HELP REQUIRED: Shakturi Homeworld

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

gameplayer2012

HELP REQUIRED: Shakturi Homeworld

Post by gameplayer2012 »

Hi,

I have been hammering away on my first proper try at a sandbox game of DWL.

I have progressed to the point where I can pretty much attack anyone at will and most likely win. But just as I got to that point a strange new race appeared. The called themselves the XXXXXX enclave and claimed to be some refugees from another galaxy. Bullsh*t I thought as I received a warning from the Ancient Guardians. So I decided to just pre empt the war and send a 32 ship fleet right to their new home system.

Yeah, that didn't work out to well....

My fleet suffered heavy casualties from the very moment they exited hyperspace on the edge of their system. I was being constantly hit left right and centre by hit and run frigates and destroyers. My fleet managed to slaughter what appeared to be a hundred ships before they tried to move in on the homeworld. That is when I realised something was seriously wrong.

As the surviving 25 ships hyperspaced from the outer system to their homeworld, the ships appeared to hit some kind of gravity well field that forced them out of hyperspace all around a dotted line encircling the homeworld. What made things worse was the fact that it was millions of miles from their homeworld and caused the scattering of the fleet. I managed to pull the fleet back to one central location near the edge of this field but the fleet can't seem to penetrate it. The only thing that has thus far is a troop ship.

I have reinforced the fleet with 4 separate similar sized fleets in an attempt to hold the Shakturi at their homeworld. But given how fast they are building and the fact they are attacking all my colonies on the other side of the galaxy, its only a matter of time till I have to go for a full retreat.

Can someone please tell me what the hell this field is and why I can't get my fleet near their homeworld? Please bare in mind I don't know the tech tree and this is my first play through.

Awaras

RE: HELP REQUIRED: Shakturi Homeworld

Post by Awaras »

Take a look at the component called "Gravity Well Projector" in the Galactopedia. Basically, it's a component that you can research and put in your star base designs that pulls ships out of hyperspace before they can reach your planet. It's great for slowing down enemy fleets and giving your ships more time to rally for defense.
gameplayer2012

Post by gameplayer2012 »

Hi,

Ok that's all well and good... But should that prevent my ships approaching the homeworld at sublight, which is what we are experiencing at the minute?

It is essentially making this planet unattackable for me at the minute, by all but troop carriers. Why only troop carriers I have no idea.
barryvm

Post by barryvm »

I've had a similar issue a few days ago:
I ordered a bunch of ships to attack a starbase (which had the gravity well installed) at the other end of a large system.
To cross large distances these ships would try to jump in with their hyperdrives but they were pulled right out again by the gravity well component.
The point is that these ships would not try to reach their target with normal propulsion ut instead cancelled their move order (I've tries several times).
To work around this I would simply order them to move over smaller distances at a time.
Jerkface

Post by Jerkface »

They should not prevent sublight approaching...but its a bear to deal with.
Ray Butts

Post by Ray Butts »

You can warp right on top of the planet.. Just got to get friendly with them..... then drop 5 millon trops on there planet [:D]

Return to “The War Room”