Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How is this game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> How is this game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How is this game? - 2/7/2012 10:21:59 PM   
redmarkus4

I owned the original BoB Talonsoft version of this game (I forget the name) and never bought the extended Matrix version.

I have a reviewed interest in the air war and am wondering if I should buy. It seems rather pricey for a two year old product with only a 3 star rating and few added mods or scenarios...

Any comments from someone who owns it?

Managers read statistics and tune processes. Leaders interpret statistics and determine strategy.
Post #: 1
RE: How is this game? - 2/8/2012 11:48:11 AM   
nelmsm

If you've an interest in the air war at this level then I'd say buy it.  You won't regret it.

Texas, where we have the death penalty and aren't afraid to use it.

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 2
RE: How is this game? - 2/8/2012 2:30:54 PM   
wildweasel0585

few if any bugs at all and very stable. If you have an interest in the air war you'll love it. About mods and other scenarios; there are some Art mods around, but I have no clue if there are any other scenarios floating around.
On of the bad things, is that the community is very small and if you're looking for an opponent, it might be hard.

If you're still really into the original, then you should buy it.
Personally, I think the game is worth 5 stars. If the price, 3 stars and the lack of additional mods hold you back, then you should still buy it.

If you're not really going to like it that much and thought the original was ho-hum, then you shouldn't buy it.

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!!

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 3
RE: How is this game? - 2/8/2012 11:09:06 PM   
redmarkus4

Thanks guys. I bought it this morning.

Managers read statistics and tune processes. Leaders interpret statistics and determine strategy.

(in reply to wildweasel0585)
Post #: 4
RE: How is this game? - 2/13/2012 1:30:53 AM   
kingtiger_501

I am thinking about getting this game also but after reading about the sweeps and reviews about the user interface it has turned me off.

Are these 2 things a deal breaker for this game or are they over hyped?

PS.. Hi Hard Sarge, long time no see.

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 5
RE: How is this game? - 2/13/2012 4:38:50 AM   
bcgames

The interface can be mastered very quickly. An understanding of game rules comes readily thereafter. Then it's all about how you play the game; the strategies and the supporting tactics are all fields to be plowed to see what will grow. This game is a nice little diamond with many facets to explore. I love it.

(in reply to kingtiger_501)
Post #: 6
RE: How is this game? - 2/13/2012 9:09:36 AM   
redmarkus4

I was put off by the bad press and the screen shots as well, right up until last Friday! Now I have the game I realize that it's a real gem, just in need of some polishing.

I am starting a PBEM vs, Carnage today and we'll probably do our usual AAR thing, although mine will be a basic one due to work pressures.

If you're a WitP or WitE type of player, you will definitely want to have EDBtR in your stable.

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 7
RE: How is this game? - 2/13/2012 9:37:50 AM   
Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: bcgames

The interface can be mastered very quickly. An understanding of game rules comes readily thereafter. Then it's all about how you play the game; the strategies and the supporting tactics are all fields to be plowed to see what will grow. This game is a nice little diamond with many facets to explore. I love it.

Agreed, spot on.

"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people." - Heinz Guderian

Trippin' with Jagdgeschwader 11

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 8
RE: How is this game? - 2/13/2012 9:46:42 AM   
kingtiger_501

I have not played a war game since WiTE has been released. I think I needed a break form the intense playing of WIR (yes I played this game too much) followed by play testing of WiTE.

Bought the game today as I would like to get back into war gaming but wanted a game I have not played before and this one seemed very interesting.

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 9
RE: How is this game? - 2/13/2012 4:04:45 PM   
redmarkus4

quote:

ORIGINAL: kingtiger_501

I have not played a war game since WiTE has been released. I think I needed a break form the intense playing of WIR (yes I played this game too much) followed by play testing of WiTE.

Bought the game today as I would like to get back into war gaming but wanted a game I have not played before and this one seemed very interesting.

Cool. Let's spread the word and get some more people engaged. I'm sorry I didn't look at this title more closely before now.

I just fired off turn one of my first PBEM vs. Carnage (BOB) and will put up a little AAR in a minute.

By the way, check out the Mods section for new map mods by BCGames and myself. My BTR mod is based on some earlier work by another modder, while my BOB stuff is all my own.

(in reply to kingtiger_501)
Post #: 10
RE: How is this game? - 2/13/2012 5:39:36 PM   
cohimbra

quote:

ORIGINAL: bcgames
This game is a nice little diamond with many facets to explore.

+1

The other important things is that it's fun to play. I started my first
PBEM whit GB and I enjoy it very much (even if rain down bombs every day!).

< Message edited by cohimbra -- 2/13/2012 5:44:43 PM >

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 11
RE: How is this game? - 2/13/2012 6:43:48 PM   
wildweasel0585

i love this game!

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!!

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 12
RE: How is this game? - 4/21/2012 4:41:32 AM   
Tophat1812

I have the original talon-soft Bombing the Reich and battle of Britain. Been meaning to pick this one up for over a year+ now. Just waiting on that income tax return to make a couple of purchases and this will be one of them. WiTE is approaching burnout stage for me for awhile,also things are a bit too hostile over in that forum section at the moment........time for a change.

(in reply to wildweasel0585)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> How is this game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI