Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10] - 2/4/2012 7:50:28 AM   
dastuma

When I click "Show me first" in the Refrofit Advisor window, the only thing it does is moving the window to the upper left corner. Shouldn't it display a list of the ships to retrofit or something?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10] - 2/4/2012 9:38:24 AM   
onomastikon

What's more: this advisor confuses me, because it pops up and tells me that due to breakthroughs, we have access to new components -- HOWEVER, it does not actually add these components into new designs, not even for ships tagged "upgrade automatically". This advisor should actually be called a Design Upgrade Advisor, and remind us to first upgrade (manually....) the designs, and THEN to retrofit them. I think this is a bug, not a suboptimally functioning feature.

(in reply to dastuma)
Post #: 2
RE: Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10] - 2/4/2012 10:28:49 AM   
Theluin

Do you have ship design on auto? From what I gather upgrading in DW dictionary means "switching outdated components for new ones and not doing anything else".

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 3
RE: Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10] - 2/4/2012 3:33:35 PM   
onomastikon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Theluin

Do you have ship design on auto? From what I gather upgrading in DW dictionary means "switching outdated components for new ones and not doing anything else".

But if that is the case, then the Advisor popup is even more confusing, because "switching outdated components for new ones" is only applicable when a component in an already existing tree becomes newly named, without a red upwards pointing arrow, e.g. when you research "High Speed Turning" (for Multivector) after the previous 3 maneuvering techs (2 upgrades to "thrust vectors"). So far, that has not been the case even one time for the Retrofit Advisor popups I have been receiving. These were for new items, which were NOT added to the designs set on automatic upgrade.

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 4
RE: Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10] - 2/4/2012 4:04:35 PM   
ASHBERY76

You need to have ship design ticked to automated in the options menu screen.

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 5
RE: Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10] - 2/4/2012 6:17:25 PM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

You need to have ship design ticked to automated in the options menu screen.

Then if you do not have it ticked, the player shouldn't get this rather misleading/confusing message.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI