Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/24/2012 9:28:30 PM   
SeanD

A quick update to polish this operational hit before the release of its first expansion!

Matrix Games, Slitherine, and Panther Games are pleased to release the comprehensive 4.3.249 update for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge.

The update comes only a few days before the release of the highly anticipated first expansion to the series, Command Ops: Highway to the Reich. The update includes several fixes and improvements like improved supply and some historical tweaks for scenarios.

About Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge

Acclaimed developer Panther Games brings us to the bitter cold of Western Europe during the Winter of 1944 with Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge. Although the Battle of the Bulge is ground that has been visited by wargamers before, it has never been done with this level of fidelity and historical accuracy. The most advanced and realistic model of command decision-making implemented to date in a commercial wargame, combined with thorough historical research on the battlefields and forces involved in this campaign sets Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge apart from the competition.

Set during the hard fighting of the Battle of the Bulge, Command Ops lets gamers assess, plan, order and react at the operational level just like a real Corps, Division and Brigade commander. Hundreds of hours of gameplay await armchair generals who will be challenged to fight their way across 27 scenarios that stretch from the initial German surprise offensive to the powerful Allied counter-attack.

Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge also sports some of the most advanced and impressive AI ever devised in an operational-level wargame! It is your choice whether to manage every detail of your army, or have the friendly AI manage the war on a lower level while you plan the larger scale maneuvers designed to make short work of your enemy. Just as a historical commander, you can choose where you need to step in and when you need to stand back and let your subordinates do their jobs.

Get the update here. The update is comprehensive and will bring all versions of Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge to 4.3.249. Get more information on Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge from its official product page.

< Message edited by SeanD -- 1/24/2012 9:29:05 PM >

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/24/2012 10:51:42 PM   
gabeeg

..downloading now, thanks!

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/24/2012 11:13:03 PM   
GBS

Slowest download I have ever experienced from Matrix....27kb/s...

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 3
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/24/2012 11:15:12 PM   
Happy Hedonist

Me too, I'm maxing out at 50KB/s.  I normally wouldn't even mention this kind of thing but I've had terrible luck downloading stuff from Matrix recently.  It's getting frustrating.  

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 4
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 12:50:06 AM   
GBS

Well hell... I came back to check download progress and it had time out....I'll try again...good job M....I'll get it eventually.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 5
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 1:26:17 AM   
wodin

I'm getting 19kbs...yawn.

I'm off to bed..will leave it running.

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/25/2012 1:33:03 AM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 6
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 1:28:50 AM   
oldspec4

Well, just tried to download a second time...40 kb/sec!! Very frustrating. I'll try again in the morning.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 7
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 2:18:17 AM   
GBS

Timed out again. M..... is so lame. How will we download HTTRwhen we can not even download the patch. Screw it...Im going to bed. Maybe tomorrow.

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 8
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 2:50:34 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

The store is on a completely separate network that has much more bandwidth than the update server, which is definitely busy today. We are planning to review the download performance for updates tomorrow and add more bandwidth as necessary, but please be aware that update download speed has nothing to do with store download speed.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 9
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 3:08:50 AM   
AndrewKurtz

Got to 99% twice and failed on me both times.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 10
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 3:22:24 AM   
JiminyJickers

Incredibly slow downloading at the moment that's for sure.

Erik, the store download is very slow as well. I bought a couple of games off you guys recently and a 20 to 30 minute download on other servers took approximately 3 hours on the Matrix Store. At least the download didn't fail but it is pretty frustrating having to wait that long. I recognise that it costs money to have more bandwith but the slow download times can sometimes be really off putting.

Hopefully it is something that can be sorted in the not to distant future.

(in reply to AndrewKurtz)
Post #: 11
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 4:07:25 AM   
Major SNAFU

I began the install and then went to a hockey game.  Came back and it was done.  Installing now.

Woot!

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." - T. Bartlet Rile, Prof. Irish History in Frank Delany's "Ireland: A Novel."

(in reply to JiminyJickers)
Post #: 12
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 5:23:06 AM   
BASB

quote:

ORIGINAL: JiminyJickers

Incredibly slow downloading at the moment that's for sure.

Erik, the store download is very slow as well. I bought a couple of games off you guys recently and a 20 to 30 minute download on other servers took approximately 3 hours on the Matrix Store. At least the download didn't fail but it is pretty frustrating having to wait that long. I recognise that it costs money to have more bandwith but the slow download times can sometimes be really off putting.

Hopefully it is something that can be sorted in the not to distant future.

I got to agree with this very slow compared to other game sights. I prefer to buy from the matrix store for various reason primarily for the re download benefit, however last couple of purchases have been via Slitherine's store simply because it is much faster

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to JiminyJickers)
Post #: 13
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 7:50:36 AM   
wodin

Woke up this morning and it was all done..great.

(in reply to BASB)
Post #: 14
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 10:44:37 AM   
oldspec4

I finally got it downloaded last night before going to bed. Thought I'd try again this morning to see if any download speed difference.

Download started at about 1.6 MB/sec and gradually levelled off to about 525 KB/sec. Not too bad and definitely better than last night.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 15
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 6:46:06 PM   
nate25

All,

Not sure where to post this... Forgive me if I'm wrong.

1.) FJ take WAY too long to reorganize after landing (31 min. avg. in 3 tries). Even having to collect their Hvy Wpns and Ammo from separate cannisters, they should be on their way to initial objectives far sooner. No German operation would have ever succeeded if this was the case. I began noticing this in COTA, and it seems worse in BFTB/Brand new patch.

2.) If a bridge is secured (the green square), one has to believe that it IS secure (all charges unwired, etc.) before this announcement is made. The bridge should not be able to be blown at 0753 if it was secured at 0455 and multiple companies have moved over it.

Thoughts?

3.) I. SS Pz. Kp. was stuck in movement for over an hour. I thought the new patch was supposed to adress this?

Thanks,
Nate

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 16
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 7:15:46 PM   
stian

Thanks for the update guys, awesome as always.

But CRIKEY what did you do to your (Matrix') FTP servers? Looking at 2+ hrs to download 150MB... It's like 2002 all over again

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 17
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 7:26:17 PM   
wodin

Nate if you have any save files send them to Dave, especially the stuck in movement one...I'm hoping that sort of thing is something from the past, yet it sounds troublesome.

Haven't notice the time for the FJ to be honest as I haven't played a scenario where they para drop in yet. As for the bridge I'd have thought it would be unprimed once you've secured it, I think with engineers.

(in reply to stian)
Post #: 18
Update: RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an... - 1/25/2012 7:27:55 PM   
nate25

All,

Trying "Pieper Crosses the Meuse". 7 tries, 7 blown road bridges. Come on, the Huns have to have some small chance of taking this bridge...

This is what happens when you try to "balance play".

Thanks,
Nate 

(in reply to stian)
Post #: 19
RE: Update: RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Get... - 1/25/2012 7:32:32 PM   
nate25

Wodin,

Thanks for the fast reply. I had high hopes for this patch. I know my tactics are sound. Oh well.

Thanks,
Nate

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 20
RE: Update: RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Get... - 1/25/2012 7:38:42 PM   
nate25

Wodin,

It just struck me, what you said: To be fair, no engineers had used or been close to the road bridge when it gets blown. But this has never been a factor in past FJ drops, pre-patch. I have taken the bridge, sometimes even the rail bridge as well, in the past.

Thanks,
Nate

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 21
RE: Update: RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Get... - 1/25/2012 8:37:51 PM   
wodin

nate25,

might be a bug or something you know...been introduced with the new patch maybe. 7 times out of 7 seems alot.

As I said I'd send a save to Dave.

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 22
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 9:07:50 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: nate25

All,

Not sure where to post this... Forgive me if I'm wrong.

A new bug question thread in the General forum would be more appropriate than a marketing announcement thread.

quote:

1.) FJ take WAY too long to reorganize after landing (31 min. avg. in 3 tries). Even having to collect their Hvy Wpns and Ammo from separate cannisters, they should be on their way to initial objectives far sooner. No German operation would have ever succeeded if this was the case. I began noticing this in COTA, and it seems worse in BFTB/Brand new patch.
You don't have to wait until the unit has obtained 100% cohesion to move out to your objectives. Sometimes it will be highly un-advisable to do so (Arnhem).

quote:

2.) If a bridge is secured (the green square), one has to believe that it IS secure (all charges unwired, etc.) before this announcement is made. The bridge should not be able to be blown at 0753 if it was secured at 0455 and multiple companies have moved over it.
I think you can obtain "secure' if it is still 50% primed. Which means it can still be blown but it is that much more unlikely, but I've seen it happen. I think it's a fairly good abstraction of the remote possibility that at least one enemy still had a hand on the switch and not all of the charges had been removed, especially if it was not done by trained personnel. That's my take on it anyway.

quote:

3.) I. SS Pz. Kp. was stuck in movement for over an hour. I thought the new patch was supposed to adress this?
Need more to go on here. the entire Corps was halted? Did you give an order to the Corps HQ or one of the lower HQ's? What is the orders delay set? was there enemy threats? etc.

simovitch

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 23
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 9:19:09 PM   
simovitch

@ Nate25: Here's my first try - Huy bridge secured by the FJ and unprimed. I assume this is the bridge you are talking about.

Note that I did not order a reorg, I ordered a secure crossing right as they landed.

Attachment (1)

simovitch

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 24
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 9:50:59 PM   
elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

The store is on a completely separate network that has much more bandwidth than the update server, which is definitely busy today. We are planning to review the download performance for updates tomorrow and add more bandwidth as necessary, but please be aware that update download speed has nothing to do with store download speed.

Regards,

- Erik

Download speed it still lousy today. I'm only getting about 60K/sec right now. This is my second try getting the file as the first time it failed to download properly.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 25
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 10:29:43 PM   
nate25

Simovitch,

Thanks. I finally secured the bridge on the 8th try (the rail bridge as well!) without them being blown.

I always issue orders to "secure crossing" as soon as the individual companies land.

Not sure how you move your units that quickly while I'm forced to wait for VdH to collect every single loose clip of 7.92 lying around.

On the 8th try I issued orders immediately and the bttn once again went into a lengthy re-org.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 26
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 10:33:51 PM   
Arjuna

BTW cohesion gravitates to the choesion level of the formation being used during a Move. For road column it's 70 or 80% IIRC. So there is no point in reorging past that level if you are going to have them move anyway.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 27
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 10:36:12 PM   
nate25

All,

Moving this to Gen'l per Simovitch's advice.

Thanks,
Nate

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 28
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 10:50:57 PM   
Sybma

Crash here also at 99% both updates, after two hours... Something with a timeout. During downloading both stopped at 99%.

Tomorrow again.

(in reply to AndrewKurtz)
Post #: 29
RE: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update - 1/25/2012 10:56:55 PM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: nate25

All,

Moving this to Gen'l per Simovitch's advice.

Thanks,
Nate

nate,

Richard meant the root level of the Command Ops forum not the General Discussion forum for Matrix.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Gets an Update Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI