Questions on aircraft

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

vinnie71

Questions on aircraft

Post by vinnie71 »

I got some questions regarding some airframes etc..

In the writeup for the new beta patch, there is mention of FW 200 and ME 262 etc that I have never seen before. Are these new planes that have been added by the patch or were they already present?

Another question, this time regarding the Italians. I have seen that the patch has made the Italian airplane industrial development more streamlined and could potentially result in a marginally more efficient Italian airforce. But what exactly happens to this industry following the Italian collapse? Will the planes continue being produced? If yes, do these get exported to German allies (or Germany itself as in real life)? If I remember well. Italian planes were exported to the Croatians (who unfortunately do not feature in game) after the armistace and some Luftwaffe Gruppen were equipped also with such aircraft...
Denniss

RE: Questions on aircraft

Post by Denniss »

Fw 200 was already present as aircraft model. I have seen no production yet and it may not be used in-game at all unless there's a special unit somewhere (for Stalingrad supply maybe).
Me 262 should be available and producable in 1944 if my memory serves right.
Upon Italian surrender all production there stops.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”