Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massive Update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massive Update! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massive Up... - 2/8/2012 5:29:56 AM   
Erik Rutins

War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Massive Update
Hundreds of fixes and improvements!

Arlington, VT, February 8th, 2012 – Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com), Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and Henderson Field Designs are proud to release a major new update for their award winning WWII Pacific Theatre mega game, War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition! The new comprehensive v1.01.08r9 update contains hundreds of fixes, tweaks and improvements, including dozens of interface improvements! Please note that while it is possible to continue existing games, players will need to start a new game to see the full effect of these data fixes and improvements.

Erik Rutins, Director of Product Development at Matrix Games, said “Unparalleled in its realism and scope, War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition is a must-have for any Pacific Theatre buff. This is the sixth official update since the release of Admiral’s Edition and it’s a big one! If you are thinking of starting a game of War in the Pacific, make sure you apply this update first! War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition just keeps getting better, and thanks to the dedicated development team and the active involvement of the community, it looks guaranteed to provide years of future enjoyment.”

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition is the result of many additional man-years of development from a dedicated and experienced team including subject matter experts and experienced programmers. This has resulted in an improved War in the Pacific experience across the board. This is the entire War in the Pacific down to individual aircraft, vehicles, ships, guns and squads - more than just a game, it's an encyclopedia of the war compiled from many sources to an unmatched level of detail. Add in a much improved AI and more secure PBEM play and you have the makings of a new classic!

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition is a stand-alone release which does not require ownership of War in the Pacific. The Admiral’s Edition installation process will not overwrite original War in the Pacific files, but instead the expansion installs along side the original installation of the game and runs as a separate game.

The individual features and improvements to Admiral’s Edition are far too numerous to mention in total in this announcement, but the product page link below goes into enough detail to please any War in the Pacific fan.

As our first "Collector's Edition", the boxed version also comes with a Full Color Printed 330 page manual!

War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition is a standalone release and does not require War in the Pacific to install and play.

This update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition to version 1.01.08r9. The download link for the update can be found here. Matrix Games recommends that all owners of War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition update to this version. Get more information on War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition from its official product page.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 2/8/2012 5:31:44 AM >

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/8/2012 2:58:58 PM   
hbrsvl

Erik- I've DLed the new patch(or whatever), have it it a zip file, placed the file in the main AE folder and tried to open. No go.

What next, please?

Thanks, Hugh Browne

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/8/2012 3:01:08 PM   
Treale

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Erik- I've DLed the new patch(or whatever), have it it a zip file, placed the file in the main AE folder and tried to open. No go.

What next, please?

Thanks, Hugh Browne

I would imagine that the zip file contains an executable file that will patch the game? Try to unzip it and see what you get...

< Message edited by Treale -- 2/8/2012 3:02:18 PM >

Tony

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 3
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/8/2012 11:51:46 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

What next, please?

Thanks, Hugh Browne

The version I downloaded was not a zip file, it is an exe. Are you sure you're downloading the right file ?

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 4
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/9/2012 9:49:44 AM   
Floyd

Depending on the download server you select, you'll get the "exe" file from Matrix
or a "zip" file with the "exe" inside.
If you get the "zip" file, extract anywhere on disk and then execute the "exe".

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 5
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/9/2012 11:07:08 AM   
jomni

The auto-updater does not know there's a new version. Say's that I am current.
Will download manually.

My Blog
Random Wargame Name Generator

(in reply to Floyd)
Post #: 6
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/9/2012 2:02:36 PM   
hbrsvl

Treale-Got it. Worked like a charm. Many thanks. HB

(in reply to Treale)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massive Update! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI