Possible CV Display Bug

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Oloren_MatrixForum

Possible CV Display Bug

Post by Oloren_MatrixForum »

In my current game (May 45) vs. Terje, during Clear turns where the previous turn was mud and the current turn is clear, the enemy CV values look like they appear to be what they should be in mud and not clear. The reverse is also true. I'm not sure if this is intended or even if it happened in prior years. Is this working as intended?

Also, there are no Axis reinforcements after mid April 1945 even though the game extends to October 1945. I understand that this would be historical given the German surrender, but it looks to be a scenario design issue. Four months of summer campagning for the Russians who are still able to build freely and nothing but replacements for the Axis. It also looks like there may not be any Luftwaffe replacements during this period either. Somehow this does not seem right.

Oloren
Helpless

RE: Possible CV Display Bug

Post by Helpless »

Looks like you see recon values and they are not that much off to trigger the reset. Probably we need to lower threshold. Does it change with land recon?
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Also, there are no Axis reinforcements after mid April 1945 even though the game extends to October 1945. I understand that this would be historical given the German surrender, but it looks to be a scenario design issue. Four months of summer campagning for the Russians who are still able to build freely and nothing but replacements for the Axis. It also looks like there may not be any Luftwaffe replacements during this period either. Somehow this does not seem right.

What kind of reinforcements do you mean? New units?
Pavel Zagzin
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

This is the way that it has worked, since the display of the mud-altered offensive CVs was implemented several patches ago. There is a half-turn delay in the displayed values changing, due to the order of events within the previous logistics phase. I agree that it is confusing, to say the least, but I don't think that it is necessarily a "bug".

On the other hand, the values do immediately readjust to the proper weather conditions if the units are involved in a combat, as that resets the reconned value of the hex.
Oloren_MatrixForum

Thank you for your responses.  I'll keep it in mind when I view the CV values, and yes, it's with land recon.  I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not.

With respect to the Axis reinforcement schedule, there are no scheduled Axis reinforcements after mid-April 1945.  I understand the dilemma.  What do you give them since the war ended in May?  However, it makes it difficult to face the Soviet onslaught for their summer offensive on replacements alone.  One would think that some units could be made available from the West, since presumably the Western Allies are not doing as well as historically.
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I don't think units is the main axis problem in 1945... or am I missing something?
Pavel Zagzin
Oloren_MatrixForum

Well, the main Axis problem in 1945 is probably morale, but it is helpful to have new units coming in from the West at intervals as a sort of reserve.

In any event, whether it's the main problem or not is not really the issue. In my game with Terje, the Axis are mostly in front of the Dneiper at that point east all along the front. The Germans had been receinving new units fairly frequently through the game and the flow just suddenly stops. I understand that it's a design decision, but it doesn't seem to make sense that the Soviets can continue to build as many units as they are able but the Germans are forced to rely on whatever replacements they get for about 20 turns.
KamilS

Post by KamilS »

Same turn, same unit, different patches - left 1.05.53, right 1.05.59

Attachments
unit.jpg
unit.jpg (110.36 KiB) Viewed 45 times
Kamil
KamilS

Post by KamilS »

Ok I am idiot, hehe. There is snow, so my CV is divided by 1,5. Sorry.
Kamil
Oloren_MatrixForum

I don't think units is the main axis problem in 1945... or am I missing something?

Ok, so I guess I should ask.

What is the design rationale for not providing the Germans with any new units or apparently replacement aircraft for 5 months after mid-April 1945?

AFV

Post by AFV »

Or better yet, what is the rational for continuing the game out so far?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

You can blame that one on me. Jim Wirth has argued that it was crazy, but I thought there should be a little added time (basically until the invention of the A-bomb probably would have made things moot). The idea was that if things were going better on the Eastern Front perhaps they would also be going better on the Western Front. However, as you note, the production system doesn't seem to hold up after May. Of course, it's very easy for players to make a house rule going into the game that they will end their game in early May and judge the score based on this.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

The problem is Joel that the vast majority will prefer to adhere to the game conditions rather than any house rule. But I think in future I need to spell this out in my opponents wanted adds.

Return to “Tech Support”