Matrix Games Forums

New screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!Space Program Manager will be launching on Steam
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

making and saving oobs?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> making and saving oobs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
making and saving oobs? - 1/31/2012 2:05:14 PM   
Javolenus

Is it possible to make units and orders of battle in the editor, which you can then import into scenarios? If so, how do you do it?
Post #: 1
RE: making and saving oobs? - 2/28/2012 10:13:51 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

Don't think so, but I wish it was possible.

(in reply to Javolenus)
Post #: 2
RE: making and saving oobs? - 2/28/2012 10:25:01 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Javolenus

Is it possible to make units and orders of battle in the editor, which you can then import into scenarios? If so, how do you do it?

Really depends on what you mean.

If you mean, pick up a scenario, and then use your own custom templated units for the game, then the answer is no.

If however you are willing to do some editing you can change for instance the starting garrisons in random games, and so on. You would have to make the changes in each and every file you wanted to play in though. You can actually import predefined units, from another file, if you wanted to.

But the way you put the question does make me wonder if I have understood it correctly.

(in reply to Javolenus)
Post #: 3
RE: making and saving oobs? - 3/4/2012 3:57:01 PM   
Veni

Javolenus, the 'units' part of your question should be possible, but would require spending some quality time with the editor. You would have to create your own mod/scenario, wherein you:

1. Define your custom units
2. Create Action Cards which would field these units once played
3. Code the events which deal and execute these action cards

In my mind, having the PPs of the Action Cards set to the equivalent production cost of the unit would really be no different than producing them from scratch. Also, you might want to create events to subtract appropriate raw materials when the Action Cards are played. The only issue I can think of off-hand is finding a way in the editor to designate the (X,Y) of unit placement if you're designing a mod.

I really dig creating units from scratch, though. It's one of the many things I love about this game: I have unit templates in my head which I have to plan production for. However, I do think it'd be kick-a$$ scenario/mod to tweak the editor to have cities only produce PP & supply, and have to use this method to field your forces ...

Re the 'Order of Battle' part of your question: OOBs are never pre-defined, but is an in-game function to summarize your units and hierarchy of command; it changes as the game progresses. If you were creating a scenario, you could of course create/re-assign units as you see fit, but I'm pretty sure that's not what you're asking.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

(in reply to Javolenus)
Post #: 4
RE: making and saving oobs? - 8/26/2012 9:49:11 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

Do you think cross-pollination from the Decisive Campaigns series would make this an option in future?

(in reply to Veni)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> making and saving oobs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI