Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DEMO Cannot see air launch command window on laptop screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> DEMO Cannot see air launch command window on laptop screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DEMO Cannot see air launch command window on laptop screen - 2/2/2012 3:55:46 AM   
tslex

OK, help.

Played Harpoon years ago and loved it. (As in early 90s on a Mac Centris.) Saw that HCE demo was out and downloaded it. Using my laptop (very strong Lenovo ThinkPad) docked to my screen at my office, no problem. Go to launch an air patrol or attack, and i get the little dialog box asking me which A/C to launch, allowing me to set courses, select targets and patrol routes, etc.

But when playing at home on just the laptop -- NO JOY. I cannot see/find/raise that box.

For example, I hit select an airbase, hit the LAUNCH button, it asks me PATROL ATTACK FERRY, but then when I select the mission type, no box to select the A/C to launch, or the targets to attack or the route to patrol.

Laptop screen is a wider ratio than the screen at my office, so I suppose that's the issue. But I cannot FIND the window to move it; and WINDOW drop down offers no help.

Would really like to get back into this and -- if it's as fun as it used to be -- buy the new release. But -- for now -- NO JOY.

Suggestions.
Post #: 1
RE: DEMO Cannot see air launch command window on laptop... - 2/2/2012 11:40:30 AM   
CV32

Shut down the game.

Download and run Tool to clear registry settings, which will reset window sizes.

When you start the game again, the pop up windows and dialogs should be ok.

You will have to re-arrange the game windows again to your personal tastes, though.

Let us know if this works for you.

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to tslex)
Post #: 2
RE: DEMO Cannot see air launch command window on laptop... - 2/2/2012 3:59:46 PM   
tslex

Nifty.

Seems to have worked -- but I'm at office on that monitor, so we'll see at home tonight on the laptop's native screen.

Is this a tool I need to run each time before the game is opened, or should I expect this to be a one time fix?

Thank you for the VERY prompt and helpful reply.

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 3
RE: DEMO Cannot see air launch command window on laptop... - 2/2/2012 5:08:06 PM   
CV32

Happy to hear it worked, and yeah, should be a one time fix.

Glad to help, and hoping you will enjoy HCE!

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to tslex)
Post #: 4
RE: DEMO Cannot see air launch command window on laptop... - 2/3/2012 3:08:07 PM   
TonyE

In general it is a one-time fix, in actuality you'll end up running it when:
1. You change the windows font size (i.e. Normal, Large, Extra Large)
2. You significantly change your screen resolution and can no longer see dialogs (i.e. the dialog is trying to show on a second monitor that you no longer have).

Yet another in a long list of todo items, adjusting to those changes automagically.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> DEMO Cannot see air launch command window on laptop screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI