Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SS & Elite Unit Mod, and Equipment Editor.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> SS & Elite Unit Mod, and Equipment Editor. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SS & Elite Unit Mod, and Equipment Editor. - 2/1/2012 9:00:04 PM   
4key

Hey folks. I've been having fun with the SS Unit and Historical flag/picture Mods, but I couldn't get the GME to work, so I made a copy of the entire game file and then replaced the files concerned. It wasn't until I downloaded nikivdd's GTPG campaign that I finally figured out that the "My Documents" folder is where everything is supposed to go.

Anyway, I plan on purchasing the first two DLCs today, '39 and '40, and would like to have the SS & Elite units, but can't seem to find a mod that incorporates both without running the GTPG campaign. My main question here regards this.

Also, the equipment editor..I can't seem to get it to work. I can get it to add units within the file loaded in the editor, and even save changes to existing units when I reopen the file inside the editor, but when I play the game they're nowhere to be found. Units like the Storch are pretty cool, and I'd like to be able to do similar things. Can anyone help me with this, and the SS & Elite mod? The Editor I'm using is 0.7.1

Thanks, I appreciate your guys' work, it helps make the game more enjoyable.
Post #: 1
RE: SS & Elite Unit Mod, and Equipment Editor. - 2/1/2012 10:03:27 PM   
nikivdd

Check out the stickies in the Slitherine Forum, there your prayers might be heard.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27036

And also please post your message in the slitherine forum, it's a much more active community there.

GTPG v1.06/Italian Africa Korps/Roma Victor!/ Project X "Spitze"

(in reply to 4key)
Post #: 2
RE: SS & Elite Unit Mod, and Equipment Editor. - 2/1/2012 10:03:51 PM   
VPaulus

First in the case of GME, you don't use the My Documents\MyGames\Panzer Corps\Mods folder unless stated.

I think you can play SS MOD with the DLC's, as long you use GME.
To correctly install GME take a look at this tutorial:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25079

Your issue with Mike Garnett's Equipment editor, is that probably you forget to press the icon commit after changing or adding a new unit. If you don't press commit with each new unit it won't be save. After you've done all the editing you pretended, you've to press Save and save the file. Also in the case of adding new units with new icons in the equipment file, you need to add an entry correspondent to the icon image in the efx file in the Graphics folder. In there you'll have to attribute an animation and a sound to the movement and to the attack.

Take a look at these guides:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25895
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=291176

Lastly the author of the SS mod, unfortunately cannot login in this forum (technical reasons).
So if you've any doubt you can register in the Slitherine forum and ask there anything related with his mod.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31407

(in reply to 4key)
Post #: 3
RE: SS & Elite Unit Mod, and Equipment Editor. - 2/4/2012 10:37:45 AM   
4key

Are there any security settings that might prevent the eqp and efx files from being altered? When I commit unit, it seems to save, but only within the Equipment editor, and when I 'save' over the original file it does nothing to effect the units in the game. I've saved as 'equipment.pzeqp2' to see if it even saves and it shows up in the open file selection within the editor, but in the regular folder windows it doesn't exist. When I open 'equipment.pzeqp' in notepad the changes don't exist. I also cannot save in Notepad. I can't take the folder off "Read Only" no matter how many different ways I try. "Unblock" won't stick. Altering permissions won't stick either. This is my computer.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: SS & Elite Unit Mod, and Equipment Editor. - 2/4/2012 12:23:04 PM   
4key

I "took ownership" of the files and all seems to work now regarding the Equipment Editor.

(in reply to 4key)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> SS & Elite Unit Mod, and Equipment Editor. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI