Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Partisans

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Partisans Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Partisans - 2/11/2012 6:30:36 AM   
usersatch

Three questions:

1) Is there a way to interdict supply air drops of supplies to partisans? (I have yet to come close to being a master of the Luftwaffe). I'm thinking that I need night fighter interceptors, but so far I have not been able to get them to do it.

2) How do folks handle partisans? Do you garrison just the big cities (Kiev, etc.), garrison all of them, or ignore them. Seems that the farther you get into Russia, the more combat troops you need to devote to REMF duites.

3) Historically, how many front line Wehrmact troops vs. police/security troops were used to secure the rear areas?
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Partisans - 2/11/2012 7:47:15 AM   
Offworlder

Regarding your questions:

1) Yes night fighters are your friends since supply drops happen only at night. I normally use some of the LW airfields leaving them behind in troublesome areas. You won't see many kills though from my experience.

2) Garrison all the urban hexes to the maximum. Down south rely on the allies to hold the big cities (like Lvov or Kev or Stalino) since their security divisions contain numerous soldiers. Don't mix them together (Romanians and Hungarians) give them stretches of areas to guard (I normally have the Romanians guarding the area near the Black Sea like Odessa, Nikoliev and onwards to Rostov, while the Hungarians take the inland route of Kiev, Poltava and on to the Volga). In the north you will have to rely on your 2 rear commands who normally dispose enough manpower to handle the job - though keep an eye on Leningrad because if you don't garrison it well, you'll have a lot of partisan bands created. And yes, you'll need increasing numbers of formations to guard your back. Having said that, the only front line formations you'll ever need is a few mobile brigades for anti partisan sweeps.

3) Not many. Most of the fighting in the rear areas was within the remit of security commands. Keep in mind that there are a host of rather unsavoury formations (SS, Cossacks, local militias and whatnot) that don't feature in the game that participated in this guerila war. Also for most of the period in question, even the Brandenburgers were used in such sweeps. That changed only in the immediate area behind the front lines where armies conducted sweeps with various kamfgruppes and sometimes entire divisions, but normally partisans rarely operated in these areas.

(in reply to usersatch)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Partisans Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI