Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cursor not working

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Cursor not working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cursor not working - 2/13/2012 5:53:21 AM   
KingKenny04

I am completely flabbergasted that I've spent $60 on a piece of software that doesn't work. I'm trying to play ANW 3.10.1, when the main menu loads after the intro sequence, the cursor does not work. It either does not show up at all, or it glitches across the screen, freezing in place in various positions around the menu.
Post #: 1
RE: Cursor not working - 2/13/2012 6:30:51 PM   
yojimboguy

I have very similar problems. I posted the following as a helpdesk ticket, and the response was they weren't able to help and they referred me here. Here is what I said to the Helpdesk:

Problem 1, This happens in both version 3.10 and 3.63.

If the game window is centered, or on the right half, of my desktop, the cursor disappears when I move it over the contents of the game window. It will reappear on the other side of the window if I keep moving the mouse. Also, it does work over the blue bar at the top of the window, so I can move the window around on the desktop.

If I move the window to the far left of the desktop so the left edges of each are flush with each other, the cursor works within the window, Could this be related to the fact that the desktop is a widescreen (16:9) fomat?

Problem 2:

In version 3.10, the box at the top of the window to either maximize or resize the window is grayed out and not working. (The minimize and close window functions work).

In version 3.63, the box at the top of the window to either maximize or resize the window works to a degree, but maximizing it only fills about 1/3 of the available screen. I cannot enlarge the window to take up any more of the desktop.

(in reply to KingKenny04)
Post #: 2
RE: Cursor not working - 2/15/2012 4:42:40 AM   
YankeeAirRat

It might help to tell us a little bit about your computer set up so that we might know how to help you out.

Take my word for it. You never want to be involved in an “International Incident”.

(in reply to yojimboguy)
Post #: 3
RE: Cursor not working - 2/15/2012 3:32:55 PM   
KingKenny04

Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit
Core i5-480m
4GB memory
nVidia GeForece GT 540m
quote:

ORIGINAL: YankeeAirRat

It might help to tell us a little bit about your computer set up so that we might know how to help you out.

(in reply to YankeeAirRat)
Post #: 4
RE: Cursor not working - 2/16/2012 3:28:40 AM   
YankeeAirRat

So your playing in window mode and the cursor isn't working, just so I know the issue?

Is your mouse connected via a USB port via your keyboard or via a USB port extender? I use to have a setup like that when H3ANW first arrived on scene and because of the way that window was setup it would disable the USB ports on an unpowered keyboard or on an unpowered extension cord. To check that out you might want to plug your mouse straight into the computer to see if it will work right.

Another thing to try and fiddle with the mouse speed slider on the H3 Launcher that is under the "extras" directory of the H3 game on the start menu.

As to the window setups again look at the options on the H3 Launcher, the largest size supported by H3 is 800x600, so yes some of your display issues might be related to that. However, the game should automatically resize the game back down to the proper size when you fire it off. It that isn't happeneing then there might be a command line switch that is set up wrong. I forget off the top of my head where to find the command line switches to change that.

Take my word for it. You never want to be involved in an “International Incident”.

Post #: 5
RE: Cursor not working - 2/17/2012 3:58:27 AM   
KingKenny04

Yes, playing in window mode. Mouse is plugged directly into the laptop, have no issues with it in any other program. I'll try resizing and messing with mouse speed.

(in reply to YankeeAirRat)
Post #: 6
RE: Cursor not working - 2/17/2012 6:40:41 AM   
YankeeAirRat

Another thing is to verify that you have the most current drivers installed as well for your mouse and that you don't have to have a seperate program running to run your mouse. Again to draw from my few years of playing games, I ran across an issue where I had a high speed/low drag gaming mouse with all sorts of programmable buttons on it. However, when i was playing a game (I think it was a Mechwarrior game) via WinXP it would disable the software and basically make the mouse a brick. In the end I had to install a generic mouse driver that disable most of the programed buttons in it and fiddle around with the ini files just to play the game with the mouse. Another person you should talk to via PM is TonyE or even UncleHarpoon they are two of the better troubleshooters on this stuff.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Cursor not working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI