I've installed the beta patch and am pleased to see some nice fixes that seem to work so far -- thank you!
I'm not so sure how well some of the ship AI is working, but maybe that is because I am using 1.7.10 on a 1.7.7 game?
In any case, I do not understand these things, perhaps I am missing something, can you help me please? Thank you!
1. Design 1: I do not understand how to use the new 4 sections of ships (private / state, base / ship) to my advantage, aside from having the ship lists shorter now (because split into 4)
2. Design 2: My designs set to "automatically upgrade" (the private ones) do NOT seem to upgrade. They've never changed. No no engines, for instance, and nothing else new that I can see. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.
3. Design 3: When I hit upgrade manually, most designs don't seem to do so: e.g., the AI does not add new components, such as targetting computers or damage control. What am I doing wrong?
4. I didn't use the game setup: colonization distance slider, but I'm not sure what that is supposed to help me with. Isn't colonizing as far as you can to gain territory like ... good?
5. ditto with territory slider. What is this supposed to do?
thanks very much