Mod with more info in tooltips

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

robc04_1

Mod with more info in tooltips

Post by robc04_1 »

Another player requested I share these files, so I am adding them here. This mod adds more data to the tooltip when initiating an attack. You can also get more data on the unit under the mouse by holding ctrl. For some info background on this mod please see: tooltip mod article

These files reside in the Slitherine\Battle Academy\Battle Academy\Data\Battle\Scripts folder.

Warning: I think if you put my modded files in the above folder, multiplayer won't work for you. This isn't an issue for me because I haven't played multiplayer.

I think you have 2 choices for using the tooltip mod:
1) Backup the Slitherine\Battle Academy\Battle Academy\Data\Battle\Scripts folder and put the modded files there knowing it may break the multiplayer functionality.
2) Make a copy of the scenario or campaign and put the scripts in that folder. The tooltips will only work for that scenario or campaign. I haven't tried this method myself.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Remember to back up your scripts folder if you choose to put the modded files there.
Attachments
ToolTipchanges.zip
(8.34 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
mllange

RE: Mod with more info in tooltips

Post by mllange »

Very nice - thanks!
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
robc04_1

RE: Mod with more info in tooltips

Post by robc04_1 »

In my OP I made a typo in one spot. In one place I made it sound like my mod wouldn't interfere with multiplayer and in one place I made it sound like it would. I do believe that if you put my modded script files in the official location it would cause a compatibility issue with multiplayer. So if you play multiplayer be aware of that please.
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”