Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! - 2/7/2012 6:05:31 AM   
Erik Rutins

Advanced Tactics: Gold Is Updated!
Many fixes and a new unit type is now ready for action

Arlington, VT, February 7th, 2012 – Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com), Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and VR Designs (www.vrdesigns.nl) are pleased to announce the release of the comprehensive 2.10 update for their acclaimed strategy game, Advanced Tactics: Gold. This new update contains mainly bug fixes as well as a new unit type (the Jeep), but also includes the many improvements, tweaks and fixes from previous updates.

Remember to also get your new free Advanced Tactics: Gold Strategy Guide, located at this link.

Erik Rutins, Director of Product Development at Matrix Games, said “Advanced Tactics: Gold is a powerful wargame construction kit that every grognard should own. Very satisfying gameplay, including advanced and realistic modeling of many wargame concepts, while offering near infinite replayability and both historical, random and casual scenarios, it has something for every wargamer and fits every schedule and budget!”

Building off of the enormous success of Advanced Tactics: World War II, the Gold edition gives players a more powerful game editor, much improved random game engine, many new features and abilities, and more. Advanced Tactics: Gold also comes with an updated manual and ever-changing and expanding wiki, a freshly revamped scenario bank, new graphics throughout the game, more troop types, as well as some new scenarios. VR Designs has also been hard at working listening to player feedback, so Advanced Tactics: Gold also comes with many incremental changes and improvements based on community feedback!

But perhaps the most exciting feature in Advanced Tactics: Gold is the near limitless potential for replayability. The strong mod community will be able to create engaging, rich scenarios with the vastly improved editor, and players looking to hop straight into the action can enjoy a much improved random game experience that comes with many new rules, actions, and gameplay mechanics.

Owners of Advanced Tactics: World War II will receive a $15 discount off the price of Advanced Tactics: Gold! Follow this link to obtain your discount code.

Just a few of the many features include:

• Versatile Engine – The Advanced Tactics: Gold engine is capable of modeling a wide variety of warfare from historical and modern battles to science fiction conflicts and warring fantasy realms!
• Improved Scenario Editor – The scenario editor is very powerful and allows the player to edit almost any aspect of the game in great detail.
• Expanded Random Game Mode – Many new features and game mechanics like more unit types, unit fuel, climates and seasons, and more.
• Many incremental improvements based on community feedback
• A whole lot more!

Get the update here. The update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of Advanced Tactics: Gold to 2.10. Get more information on Advanced Tactics: Gold from its official product page.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! - 2/7/2012 9:53:53 PM   
stone10

Is there any difference between this patch and 2.10beta?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! - 2/8/2012 12:36:20 AM   
dominickpa

The download file is still called 2.10b? I could not find a jeep in the beta version or this one, so where is it?

(in reply to stone10)
Post #: 3
RE: Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! - 2/8/2012 12:12:55 PM   
Webizen

I doubt that there is any difference. To this point not a single patch release has differed from the beta.

quote:

ORIGINAL: stone10

Is there any difference between this patch and 2.10beta?

Tac2i

(in reply to stone10)
Post #: 4
RE: Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! - 2/8/2012 12:14:39 PM   
Webizen

In the 'vehicles' category: it is there in the beta and in the final. I've been using it in my games since it was introduced.

quote:

ORIGINAL: dominickpa

The download file is still called 2.10b? I could not find a jeep in the beta version or this one, so where is it?

Tac2i

(in reply to dominickpa)
Post #: 5
RE: Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! - 2/8/2012 4:30:29 PM   
dominickpa

All I see are halftracks in the vehicle production options.

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 6
RE: Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! - 2/8/2012 6:57:01 PM   
**budd**

I just checked and i dont see any jeep either, in production screen or in the research screen.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to dominickpa)
Post #: 7
RE: Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! - 2/8/2012 11:45:03 PM   
british exil

Jeeps are working fine for me.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 8
RE: Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! - 2/8/2012 11:45:20 PM   
Webizen

It is there. You two must have corrupted installs or either you are looking for it in a saved game started with a previous version. You will not see it until you start a new game with 2.10b.

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

I just checked and i dont see any jeep either, in production screen or in the research screen.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Webizen -- 2/8/2012 11:48:35 PM >

Tac2i

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 9
RE: Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! - 3/22/2012 4:39:31 PM   
Webizen

Any word on a new update (patch) for ATG? I know that there are at least 2 or 3 issues that Vic was going to address. On the one year anniversary of ATG's release this is the perfect time for another patch, perhaps one that adds a new feature or two. A status update on possible plans for another edition (Platinum?) would be most welcome as well.

< Message edited by Webizen -- 3/22/2012 4:42:33 PM >

Tac2i

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics: Gold is Updated! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI