Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stop Panzerfaust 30 firing at infantry

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Mods and Scenarios >> Stop Panzerfaust 30 firing at infantry Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stop Panzerfaust 30 firing at infantry - 1/28/2012 12:55:31 PM   
Hargrem

I'm currently playing TLD and have noticed that the Germans have a habit of firing their panzerfausts at infantry targets in a firefight, which means they don't have them to use against armour (a neat trick to get them to waste this valuable weapon???).

I have checked the settings in the Weapons.txt table:
- under Primary Target, the setting is 1 = Vehicle
- under Valid Targets, the setting is 2 = Vehicles

So, I don't understand why they do this...

Is there a way of stopping them?

Also, does anyone have any general info on how they were actually allocated to troops & in what numbers, etc? I have always understood that, particularly on the Eastern front, they were handed out like confetti, especially later in the war when German armour was greatly reduced, but the allocations seem pretty stingy in TLD...

Thanks

Matthew
Post #: 1
RE: Stop Panzerfaust 30 firing at infantry - 1/28/2012 3:48:37 PM   
tigercub

change it your self...during the later war german inf did this so...thats why its this way....its not hard to change.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Hargrem)
Post #: 2
RE: Stop Panzerfaust 30 firing at infantry - 1/28/2012 6:39:19 PM   
Steve McClaire

There is a mechanism to keep infantry from firing AT weapons at enemy infantry to a fairly narrow range of circumstances. Typically the firing side won't decide to do this unless they think have an advantage in armor already (i.e. they're less likely to need them vs. enemy armor) and the target infantry is in heavy cover (like a stone building).

The target type settings effect how a given weapon / ammo is rated in terms of utility versus a given target. So setting the vehicle target type for panzerfausts makes it less likely for them to be used against non-vehicle targets.

You could also eliminate the blast size, blast radius, and blast ratings. With these gone the effectiveness vs. troops would be minimal and it would be even less likely a soldier would decide to fire it at enemy infantry.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 3
RE: Stop Panzerfaust 30 firing at infantry - 1/29/2012 4:01:27 PM   
Hargrem

Thanks Steve.
I'll try those settings and post some feedback in due course.
Matthew

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 4
RE: Stop Panzerfaust 30 firing at infantry - 1/30/2012 7:04:49 PM   
heckler

I'm currently the Allied player in a H2H campaign...I love the 'oh, its ON now' feeling when a german squad pops off the pf! No sense holding on to it when the 82nd is coming over the hedgerow...

(in reply to Hargrem)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Mods and Scenarios >> Stop Panzerfaust 30 firing at infantry Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI