Crashing

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

Cripes A Mighty

Crashing

Post by Cripes A Mighty »

I have noticed that there are many ways for a plane to crash, and I was wondering if I could get some help with the distinctions among them:

B-17 crashes (this one seems kind of obvious... a damaged aircraft can't maintain airworthiness?)
B-17 crashes while landing (fate of pilot?)
B-17 crashes on runway (fate of pilot? How is this different than crashes while landing? Is the plane damaged, destroyed, or what?)
B-17 crashes on runway and is damaged, without mention of the pilot (The pilot walks away from this, right?)
B-17 crashes on the runway and is destroyed, without mention of the pilot (The pilot walks away from this one too?)

Thanks for any illumination that can be provided.
jcjordan

RE: Crashing

Post by jcjordan »

Not having this iteration of the game (I've still got the old Talonsoft version) but there'd be a random chance for death in all

1) Probably a good chance of KIA than WIA/MIA/captured but could be any based on if enemy territory or not
2) I'd assume it's close to base but short of runway so greater chance of KIA or WIA
3) I'd assume plane could be either but check of unit to see total damaged & total strenght to see how many were lost & assume a chance of KIA/WIA
4) Just as it says & probably a greater chance of pilot to be unscratched or WIA
5) Just as it says &  greater chance that pilot is KIA

Just because you don't see any mention of the pilot doesnt' mean something didn't happen to him. I'd assume you'd see a msg about a pilot if he's an ace or historical pilot listed in the database at start (it's this way in WITP AE which I play alot of)
Cripes A Mighty

Post by Cripes A Mighty »

Thanks Jordan. I guess a little mystery isn't always a bad thing. I appreciate your taking the time to respond.
Turner

Post by Turner »

For what it's worth and as far as I've seen in BTR playig axis, the fate of the pilot is never mentioned unless he is an officer, or ace, or both obviously. So there are many deaths, injuries and safe bailouts occurring without you ever being notified.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people." - Heinz Guderian

Trippin' with Jagdgeschwader 11
nelmsm1

Post by nelmsm1 »

You're not notified but you can always check the Honor Roll in the squadron detail window to see who was KIA, MIA, or WIA.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”