The German: A Short Film

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

bcgames

The German: A Short Film

Post by bcgames »

Here's a short film depicting the air war during the Battle of Britain. Enjoy it here:

http://player.vimeo.com/video/31202906?autoplay=1
otisabuser2

RE: The German: A Short Film

Post by otisabuser2 »

Nice film [:)]

Won't spoil the ending for those yet to watch.......but had to check again to catch that part of it was over the sea.......but that was some journey for a 109E ! ! !
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Good point. That is a stretch. Maybe if he started out with a drop tank on a kamikaze mission...

It is a clever film short though. Chock it up to artistic license.
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: bcgames

Here's a short film depicting the air war during the Battle of Britain. Enjoy it here:

http://player.vimeo.com/video/31202906?autoplay=1

Thanks - so it finally got released - I know of this or years! [:)]

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

"The German" - 10 minute CGI short movie about BoB...

Forum: CG News
Posted By: nickryan
Post Time: 07-31-2009 at 05:49 PM
Text:

I recently completed my second short film 'The German', starring Toby Kebbell (Control, RocknRolla and the up-coming Prince of Persia) and Christian Brassington (Elisabeth: The Golden Age and Easy Virtues). I wrote and directed the film.

www.thegermanmovie.com

The blurb!

November 1940, during the greatest conflict man has ever known, an epic duel unfolds between two ace pilots, each willing to take the match to it’s ultimate conclusion. Unknown to the pilots is a fate neither has considered.

The German is a war story seen through the eyes of RAF officer A C Barton (Kebbell) who will take his fight to the very end. The singleminded desire for revenge drives Barton, but when it comes face to face, can he pull the trigger?

Shot on 35mm (anamorphic), and posted at 2K, the opening of the film is an aerial battle between a British Spitfire and a German Me 109, all of which I completed here at Image Now Films over a six month period. This is a combination of Live action/stills and fully CGI shots.

I have made up a website for the film, which has a trailer and effects breakdowns and a small behind the scenes clip. I have also written a little about the process involved.

Pretty much like the my last short film, A Lonely Sky, the film was made on a relatively small budget (70K euro). It was funded by the Irish Film Board, under a short film scheme they run.

While that sounds a lot, when broken down under the regulations for filming, it all disappears very quickly. The Effects budget was a big fat zero, so a lot of long hours again.

Unfortunately I can't put the film on the web yet, because of film festivals. It was selected for Palm Springs, and LA Shorts as well as the San Paulo film festival.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Nick

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

WOW! Thanks Leo! I love the "behind the scenes" of film making. Good stuff.
Cerion

Post by Cerion »

Fantastic film. Thanks

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”