Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/8/2012 10:44:39 PM   
parusski

Steiner was/is THE ultimate soldier. He is also a funny, brilliant man.

Comments required.

Attachment (1)

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Post #: 1
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/8/2012 11:30:20 PM   
Orm

Did Steiner exist? Isn't he just a myth? A fable used to tell the children? Like elves and trolls. Like Santa Claus.

< Message edited by Orm -- 2/8/2012 11:31:43 PM >

"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he said.
"Have you thought of going into teaching?"

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 2
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/8/2012 11:34:08 PM   
british exil

I think Steiner is Germany's answer to the US John Rambo.

If Steiner had fought in WWII then the Russians would be speaking german, just as in Vietnam the offical language would be american.

quote:

Did Steiner exist? Isn't he just a myth? A fable used to tell the children? Like elves and trolls.

Orm you have hit the nail on the head.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/8/2012 11:44:20 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Did Steiner exist? Isn't he just a myth? A fable used to tell the children? Like elves and trolls. Like Santa Claus.

Nein. I am very real. A troll maybe>

quote:

british exil, Steiner surpasses Rambo by universes.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 4
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/8/2012 11:52:30 PM   
british exil

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

british exil, Steiner surpasses Rambo by universes.

Not quite sure. I mean Rambo was so mean and struck fear into his enemies, his deeds of valour so many to mention, that they had to fit his life story into 4 films, whereas Steiner's life story fits into 2!!

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 5
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/8/2012 11:59:20 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

Comments required.

There must have been tens of thousands of "Steiners." In that sense, it's not so much who he was, but what he represents, that brilliant tense presence embarrassed by restraint, a veritable tower of rightness, audacity and ease of inspiration. And I think that's why so much of what his character had to say in the movie leaves the rest of us feeling empty, evasive and inarticulate. In other words, he may not always have drunk beer, but when he did, he drank...

Attachment (1)

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 6
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/9/2012 12:04:24 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

Comments required.

There must have been tens of thousands of "Steiners." In that sense, it's not so much who he was, but what he represents, that brilliant tense presence embarrassed by restraint, a veritable tower of rightness, audacity and ease of inspiration. And I think that's why so much of what his character had to say in the movie leaves the rest of us feeling empty, evasive and inarticulate. In other words, he may not always have drunk beer, but when he did, he drank...

Outstanding Prince. I think Steiner represents most soldiers throughout history. They do not love war, don't particularly like officers but are ferocious fighters.

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 7
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/9/2012 5:31:46 AM   
freeboy

t34s they used t34s I love those guys not using some ridiculous mock up

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 8
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/9/2012 9:51:11 AM   
Perturabo

Did anyone here read the book?

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 9
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/9/2012 11:20:25 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

I read the book and enjoyed it. But it is not a fantastic book. At times an editor was sorely needed.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 10
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/9/2012 7:36:12 PM   
Old Eagle101

quote:

One small tiny difference. Steiner was a bleeding NAZI!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 11
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/9/2012 7:50:06 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

I read the book and enjoyed it. But it is not a fantastic book. At times an editor was sorely needed.
Warspite1

Yes I read the book, bought it from Amazon:

STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND (Ambrose, 1991) T.WAT Publishing Co.

I thought Ambroses' book was right on the money. Ambrose argues forcefully that Steiner's excellent combat record was purely down to bouts of severe violence caused by a long standing peanut brittle addiction, that took hold of the young Steiner in the 1920's. At the age of ten the young German was partially eaten by a Gruffalo - "What's a Gruffalo?" I hear you ask. "A Gruffalo. Why don't you know? [Er no, lets not go down that path] while walking through the deep dark Bavarian wood.

Although he survived the ordeal, he was forever thereafter addicted to the peanut brittle that was administered as pain relief. The brittle addiction became worse as the years wore on, and by the time he was marching into Poland in September 1939 he was well and truly on the Brazilian.

Having survived the war, Steiner moved to Wyoming where he has been able to live a normal Wyoming peanut farmers life; marrying his sister in 1949, he fathered three daughter (who grew one tooth between them).

The BPB habit never left him though and this addiction caused Steiner's brain to shrink. In his frail dotage, indignity was visited upon this sad ex-soldier; in 2005 he took a liking to American Football, and was promptly declared insane. In the last year, now 117, he has been left with little to occupy his days but post banal, childlike comments on a wargaming forum.

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 12
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/9/2012 8:08:34 PM   
parusski

quote:

One small tiny difference. Steiner was a bleeding NAZI

Steiner HATED Nazi's.

quote:

Yes I read the book, bought it from Amazon:

STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND (Ambrose, 1991) T.WAT Publishing Co.

I thought Ambroses' book was right on the money. Ambrose argues forcefully that Steiner's excellent combat record was purely down to bouts of severe violence caused by a long standing peanut brittle addiction, that took hold of the young Steiner in the 1920's. At the age of ten the young German was partially eaten by a Gruffalo - "What's a Gruffalo?" I hear you ask. "A Gruffalo. Why don't you know? [Er no, lets not go down that path] while walking through the deep dark Bavarian wood.

Although he survived the ordeal, he was forever thereafter addicted to the peanut brittle that was administered as pain relief. The brittle addiction became worse as the years wore on, and by the time he was marching into Poland in September 1939 he was well and truly on the Brazilian.

