Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Larger Font Size?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Larger Font Size? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Larger Font Size? - 2/12/2012 3:11:44 AM   
section319

Just bought AE ,installed it on a new windows 7 machine. I used the command line switches to change the screen resolution to 1920 x 1080(wide screen monitor) and the font to the "larger" size. I'm 44 years old and maybe I need glasses but whewww the font and icon size in the various dialog boxes is teenie. Is there something I can do? Should I change the resolution to something else. This game looks just like what I want but WOW the eye strain could be a killer. A trip to Canada for some cheap Lasix surgery is out of the question.
Post #: 1
RE: Larger Font Size? - 2/12/2012 4:19:03 AM   
Sardaukar

I am same age and you could use -altFont switch in shortcut.

You find instructions how to do that in"WhatsNew.pdf" in your game folder. Just don't just copy/paste from PDF, you need to type hyphen yourself, since PDF-hyphen is not really a hyphen and switch would not work.

< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 2/12/2012 4:25:37 AM >

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to section319)
Post #: 2
RE: Larger Font Size? - 2/12/2012 2:10:52 PM   
section319

This is what I currently have in the target box of the shortcut on my desktop..
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -f -px1920 -py1080

Is that correct? The font does look different, it just doesn't look any bigger than the default font. Thanks for the response. I hear carrot juice might work.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 3
RE: Larger Font Size? - 2/12/2012 2:23:04 PM   
OSO

It doesn't get bigger. The only solution is to buy a bigger screen without increasing the resolution any higher. Its hard to read with glasses and I'm 45.

(in reply to section319)
Post #: 4
RE: Larger Font Size? - 2/12/2012 2:30:23 PM   
Sardaukar

Indeed, it does not get bigger, but altFont is bit clearer and easier for eyes.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to OSO)
Post #: 5
RE: Larger Font Size? - 2/12/2012 3:04:45 PM   
section319

Thanks Oso,Sardaukar
Always wanted a duel screen set-up. Now I have an excuse (wait til the wife hears this one)Can you recommend a good monitor? Thanks again if you can't recommend one I'll understand.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 6
RE: Larger Font Size? - 2/12/2012 4:17:30 PM   
nashvillen

I use a 1920x1080 24 inch monitor simular to this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4942567&CatId=4420

Works well, my next step is two of these with a dual graphics card so I can have tracker/combat reporter/excel up on one and the game up on another.

(in reply to section319)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Larger Font Size? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI