Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Rocket Arty Div - not filling ToE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Rocket Arty Div - not filling ToE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Rocket Arty Div - not filling ToE - 2/5/2012 6:48:34 PM   
jzardos

I'm not sure if this is WAD or a bug. But it's early 43 and I've created several Rocket Arty Div. My armaments and manpower pools are over 1 million(active), but each turn the ToE for these units is only creeping up. It's been like a almost 2 months and these units are still around 60% ToE. They're 20 hexes behind the lines on the rail system and on REFIT. I have tons surplus manpower and armaments, but can't build these rocket launchers? Seems very silly? Is there some goofy restriction with how many of these I can make a turn? Trying to understand with rules, but my only guess is hvy industry limiting factor? I have a lot of that too.

Can somebody please explain what I'm missing if this is in fact WAD.
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Rocket Arty Div - not filling ToE - 2/5/2012 7:00:22 PM   
Helpless

Can you please send a save to 2by3@2by3games.com? Thanks

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Rocket Arty Div - not filling ToE - 2/5/2012 8:02:10 PM   
jzardos

Done

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Rocket Arty Div - not filling ToE - 2/5/2012 9:16:27 PM   
Farfarer

Mine filled out OK initially, but after suffering losses, they have not recovered.
I also discovered ehn I built a new Army HQ which contained Rocket SUs, these fille dup immediately. However, the Rocket Divs in the next hex actually had their rocket launchers 'drained' out of them and they turned Unready.

The new Army HQ, STAVKA and the 'drained' Rocket divs were all on rail lines, well in the rear, and esentially all adjacent to each other. I suspect units requiring Rockets are in some kind of hierarchy, so I have disbanded all heavy Rocket SUs.

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet Rocket Arty Div - not filling ToE - 2/6/2012 9:29:51 PM   
Helpless

I looked at the save and in one turn production of BM-30-4 was 950 units, which doesn't indicate particular problem. All the TOE of Rocket divisions also went up, especially those with low values.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to Farfarer)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet Rocket Arty Div - not filling ToE - 2/6/2012 9:44:29 PM   
delatbabel

What I'm finding is that if I create one or two Rocket Arty Divs they almost never fill up. So 1st and 2nd guards are still at 10% TOE 4 months after creation. A few turns later I created some more (3rd - 8th) nearly all of which filled to close to 100% TOE within a couple of weeks. Then a few more, some of which filled up to 100% TOE quickly and some of which stayed down at 5% - 10% TOE for a couple of months then jumped up to 60%.

Helpless, this was in a game vs the AI. I'm about to replay it with the new patch. Do you want me to send a save as well when I get there? It may be a few weeks before I hit that point because I'll start again in June 41.

--
Del

(in reply to Farfarer)
Post #: 6
RE: Soviet Rocket Arty Div - not filling ToE - 2/6/2012 9:49:47 PM   
Helpless

Well, you can send it of cause. but usually there should be a reason for them not building up - lack of manpower/armaments, etc..

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 7
RE: Soviet Rocket Arty Div - not filling ToE - 2/6/2012 10:47:30 PM   
Q-Ball

I have observed that Soviet units are always slow to build Mortars and MGs, regardless of the availability of stuff in the pool. Not sure if that is related, but it takes a long time to get to 100% TOE on 82mm mortars or MGs.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Rocket Arty Div - not filling ToE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI