Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Start date 1922 ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Start date 1922 ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Start date 1922 ? - 2/10/2012 7:00:29 PM   
kirk23

DREADNOUGHTS IN THE PACIFIC ADMIRALS EDITION

I have just started using the ADMIRALS EDITION EDITOR to try and make a 1922 - 27 scenario with a seperate install of the game,and to my surprise I can change the scenario start date,I'm sure my late uncle Graham ( HELLFIREJET ) tried this before, and the date would only go back to 1930 I think.Anyway since I can now set the date so that all the mighty Dreadnoughts are in there own era,for this scenario I will be using all the art that I have created for my CASTLES OF STEEL scenario,please note from the picture below the dates highlighted in RED & BLUE.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 2/10/2012 7:11:42 PM >

Make it so!
Post #: 1
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/10/2012 8:30:49 PM   
Terminus

Will be more interesting to see if it works in game.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 2
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/10/2012 8:42:47 PM   
kirk23

Yes your correct at present its guess work if it will work,but fingers crossed, if I look at every thing in turn that has a start or end date,and alter as per the new scenario start and end dates I'm hoping that it will work ok!

Make it so!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/10/2012 8:48:41 PM   
Terminus

I have a mod on this topic too, but I just subtracted 20 years, so 1941 become 1921, etc... It's for personal consumption, so it's good enough.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 4
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/10/2012 9:01:09 PM   
kirk23

I'm like you it's really for personal use,I want to try and do it because I'm more interested in the Dreadnought era,I was surprised by the start date being so flexible I'm sure it never used to allow you to set it back to the 1920's it must have been changed by one of the more recent patches,come to think of it does anyone know how far back in time the game now allows modders to go?

Make it so!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/10/2012 9:07:00 PM   
HansBolter

Have either of you thought of adding War Plan Orange to your collections for the treasure trove of artwork on this campaign?

Hans

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 6
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/10/2012 9:10:43 PM   
Terminus

Well, yeah... Considering it was the first beta project I ever did...

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 7
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/10/2012 9:14:30 PM   
kirk23

Hi HansBolter, WAR PLAN ORANGE now where do I begin with that one,due to MATRIX lack off interest in WAR PLAN ORANGE it would have been laid to rest years ago,if not for my Late uncle and myself efforts trying to breath new life into it,I have personally done the vast majority of the new art for the game,it's a great game getting sadly forgotten about by Matrix. My latest scenario CASTLES OF STEEL has given the game a pulse again,and I will keep it that way!

Make it so!

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 8
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/23/2012 3:41:25 AM   
derhexer

quote:

I have just started using the ADMIRALS EDITION EDITOR to try and make a 1922 - 27 scenario with a seperate install of the game,and to my surprise I can change the scenario start date,I'm sure my late uncle Graham ( HELLFIREJET ) tried this before, and the date would only go back to 1930 I think.Anyway since I can now set the date so that all the mighty Dreadnoughts are in there own era,for this scenario I will be using all the art that I have created for my CASTLES OF STEEL scenario,please note from the picture below the dates highlighted in RED & BLUE.

Why not just buy the War Plan Orange game?

Chris
(Did you ever stop to think and forget to start?)

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 9
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/23/2012 12:30:15 PM   
YankeeAirRat

Well WPO still uses the older WiTP interface and doesn't incorperate some of the AI changes that WiTP:AE has. The differences between the three games are pretty big.

Take my word for it. You never want to be involved in an “International Incident”.

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 10
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/23/2012 4:33:46 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: derhexer

quote:

Why not just buy the War Plan Orange game?

Because he already owns it, and AE is far more advanced. It would be like buying Uncommon Valor instead of stock WitP.

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 11
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/23/2012 5:17:13 PM   
JWE

I really hate to rain on parades, but ... Yes, the editor merely changes values in a database file, so a scenario can be edited to start in 1775 and all the numbers can be serenely changed to one's hearts content. One can make a decent Age of Sail scenario with the editor.

But .. and here's the big butt .. the database values need to play well together with what the code is looking for. The executable code has literally thousands of code lines referencing specific dates, and 1922 isn't one of them. Possibility of divide by zero overflow is rather large.

Terminus is quite correct about personal consumption only. Might work for you for a while, but it will implode at some point. If you can deal with that, then go for it. Caveat emptor.

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 12
RE: Start date 1922 ? - 2/23/2012 5:21:47 PM   
Terminus

Exactly. Hence my add-20-years approach. My vision is blurry enough that if I look at the screen for more than a few minutes, a "4" becomes a "2" easily...

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Start date 1922 ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI