Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Modding halftracks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Modding halftracks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modding halftracks - 1/30/2012 6:50:49 PM   
heckler

I'm trying to make halftracks replicate mounted squads (understanding fully that troops rarely fought mounted, but I want them to be more than just a mobile mg) and I've had mixed results...

I got the bazooka and a grenade launcher to work just fine.

I added 2 carbines (and the guys to fire them), but they do not get manned. The two crew act as assistants for the mg's (and bazooka perhaps). Sometimes the driver shows up as using the carbine-and in one test actually fired it. Any thoughts?

Any ideas on having the survivors of a wrecking being more useable? Coding them as infantry didn't seem to help their responsiveness, though it didn't adversely effect the vehicle performance...would it be dependant on getting the leader out alive?

Any and all ideas welcome!
Post #: 1
RE: Modding halftracks - 2/29/2012 11:04:20 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: heckler

Any ideas on having the survivors of a wrecking being more useable? Coding them as infantry didn't seem to help their responsiveness, though it didn't adversely effect the vehicle performance...would it be dependant on getting the leader out alive?

When you say "wrecking" do you mean the vehicle being knocked out? Assuming that you are, I believe the solution to this one is to classify the vehicle as "command". Then the bailed out crew remain responsive to command after escaping from the blazing wreckage.

quote:

ORIGINAL: heckler

I'm trying to make halftracks replicate mounted squads (understanding fully that troops rarely fought mounted, but I want them to be more than just a mobile mg) and I've had mixed results...

I got the bazooka and a grenade launcher to work just fine.

I added 2 carbines (and the guys to fire them), but they do not get manned. The two crew act as assistants for the mg's (and bazooka perhaps). Sometimes the driver shows up as using the carbine-and in one test actually fired it. Any thoughts?

This time I'm guessing. Have you tried increasing the extra crew members above two? If the vanilla vehicle has an inherent need for assistants then saturating this need might result in further additions acting as you intend.

Failing that there is always CCMT which handles vehicles and their crews quite differently.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to heckler)
Post #: 2
RE: Modding halftracks - 3/13/2012 10:31:49 AM   
heckler

'Command' classification did the trick! Thank you so much for the solution!! Hope to have time to work the other ideas yet this week...

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Modding halftracks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI