Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1st Mountain Division CV 20+

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 1st Mountain Division CV 20+ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1st Mountain Division CV 20+ - 1/29/2012 8:59:14 PM   
smokindave34

I'm in the second turn of blizzard in my PBEM game and had the 1st mountain division behind my main lines for four turns on refit. When I went to move it to blunt the main Soviet advance I noticed the CV was 24! That's higher than a lot of Guards rifle corps I've seen. Is this normal? I don't remember seeing this in previous games/versions..

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 1st Mountain Division CV 20+ - 1/29/2012 9:04:18 PM   
Flaviusx

Completely normal. All Axis mountain units and the Finns receive the same blizzard bonus that the Soviets do. A well rested, full strength German mountain division with attachments is a beast in the first winter. This was presumably a 12 point unit before the blizzard and got doubled.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to smokindave34)
Post #: 2
RE: 1st Mountain Division CV 20+ - 1/29/2012 9:58:28 PM   
smokindave34

Thanks Flaviusx. I'll have to load this guy up with support units - he should really put the brakes on the Soviet offensive in his area. I guess I just didn't notice this in the past although I probably never had my mountain units on refit like this prior to the blizzard.

Thanks again.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 3
RE: 1st Mountain Division CV 20+ - 1/30/2012 12:34:24 PM   
juret

give him flame tank and 2 stug bats :)

(in reply to smokindave34)
Post #: 4
RE: 1st Mountain Division CV 20+ - 1/30/2012 3:28:47 PM   
2ndACR

Mountain Divs are total monsters in Blizzard. I wish I had a bunch more of them.

(in reply to juret)
Post #: 5
RE: 1st Mountain Division CV 20+ - 1/30/2012 3:55:24 PM   
Q-Ball

The smart thing to do on all Axis Mountain units is to pull them off the line before Blizzard, and allow them to REFIT up to 100% TOE.

For the Hungarian and Romanian brigades, the smart thing to do is to let them sit behind the lines all summer, building morale and experience. They aren't worth much in summer anyway, so you won't miss them. I don't use them at all, after the initial clean-up of the Lvov pocket. If you let them get into the 50s in Morale/Experience, they are OK for defensive purposes.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 6
RE: 1st Mountain Division CV 20+ - 1/30/2012 6:08:48 PM   
2ndACR

I do that too now a days. I tried feeding them lots of easy victories with German divs to try and get it up quicker, but they seem to drop in morale even with the wins. Sitting them seems the better way.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 7
RE: 1st Mountain Division CV 20+ - 1/30/2012 8:59:45 PM   
abulbulian

Yeah, I do the same for my mnt units. Most Flame Panzer su are already gone (mass exodus on T25), so I do few Stug and Pio. I also have started to moved my axis allies out of any blizzard effect zones, thus to preserve their morale for the summer 42 offensive.

- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha Tester WitW

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 8
RE: 1st Mountain Division CV 20+ - 1/30/2012 10:30:06 PM   
smokindave34

Seems like I stumbled onto this one - I had him on refit for 4 turns digging in advance of the Russian blizzard offensive. Thanks for the advice on the Rumanian and Hungarian mountain divisions, I'll do that in the future also.

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 1st Mountain Division CV 20+ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI