Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

some questions (basic)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> some questions (basic) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
some questions (basic) - 2/4/2012 11:54:16 PM   
franksmith

hi all,

New to this kind of simulator, I have two questions for now:

1.I am playing on lieutenant level however is there any way to extend the turns you have to end a mission?

2.in regular terrain does each side of the hex have the same value, meaning can you not attack an enemy from a flank or from the rear?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: some questions (basic) - 2/5/2012 12:27:26 AM   
terje439

1. Nope, the various difficulty levels determines how many points you recieve and the strength of the AI's units as well as how well the AI performs.

2. A unit defending does get a negative modifier for each unit next to it (if you move a unit next to an enemy and hover over it, it might predict 1:4 in losses, but if you move another unit next to it, it might say 1:5, add another and you might see 0:5), so the defendingg units does not have a specific way the are facing.

Terje

Yeay, back in the computer age!

(in reply to franksmith)
Post #: 2
RE: some questions (basic) - 2/5/2012 1:52:00 AM   
rosseau

I think you can mod the turn length or use the editor on it if you really want to.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3
RE: some questions (basic) - 4/12/2012 11:19:32 PM   
henri51

Unless you are very good, you may have to cheat, and there are cheats for everyting - increasing a tank's strength from 3 to 12 can work wonders...

Henri

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 4
RE: some questions (basic) - 5/27/2012 4:47:03 PM   
artofwar85

Regarding moving another friendly unit next to another enemy unit before initiating an attack meaning you will have at least two friendly units next to an enemy unit (well read page 29 of the manual) But it seems according to the manual the units that are next to the enemy unit MUST be able to ATTACK in order to contribute to this "mass attack" meaning they have not attacked yet during the turn.

Here it is verbatim from the manual page 29 (area underlined for emphasis)

MASS ATTACK
Mass attack happens when an enemy unit is surrounded by more than one of your units able
to attack it. Such a situation is favourable for launching attacks on an enemy unit because
it is stretched along a wider front, and so part of its strength cannot react to your attacks in
a timely manner. The game models this fact by giving defending unit an initiative penalty for
every enemy unit standing next to it.
In order to contribute to mass attack effect, your unit must be able to attack the enemy unit
and have unspent attack action.
Also, ranged units like artillery are not counted.

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> some questions (basic) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI