Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

can't see any planes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> can't see any planes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
can't see any planes - 2/4/2012 5:07:09 PM   
dennishe

When I play with beta patch06 - 1108r9 I can't see any planes.
Also in a BPEM Japanese torpedoes didn't work properly. I reinstalled WITPAE, upgraded and reinstalled 1108r9, but this doesn't help. Any thoughts?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: can't see any planes - 2/4/2012 8:03:40 PM   
witpqs

Once in a while I get a graphics problem (almost always during orders mode not the replay) and I just save the game, exit the program (all the way), and start it up again to fix the problem. I have never seen it be repeatable of constant, so if you are then that might be something different.

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 2
RE: can't see any planes - 2/4/2012 9:45:58 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Once in a while I get a graphics problem (almost always during orders mode not the replay) and I just save the game, exit the program (all the way), and start it up again to fix the problem. I have never seen it be repeatable of constant, so if you are then that might be something different.

When it happens to me I have to reboot to clean it up. It is some sort of OS effect apparently.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: can't see any planes - 2/5/2012 12:30:38 AM   
dennishe

So this is a general thing and my game is not corrupt. Good to know. Still testing whether the torpedo issue is also gone and then it is back to PBEM. Thanks!

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 4
RE: can't see any planes - 2/5/2012 12:38:30 AM   
Dan Nichols

What do you mean by the IJN torpedoes don't work properly?

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 5
RE: can't see any planes - 2/5/2012 1:48:25 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

When it happens to me I have to reboot to clean it up. It is some sort of OS effect apparently.

I have yet to run into that, hope I don't. BTW I am running Windows XP.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 6
RE: can't see any planes - 2/5/2012 2:06:41 AM   
michaelm

Loading of the basic graphics happens during the first few start up screens of the game.
As a rule, don't alt-tab or such until after the main menu shows, otherwise it could lose some of the graphics.

This seems related to allocating memory to store the graphics from the art files. Losing the game focus apparently breaks that process and the graphic isn't loaded or only partially loaded.
I had looked at this a long time ago when it use to happen a lot with my testing, but trying to track it down was taking too much time (plus was extremely hard to emulate in debug mode).

Michael

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 7
RE: can't see any planes - 2/5/2012 10:34:41 PM   
dennishe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

In one of my games the IJN missed on every single torpedo attack they carried out.
I reinstalled WITPAE and did several test but have no longer encountered it. I have no idea what was wrong there.

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 8
RE: can't see any planes - 2/5/2012 10:36:45 PM   
dennishe

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Loading of the basic graphics happens during the first few start up screens of the game.
As a rule, don't alt-tab or such until after the main menu shows, otherwise it could lose some of the graphics.

This seems related to allocating memory to store the graphics from the art files. Losing the game focus apparently breaks that process and the graphic isn't loaded or only partially loaded.
I had looked at this a long time ago when it use to happen a lot with my testing, but trying to track it down was taking too much time (plus was extremely hard to emulate in debug mode).

With my lack of patience I have probably hit the escape butting a dozen times before the ghaphics have loaded. Thanks. I won't do it again!

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 9
RE: can't see any planes - 2/6/2012 4:36:17 AM   
JeffK

quote:

ORIGINAL: dennishe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

In one of my games the IJN missed on every single torpedo attack they carried out.
I reinstalled WITPAE and did several test but have no longer encountered it. I have no idea what was wrong there.

Cheap imports from the USN!

If you could sell the bug you'd make many AFB very happy.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> can't see any planes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI