Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mud!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Mud! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mud! - 2/11/2012 6:19:33 AM   
usersatch

On the ground. In cities. On railroad tracks. On snow-covered peaks!? Good grief!!!

Still pretty new to this. I've been playing the small scenarios and finally moved up to Barbarossa. Turn 19 and I'm on the outskirts of Gorky and east of the Volga.

My thought is to dig in, shore up the line, rest, and wait for the snow and solid ground. It still gives me 4 -6 weeks (before the Siberian troops and blizzards arrive) to conduct offensive operations (and the end of the scenario). Given the 41 winter handicap, is it realistic to expect to have meaningful operations or should I take the beating and wait until 42 to go back on the offensive (assuming my next step is the GC)?
Post #: 1
RE: Mud! - 2/11/2012 6:38:09 AM   
Baelfiin

Probably not going to be able to make too many attacks during the blizzard. Hows yoour supply situation?

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha

(in reply to usersatch)
Post #: 2
RE: Mud! - 2/11/2012 2:21:38 PM   
Fänrik Stål

The siberian troops arrive in dribs and drabs during the autumn and winter months. You shouldn't expect a sudden massive effect on soviet strength from those.

"Släpp ingen djävul över bron!"

(in reply to usersatch)
Post #: 3
RE: Mud! - 2/11/2012 5:46:41 PM   
Tarhunnas

Do we have to have nazi slogans in the forum?

(in reply to Fänrik Stål)
Post #: 4
RE: Mud! - 2/11/2012 6:40:32 PM   
ird

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tarhunnas

+1

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 5
RE: Mud! - 2/11/2012 10:10:50 PM   
Dale H

No, let him keep it. It instantly informs others of his character (assuming, of course, it is a he). There is not ambiguation about that motto or its origin, is there?

Otoh, I have a Tiger tank as my avatar. Hmmm... Reconsidering.

quote:

< Message edited by Dale H -- 2/11/2012 10:14:56 PM >

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 6
RE: Mud! - 2/11/2012 11:34:09 PM   
2ndACR

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Is that what your asking about, "My honor is Loyalty" nothing wrong with that if you ask me.

No worse than "Toujours Pret" or "Always Ready, Second to None" if you ask me.

(in reply to Dale H)
Post #: 7
RE: Mud! - 2/12/2012 12:29:04 AM   
Dale H

This may illuminate. It is down below the Totenkopf cap image.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel

Arguably a bit beyond the pale but what do I know? I will cease trolling & mind my own business now.

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Is that what your asking about, "My honor is Loyalty" nothing wrong with that if you ask me.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 8
RE: Mud! - 2/12/2012 6:49:04 AM   
Tarhunnas

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Not the words in themselves, but that was the text on the SS belt buckles, and coupled with an SS division insignia as avatar, the Nazi connotation is quite clear I would say.

Read my AAR:s ye mighty, and despair!
41Ger
41Sov
41Ger
42Ger
42Sov

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 9
RE: Mud! - 2/12/2012 8:15:28 AM   
usersatch

quote:

Wow! Didnt know my mud question would require such a reply. So, who made you the moral police? The one who can read minds? Am I an Axis "fanboy"? You bet you your rear end, with no apologies. Do I subscribe to Nazi ideology? Hell no. I have an avatar and motto (that your crack detective skills unearthed) of Das Reich beause they were warriors on the battlefield. My avatar is no different than some of the folks on the AE forum who have avatars/signatures of IJN/IJA units and equipment. Or some of the folks on here--Tiger tanks and screenshots from "Battle of the Bulge", to name a few. Does that make them Nazis or Bushidists(?)? Hardly.

Want to debate the morality of the Waffen SS vs. Dresden, the rape of Berlin, etc.? Be my guest. But do it on your own thread, instead of hijacking mine, which asked a simple question about fighting in the mud.

Have an issue with my avatar? Then man up and PM me so we can discuss. I'm not here to offend folks (except for you now), so there's a very good chance that I will accomodate your concerns.

Am I violating board rules? Take it up with a mod. If I am asked by them to change it, I will (provided all the other "Nazis" on here are required to do the same.)

Have a blessed day.

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 10
RE: Mud! - 2/12/2012 8:48:11 AM   
Gefreiter Wardstein

In reply to your original question I usually stop everything as soon as mud arrives. You can't move around much so I usually hunker down until the end of the blizzard turns. There are a few weeks of snow prior to the blizzard but I usually don't do much in the way of major operations at this time as to be caught in the middle of an offensive when the blizzard does arrive makes things very difficult.

(in reply to usersatch)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Mud! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI