new to WITP AE

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bean5671

new to WITP AE

Post by bean5671 »

question to the forum

I have had AE for sometime now about 18 months but have not had the time to play til now

what would the best settings be for my first game vs AI to learn the interface and game mech's
any ideas?
should I just jump in or not

thank you

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln
Terminus

RE: new to WITP AE

Post by Terminus »

Start with Coral Sea and then go to the Guadalcanal scenario. Turn off "Advanced Weather" (otherwise it'll be all thunderstorms all the time). Also, turn off "Auto Sub Ops"; the AI can't do as good a job as you'll be able to.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Oh, and welcome aboard.[;)]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Omat

Post by Omat »

Hello

I personally prefeer learning by doing. Just get the basic`s via Handbook or "Basic Training Video Tutorials"

tm.asp?m=2353946

and than simply play. Whenever you do not know to handle something look into the handbook or search via google here in the matrixforum.

You will probably do a loot of mistakes...but everybody had done this :O)

Much fun

Omat
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell
bean5671

Post by bean5671 »

thanks guys

I will start with the coral sea another question any little tools I should download to help manage the info in this game
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln
Grfin Zeppelin

Post by Grfin Zeppelin »

Welcome to the feeding grounds.

Dan Nichols

Post by Dan Nichols »

ORIGINAL: bean5671

thanks guys

I will start with the coral sea another question any little tools I should download to help manage the info in this game

Go here and get Tracker: tm.asp?m=2236936
I think that the two obligations you have are to be good at what you do and then to pass on your knowledge to a younger person
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

welcome aboard bean5671,
you can also try Combat Reporter
Roger Neilson II

Post by Roger Neilson II »

Welcome to the madhouse, but its a very very friendly one - apart from the odd nutcase!

If you get stuck just ask, people are incredibly helpful.

Roger
bigred

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Welcome to the feeding grounds.
It is not that bad!
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
obvert

Post by obvert »

Also, while you're playing the AI to learn, often stop and change sides to have a peek at what's happening on the other side. You won't be able to do this if you play a person, so enjoy it while you can. You'll also learn a lot about Fog of War and how the settings you used affected the outcomes of confrontations.

If you get mauled, back up, change the settings, and try again. I agree with starting on a small scenario. The campaign is a bit daunting at first. It's still daunting a year later when you'll try your first PBEM, but only then because you get into all of the details and want to set them with some precision.

Enjoy. It's a good ride!
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

Theres still some buttons I hav'ent pushed yet.[:D]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”