Matrix Games Forums

New screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!Space Program Manager will be launching on Steam
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Late Game Shenanigans

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Late Game Shenanigans Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Late Game Shenanigans - 2/8/2012 3:42:12 PM   
michael1776

I actually just finished the campaign for the first time over the weekend. I know that's crazy, but when you work 70 hours a week, you find that you only have 15 minutes on a Saturday night to play a war game. Well I haven't seen too many posts about this so I thought I would comment. Am I the only one that found the late game missions a little broken - for lack of a better term? I have no problem with the alternate history missions, though, to be honest I didn't get to play many of them. I was only able to fight the Allies to a draw that ended at the doorstep of Berlin itself. My main issue was the fact that the late game seems to be centered around building as many Tiger 2 tanks as you can, to deal with the overwhelming spamming of JS2's and Pershings that get thrown at you. For me it made the last few missions a real bore as it was just a grind to get through the gamey AI heavy tank spamming. Might be worth looking into a limit on the amount of super heavy tanks that can be produced, for both the AI and what the player can add to his core forces.

Just a thought.

MJ
Post #: 1
RE: Late Game Shenanigans - 2/8/2012 7:47:33 PM   
Max 86

I think it has been discussed before when the game first came out but not sure if there was any resolution. I agree though, no more than 2-4 of those unit types should be allowed in any scenario.

No problem Chief!

(in reply to michael1776)
Post #: 2
RE: Late Game Shenanigans - 2/8/2012 11:56:24 PM   
KerenskyLI

Yes, this was a common concern brought up about the stock campaign, primarily the Bagration, Balaton, and Germany scenarios.

If you are interested in more content, I highly recommend the DLC campaigns for this very reason. The AI has been configured to use a MUCH wider array of equipment(not just spam the best), and it tries to use them more effectively too.

For example this screenshot of the upcoming DLC 1943 shows a good equipment variety:
http://www.slitherine.com/screenshots/original/game_1328537858.jpg

As does this one of DLC 1942, where we see various T-34s, one KV1, a T70, plus lots of other equipment.
http://www.slitherine.com/screenshots/original/game_1328537645.jpg

< Message edited by KerenskyLI -- 2/8/2012 11:57:48 PM >

(in reply to Max 86)
Post #: 3
RE: Late Game Shenanigans - 2/9/2012 11:21:28 PM   
brucesim2003

The AI should actually use more infantry....as it is it is too tank/vehicle heavy.

Cheers

Bruce

(in reply to KerenskyLI)
Post #: 4
RE: Late Game Shenanigans - 2/18/2012 7:53:56 AM   
Rood

quote:

ORIGINAL: brucesim2003

The AI should actually use more infantry....as it is it is too tank/vehicle heavy.

Cheers

Bruce

infantry?....this is panzer corps!

Sorry couldn't resist .

PS Stalingrad had amazing amounts of infantry.

(in reply to brucesim2003)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Late Game Shenanigans Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI