Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone Play Skyrim?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Anyone Play Skyrim? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/8/2012 3:05:54 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Bethesda has released their Creation Kit today that allows modders to use the same tools as the developers did. As a bonus they offer up a Hi res pack that keeps the original feel that the artists had in mind. I've not DL it yet but am planning on it tonight. Some players were expressing that they didn't feel the Hi Res was all that noticeable.

I really need to fire the game up as it has sat on my computer since day 1. With all the recent Matrix games released I just didn't have time to play it more than about an hour. Initially I thought the graphics to be a little bland, but like I said I haven't had enough time with it to make a complete opinion.

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/8/2012 5:28:59 AM   
freeboy

you need the super duper 65 inch plasma.. then it would come alive.. or not..
often hi res is a matter of tastes....
Good luck...

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/8/2012 7:57:43 AM   
wodin

Played it...bored of it...twas the same quest over and over again...if the scenery didn't look as good it wouldn't hav ebeen raved about in my opinion...it had a massive WOW factor...

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/8/2012 8:07:53 AM   
doomtrader

The game is still unavailable on Steam for my country.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/8/2012 8:30:57 AM   
apathetic lurker

Havent played it in ages...Played about 12-15 hours a day for the first week

My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 5
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/8/2012 9:19:29 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker

Havent played it in ages...Played about 12-15 hours a day for the first week

Dang. Did you get bed sores?

BTW, I've been playing it for the past couple hours and it looks like the graphics have really improved. Plus, there are some awesome mods out now that are easy to add and delete with the new Workshop. I'm hoping some of the UI mods from Skyrim Nexus will be added to Workshop.

Doomy, that stinks. Why would they not have a market in Poland? Doesn't make sense.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to apathetic lurker)
Post #: 6
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/8/2012 10:34:22 AM   
doomtrader

Most probably local developer has got exclusive rights for the territory. The same situation is with Rage.
Most probably it will end up with ordering the game in UK

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 7
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/8/2012 11:07:15 AM   
nicwb

Been playing on and off for a couple of weeks - you do get your money's worth - a lot of quests, a lot of alternate pathways and ahuge map to explore. I agree with Wodin that some of the quests are a bit "same-ish" and the combat system hasn't moved on much from the last Elder scrolls episode but taking on dragons in combat does makes up for it.

Graphics are definitely top notch

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 8
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/8/2012 12:59:53 PM   
british exil

I find it is quite relaxing after a days work to go into one of the caves and kill everything that apears in front of my sword.
Just a shame one can't take any prisoners, not that I would. I yield no ground while I'm in the caves.
Nice game and graphics. And just take a stroll throught the woods at night, I sometimes do get the creeps wondering what is lurking out there.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 9
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/8/2012 1:16:24 PM   
wodin

The Dragons soon become a pain in the backside..I honestly feel they should have been a rare event (only fight one when it's quest specific) and the most powerful creature in Skyrim, at the moment they are easier to kill than a Troll and Giants or the most deadly of all Mammoths wipe the floor with them. So you end up thinking why is everyone so scared of them...

Infinite Dragons was a great way of saying respawning Dragons.

< Message edited by wodin -- 2/8/2012 1:18:28 PM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 10
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/8/2012 2:11:39 PM   
Speedy

I would play more but the PS3 versions have lagging and performance issues the more you go on

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 11
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/10/2012 11:08:09 AM   
flanyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

I would play more but the PS3 versions have lagging and performance issues the more you go on

That got a bit annoying. I stopped after about 30 hours and having done a ton of side quests but not even scratching the surface for the main story quest. Only did the first 4 missions of the main quest.

(in reply to Speedy)
Post #: 12
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/10/2012 12:21:25 PM   
Speedy

I haven't played it for over 2 weeks now. Am hoping the next patch will fix that issue....not holding my breath though................

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 13
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/10/2012 1:57:28 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

That's odd, it runs smooth for me.

(in reply to Speedy)
Post #: 14
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/10/2012 6:54:18 PM   
Hertston

Only the second game I can ever recall uninstalling simply because it was taking up far too much of my time; 127 hours of it according to Steam. That must be some sort of recommendation!

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 15
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/12/2012 6:03:09 AM   
ilovestrategy

I love this game. Logged in a tad over 250 hours now and that's on the original version. Lord only knows how many hours I'll play with all the mods that are coming out.......

I'm a total Bethesda nut, started being one with Daggerfall.

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 16
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/12/2012 8:41:43 AM   
IDontThinkSo

I watched the main quest walkthrough on YouTube and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've played through Morrowind and Oblivion, and like ilovestrategy, am a huge Bethesda nut, but currently don't have the hardware required to run the game (neither PC nor Xbox360). I am sort of grateful for that, God knows what would've happened had I had the means to run the game...

< Message edited by IDontThinkSo -- 2/12/2012 8:42:06 AM >

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 17
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/14/2012 1:56:12 AM   
bradfordkay

speedy, Bethesda has sent a patch to Sony that should take care of your problem. I bought a PS3 so I could play the game (no steam love with my dialup connection) and read on the forums that they found the problem to be the bookcase in the player's purchased home creating an "infinite loop". I have avoided buying a home and have not encountered the slow down/freezing problems for the most part. If I have had the game running for more than six hours it starts to stutter a little bit. I then just same the game and turn the unit off for a couple of hours - when I return everything is back to normal (smooth), even though my game saves are now 12mb each. Speaking of which, I have limited myself to using only ten saves in order to keep as much open space on hte hard drive as possible. Just like a PC, when your game console runs low on available drive space you will encounter performance problems.

ilovetrategy: I'm with you. I got hooked on Bethesda's CRPGs with Arena, the first game in the Elder Scrolls series. However, I do not miss how confusing some of Daggerfall's caves were... I found that the only safe way to handle them was to set a mark just inside the entrance so that I could teleport back when it was time to go - otherwise I might wander the cave forever without finding my way out!

< Message edited by bradfordkay -- 2/14/2012 1:58:54 AM >

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to IDontThinkSo)
Post #: 18
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/14/2012 2:16:26 PM   
Speedy

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

speedy, Bethesda has sent a patch to Sony that should take care of your problem. I bought a PS3 so I could play the game (no steam love with my dialup connection) and read on the forums that they found the problem to be the bookcase in the player's purchased home creating an "infinite loop".

I can but hope Bradfordkay. I can but hope

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 19
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/14/2012 3:34:27 PM   
2ndACR

Now that you are playing with Airline Empire, you have no free time for any other game. Get that addiction fix. LOL

(in reply to Speedy)
Post #: 20
RE: Anyone Play Skyrim? - 2/14/2012 5:49:56 PM   
Speedy

Too true 2ndACR...too true

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Anyone Play Skyrim? Page: [1]
Jump to: