Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!Reinforcements on the Frontline!New shipping cost for European territories!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship upgrade?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Ship upgrade? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship upgrade? - 2/3/2012 7:12:41 PM   
v.Manstein

I don't understand why my ships in San Francisco don't upgrade!

It is 4/7/42, the submarine Grampus with 29 sys damage is on upgrade 4/42 and on "yes". I switched now to "player defined upgrades" to "no" in the preferences in the hope it will upgrade now.

My other 5 carriers are on route to SF. If the next 2 turns an upgrade won't happen with the submarine, I assume it won't happen with my other ships either and just not bother upgrading.
Any similar experiences out there?

Cheers.
Post #: 1
RE: Ship upgrade? - 2/4/2012 2:32:05 AM   
kmitahj

quote:

ORIGINAL: v.Manstein
It is 4/7/42, the submarine Grampus with 29 sys damage is on upgrade 4/42 and on "yes".

So far you only mentioned ONE ship () and the reason why it does not upgrade is rather clear. To upgrade ship must be in good condition. Sys damage of 29 is definitely too high. You need to wait till it get somewhat repaired. Can't tell you what is the max sys damage value at which upgrade is still possible - have no time to look for exact formula (which may depend on either ship class or durability). From memory I remember DDs which were upgraded instantly with sys damage of 10 or slightly more.

"player defined upgrades" setting has no relation to your problem. In short it determines degree of freedom you (and your opponent in case of PBEM) have when upgrading your airgroups from one aircraft model to another.

(in reply to v.Manstein)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship upgrade? - 2/4/2012 6:40:57 PM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: v.Manstein

It is 4/7/42, the submarine Grampus with 29 sys damage is on upgrade 4/42 and on "yes". I switched now to "player defined upgrades" to "no" in the preferences in the hope it will upgrade now.

My other 5 carriers are on route to SF. If the next 2 turns an upgrade won't happen with the submarine, I assume it won't happen with my other ships either and just not bother upgrading.
Any similar experiences out there?

Cheers.

I don't recall the exact number ... but it might be sys dmg <=5 required for upgrade ... or maybe it is <= 10 ... but agree with other poster that 29 is too high ... the yard has to clean up the damage mess before they start working on the upgade.

AE Project Lead

(in reply to v.Manstein)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship upgrade? - 2/7/2012 12:56:29 AM   
v.Manstein

Thanks. Now my ships update, after they cleared the damage.

Should be in the manual as I thought they did it in any harbour, not just one with repair. You guys helped clear it up. Cheers for that.

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Ship upgrade? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI