It seems to me that now:
- thanks to relatively safe winter/spring of '42 SU can get back to the trench warfare in '42 (I'm pretty sure I can do it with some effort & engineering armies)
- Reduced armies capability is going to hurt in the long turn, but not as much as people are fearing; I have no problem with it
- vehicles are going to hurt much more than the armies reduction; even 10k reduction in vehicles in '43 for SU is hurting; fair enough
- impact of making shock/guards armies a window dressing only (as +1 admin is really not that important imho) will affect the game; maybe it is a good idea
- it seems to me that now chances for major victory for German are nil again; chances for draw are probably same or higher
- impact of weather on reinforcements (especially in blizzard) will hurt Germany a lot. This change will lead to a much more difficult blizzard defense, especially for those who like to fight in blizzard (which was pretty much achievable, not sure anymore); it is the only change I like a lot (as it removes inconsistencies), but I think it may backfire badly
What I would change?
- my choice would be to further nerf odds on attack (3:1 not 2:1)
- I would also nerf terrain/fort modifiers, instead of multiplication by 1,2,3 etc, I would make the first 2 fort increases at most 0.5, so the forts lvl 1 in clear terrain would give 1.5 CV in total (50% more than no fort), level 2 2.0 cv (100% more than no fort), level 3 would give 200%, so equal to the lvl2 fort at the moment. lvl 4 & 5 may stay without changes, as they are horribly difficult/impossible to build. Terrain probably should follow the same increases (so light forest will give 50% more defensive CV, not 100% more).
- I would give slightly more armaments to Germany, but not more manpower; I would remove the heavy industry from the game; alternatively I would increase the number of ARM industry for SU, but make some of it (20-30%) unmovable and usable for Germany in captured cities
- I would reduce the maximum Movements Points for all mechanized units, depending on their TOE (i.e. the unit after HQ build up can only has eg. 50x%TOE max movements points, no lower than 18)
- I would work to make the numbers on the counters much closer to reality, so it will be more visible whether this 3:1 odds are achievable or not. I believe the numbers should include leadership modifiers, otherwise the game is too much of guess work to my taste;
- Also, I would consider changing the way the artillery works - its effects should be dependable on terrain & trenches - rough/mountain terrain artillery role should be much diminished for the attacker and somewhat for the defender; also, the effects of artillery should be quite a bit lower for the defending side which is entrenched, and almost nil at level 3 or more, but no reduction in efficiency for defender (unless in rough/mountain terrain).
- also, I would allow Germany building infantry divisions, but not support units. Cost of infantry division should be around 100 AP, twice as much for SS units. Not sure whether to allow building tank divisions, but with the new rules about movement points, it should be perfectly fine to do it. Some support units cannot be allowed as some German support units are a bit overpowered (they have CV of 40-50 in the battle screen, which corresponds to cv of 5 on the map display, which is too much to allow them being build without limits; some artillery SU etc should be fine).
I would leave rules for March unchanged, so no attack nerf in good weather/ random weather if the SU national morale is up to 45; Actually, the way the National Morale works is far from desired; anyway, if it is reduced to 45 only and March attacks are nerfed, I would change the rule about resting - in resting the morale may quickly raise only to the higher of 50 or national morale.
< Message edited by Toidi -- 2/4/2012 1:31:28 AM >