Having survived the war, Steiner moved to Wyoming where he has been able to live a normal Wyoming peanut farmers life; marrying his sister in 1949, he fathered three daughter (who grew one tooth between them).

The BPB habit never left him though and this addiction caused Steiner's brain to shrink. In his frail dotage, indignity was visited upon this sad ex-soldier; in 2005 he took a liking to American Football, and was promptly declared insane. In the last year, now 117, he has been left with little to occupy his days but post banal, childlike comments on a wargaming forum.

Where to begin. I love books from T.WAT publishers. Especially their KSMEYEASS line.

Steiner may have encounter some issues due to BPB in 2005. But in November 2011 he was administered massive doses of CPB and his brain expanded to twice that of a normal British footballer prancing around in shorts tossing his long, flowing hair. UUUHH, where were we. In 1986 Steiner married a lovely woman from South Africa(here as a foreign exchange student) and fathered 3 more children. All are brilliant, after their dad, and all entered the IT field(also following dad's 9th career).

(in reply to Old Eagle101)
Post #: 13
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/9/2012 10:45:36 PM   
gunny

Coincidently I watched Decision before Dawn yesterday. The protagonists name in that was Cpl Steiner as well. Karl Steiner. Maybe it was his brother cause they both hated NAZI's.

< Message edited by gunny -- 2/9/2012 10:48:20 PM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 14
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/9/2012 11:03:07 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunny

Coincidently I watched Decision before Dawn yesterday. The protagonists name in that was Cpl Steiner as well. Karl Steiner. Maybe it was his brother cause they both hated NAZI's.

Karl was one of Steiner's brothers. The other brother was Ricky Bobby Steiner. RB Steiner worked in Talladega Florida until his death in 2006.

(in reply to gunny)
Post #: 15
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/10/2012 4:15:27 AM   
KG Erwin

Parusski, I must ask, are you on medication, and is it prescribed or self-administered?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 16
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/10/2012 6:53:21 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Parusski, I must ask, are you on medication, and is it prescribed or self-administered?
Warspite1

Duh, get with the program K G Erwin - his name is actually Steiner, and yes, he's on Brazilian Peanut Brittle (see post 12).

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 17
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/10/2012 1:19:57 PM   
parusski

quote:

Prescribed by the UK minister of PB. Self-administered 24 times a day.

Duh, get with the program K G Erwin - his name is actually Steiner, and yes, he's on Brazilian Peanut Brittle (see post 12).

Double 'du'tch bus.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 18
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/10/2012 7:24:19 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Double 'du'tch bus.
Warspite1

What does that mean Steiner?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 19
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/10/2012 7:56:00 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

Double 'du'tch bus.
Warspite1

Well it's a play on words. I was saying DUH to K G Erwin. Then an absolutely horrible, but fun, song from the 80's popped(or pooped) into my mind, watch and enjoy:

Double Dutch Bus VIdeo

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 20
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/10/2012 8:34:24 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Double 'du'tch bus.
Warspite1

Well it's a play on words. I was saying DUH to K G Erwin. Then an absolutely horrible, but fun, song from the 80's popped(or pooped) into my mind, watch and enjoy:

Double Dutch Bus VIdeo

Warspite1

Right you are corporal.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 21
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/10/2012 8:42:19 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Double 'du'tch bus.
Warspite1

Double Dutch Bus VIdeo

Warspite1

Right you are corporal.

So did you watch and love Double Dutch Bus?????

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 22
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/10/2012 8:48:44 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Double 'du'tch bus.
Warspite1

Double Dutch Bus VIdeo

Warspite1

Right you are corporal.

Warspite1

Not yet, I'm watching Coronation Street.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 23
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/10/2012 8:52:31 PM   
parusski

quote:

Not yet, I'm watching Coronation Street.

I love Coronation Street.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 24
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/11/2012 12:59:57 AM   
ezz

We're taling about officer Kurt Steiner? Michael Caine?
{Actually, they do look a bit similar.}

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 25
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/11/2012 1:04:28 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: ezz

We're taling about officer Kurt Steiner? Michael Caine?
{Actually, they do look a bit similar.}

quote:

Kurt Steiner

NEIN. Rolf Steiner, great soldier and brilliant man from Cross of Iron, played by James Coburn.

(in reply to ezz)
Post #: 26
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/11/2012 4:16:15 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Double 'du'tch bus.
Warspite1

Double Dutch Bus VIdeo

Warspite1

Right you are corporal.

Warspite1

Yes I did. The opening lines of the song sound just like Word Up by Cameo.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 27
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/12/2012 10:40:28 PM   
parusski

Here is a video of my block party from yesterday.

Steiner(parusski) back yard party

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 28
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/12/2012 10:46:26 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

Er thank-you for sharing. I had nothing really to say in response other than by posting I have my name on the first six threads

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 29
RE: STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! - 2/12/2012 10:48:03 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Er thank-you for sharing. I had nothing really to say in response other than by posting I have my name on the first six threads

You did not like that video of young Rolf Steiner XII?

And did u think I would let your name stay there???

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> STEINER: MAN, MYTH, GENIUS, LEGEND! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI