Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/2/2012 8:54:32 PM   
sanderz

The blurb says "Don to the Danube also takes full advantage of the hefty number of new features and rule changes that come with the massive 1.06.00 update and incorporates a full new Editor manual as well."

Will we still be able to get 1.06 even if we don't buy the expansion?
Post #: 1
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/2/2012 10:15:04 PM   
Tarhunnas

Yeah, I was wondering exactly the same thing.

Read my AAR:s ye mighty, and despair!
41Ger
41Sov
41Ger
42Ger
42Sov

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 2
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/3/2012 12:20:59 AM   
Joel Billings

You don't need to buy Don to the Danube in order to get the 1.06 release. The next public beta, which should come out tomorrow (famous last words), will have the game changes that will be in the 1.06 (although it will still be numbered 1.05 during beta). By later this month we will add the Editor Manual and when we make it official it will be 1.06. John even did a small scenario, Demjansk, as a tutorial for the Editor, and that will be in the public beta and the 1.06. I'll have more to say about the game changes in the public beta when the beta is posted.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 3
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/3/2012 4:09:25 AM   
Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

You don't need to buy Don to the Danube in order to get the 1.06 release. The next public beta, which should come out tomorrow (famous last words), will have the game changes that will be in the 1.06 (although it will still be numbered 1.05 during beta). By later this month we will add the Editor Manual and when we make it official it will be 1.06. John even did a small scenario, Demjansk, as a tutorial for the Editor, and that will be in the public beta and the 1.06. I'll have more to say about the game changes in the public beta when the beta is posted.

To funny.

I will just keep my mouth shut. Which is not easy for me heheh

I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing.

Pelton

GHC WitE 24 - 4 - 8
GHC WitW 0 - 0 - 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/3/2012 6:52:58 AM   
sanderz

so just to be clear - this expansion is just extra scenarios (which is fine) there is nothing "gameplay" or "map" related that  affects the original game that won't be included in a patch for the original game

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 5
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/3/2012 7:26:07 AM   
Joel Billings

You are correct, just scenarios. We did some additional AI work to make sure the AI was up to the challenge of playing smaller map scenarios, and in the process we think Gary improved the AI in general. We also learned a lot about later war battles via our work on the scenario disk and this helped us determine some other changes we wanted to make. But the bottom line is that you'll get those improvements when you update the main game, no matter whether you buy the Don to the Danube or not. Obviously we'd like people to buy DthD and if they do we think they'll enjoy some very unique and interesting scenarios, but everyone wins here (unless you didn't want any more changes in WitE and wanted us to focus 100% on WitW).

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 6
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/3/2012 7:46:02 AM   
sanderz

thanks for the info

just wanted to be clear on what was on offer before considering buying

cheers

sanderz

Post #: 7
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/3/2012 8:45:57 AM   
Tarhunnas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

You are correct, just scenarios. We did some additional AI work to make sure the AI was up to the challenge of playing smaller map scenarios, and in the process we think Gary improved the AI in general. We also learned a lot about later war battles via our work on the scenario disk and this helped us determine some other changes we wanted to make. But the bottom line is that you'll get those improvements when you update the main game, no matter whether you buy the Don to the Danube or not. Obviously we'd like people to buy DthD and if they do we think they'll enjoy some very unique and interesting scenarios, but everyone wins here (unless you didn't want any more changes in WitE and wanted us to focus 100% on WitW).

Thanks for the info! And thanks for your outstanding work in improving the game. More than one year after launch and you are still coming out with improvements all the time, and for free. That is fantastic dedication! Thanks!

Read my AAR:s ye mighty, and despair!
41Ger
41Sov
41Ger
42Ger
42Sov

Post #: 8
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/3/2012 11:52:14 AM   
Pelton

Yes I will buy it, only in hopes that The War in Europe will at some pt get done so I can build what I want as German player hehehe

WitE is the best Eastern Front game to date. It could be better and I am sure it will get better with time as it has.

Pelton

GHC WitE 24 - 4 - 8
GHC WitW 0 - 0 - 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 9
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/3/2012 12:33:32 PM   
Speedy

2 million Maus here you come Pelton

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 10
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/3/2012 12:38:26 PM   
cavalry

Thanks for this massive upgrade effort!!

(in reply to Speedy)
Post #: 11
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/3/2012 12:39:46 PM   
Speedy

No problem....oh.....you were thanking Gary, Pavel and Joel etc and not me....ok

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 12
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/4/2012 12:59:42 PM   
demjansk

what about if your playing a pbem game now, is it lost when you upgrade?

(in reply to Speedy)
Post #: 13
RE: War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? - 2/4/2012 1:07:37 PM   
Apollo11

Hi al,

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

what about if your playing a pbem game now, is it lost when you upgrade?

Of course not!

You get all enhancements but data changes only apply to newly started games...

BTW, in AAR section there is game by "Tarhunnas" thats started in WitE v1.04.x and it is still going on with all recent patches!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> War in the East: Don to the Danube - 1.06 upgrade? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI