Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Blue Screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Blue Screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blue Screen - 2/1/2012 2:14:22 PM   
emeyerth

I get a blue screen within minutes of starting a game of Battles for the Bulge. It states BAD_POOL_HEADER - 0x00000019) and happens every time at the same point of the scenario (The Battle of the Roadblocks, I have not tried any other scenarios).

An examination by the event viewer gives the following: .NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Tried to start a service that wasn't the latest version of CLR Optimization service. Will shutdown

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program - still get same error. I have done a search of the error and tried some of the fixes - get same error. I am running XP. I have not installed any new hardware or, except for BFTB, any new software.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Ed
Post #: 1
RE: Blue Screen - 2/1/2012 10:54:46 PM   
Arjuna

Interesting...Can you please try and run the tutorial and see if that works.

Please provide a DX Diag report - see here for instructions: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3026705

How much RAM have you in your machine and what other apps are running when you tr to play BFTB.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to emeyerth)
Post #: 2
RE: Blue Screen - 2/2/2012 1:32:36 AM   
AndrewKurtz

Have you verified that you have the latest drivers and firmware for your system

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: Blue Screen - 2/2/2012 3:50:37 AM   
wodin

Have you done a restore?

I'd try that restore to before you installed BFTB first time. The try again.

Every Blue screen I've had that happens consistently I've always had to reinstall my OS. Though it's a great kick up the backside to do it anyway. I try and do a total format and OS install once every couple of years...anyone see a PC running by someone who isn't PC savvy after a few years...it usually chugs along. Many times I've gone around to someone house. Backup what they wanted. Did a format and OS reinstall. Installed what they want back on, you should see their faces when there machine runs aswell as it did pretty much when they bought it!

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to AndrewKurtz)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Blue Screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI