Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/23/2012 8:16:26 PM   
SeanD

Take to the skies over Europe and secure the Highway to the Reich in this new expansion.

Matrix Games, Slitherine, and Panther Games (www.panthergames.com) are thrilled to announce the latest addition to the award-winning Command Ops series, Command Ops: Highway to the Reich! This exciting expansion builds upon the award-winning Command Ops game engine, revered for its realism and modeling of command, to give players many new scenarios, much more modding ability, and even a mega scenario that can serve as a continuous mini-campaign!

Be sure to check out the brand new AAR at The Wargamer to see Command Ops: Highway to the Reich in action.

Command Ops: Highway to the Reich will be released later this month and will be available for $24.99 Download / $34.99 Physical through the Matrix Games online store.

About Command Ops: Highway to the Reich

As the first official expansion pack for the award winning Command Ops series, Command Ops: Highway to the Reich from acclaimed developer Panther Games brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden. The Highway to the Reich expansion pack is a set of 13 scenarios covering all of the major actions that took place during the Market Garden Campaign in Holland during September 1944.

The scenarios cover every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem. The dramatic parachute and glider landings of the US 82nd and 101st Airborne, The British 1st Airborne and the Polish Brigade are all represented on some of the largest maps ever created for the series and the largest “campaign” scenario in this system to date. More than just a conversion of the old scenarios to play on the new system, the Expansion Pack represents a major update of Panther Games ground breaking classic game Highway to the Reich, incorporating numerous corrections to Maps, Orders of Battle, Unit Compositions, Reinforcement Schedules, and overall game play.

Command Ops: Highway to the Reich is an expansion for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge and requires the base game to play.

Get more information on Command Ops: Highway to the Reich from its official product page.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/23/2012 8:26:56 PM   
phoenix

Great. Really looking forward to it. Price fine by me. £16 - is that what i guessed - I don't recall....

< Message edited by phoenix -- 1/23/2012 8:28:02 PM >

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/23/2012 8:32:46 PM   
AndrewKurtz

No brainer! Can't wait!!!

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 3
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/23/2012 8:44:44 PM   
JudgeDredd

Great - and good price imo. Will definitely buy as I never did get HTTR

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to AndrewKurtz)
Post #: 4
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/23/2012 11:26:57 PM   
elmo3

Any discount for HTTR owners?

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/23/2012 11:56:45 PM   
gabeeg

Man, I am looking forward to this one...first day purchase at the download price.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 6
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 12:19:05 AM   
GBS

Price never was an object for this product. BTW I guess the patch will come with the add-on.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 7
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 12:21:49 AM   
wodin

Excellent, I wasn't that bothered about it to be honest as I own the two previous MG games, but at that price it's a must have.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 8
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 2:44:55 AM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

I'm afriad not. This was something I wanted to offer, with a higher initial price. However, the original HTTR was offered both as an online and a retail product. Matrix could readily verify the bonafides of online purchases but it would have been a very expensive and time consuming process to try and do so for the retail sales. In the end we opted to lower the retail price for all customers and that is what you have now.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 9
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 2:56:46 AM   
elmo3

OK, thanks for the quick reply Arjuna.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 10
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 3:16:58 AM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

I'm afriad not. This was something I wanted to offer, with a higher initial price. However, the original HTTR was offered both as an online and a retail product. Matrix could readily verify the bonafides of online purchases but it would have been a very expensive and time consuming process to try and do so for the retail sales. In the end we opted to lower the retail price for all customers and that is what you have now.

Fair enough. The price announced is reasonable (and excellent for those without HttR.. not that they deserve it ), and I've not been able to say that about a Matrix game in a while.

A must buy. I note the bit about a first expansion pack.. don't say we might finally get to see 'Patton's Charge' after all these years??

< Message edited by Hertston -- 1/24/2012 3:19:16 AM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 11
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 3:22:46 AM   
RangerX3X

quote:

quote:

Funny thing is I kept this box as proof of purchase from Go Gamer, and after all these years it is still is great shape...

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 12
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 3:30:39 AM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston
A must buy. I note the bit about a first expansion pack.. don't say we might finally get to see 'Patton's Charge' after all these years??

No not Patton's Charge but we have another expansion pack in the works. This will cover the alternative staff plan for Wacht am Rhine, sometimes referred to as the "Knock on All Doors" solution. Paul van Doren is the lead designer on this and he's been pain stakingly researching this for quite some time now. We are testing the first four scenarios right now. I'm not sure as to when it will be completed and I'm not going to make a guess, so don't ask. It's just in the works.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 13
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 6:05:28 AM   
Bazza042

I agree that the HTTR extension is very fairly priced and it'll be a first day buy for me.
As an owner of the original HTTR, and RDOA, my copy of the 2004 Strategy Guide had got pretty tatty
so I thought I'd treat myself to another one. The price £11.00 for a download So your substantial extension will cost me around only £5 more than Matrix are charging for an eight year old Guide to a first generation
game. Ludicrous.

Needless to say the 'No Sale' flag went up.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 14
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 6:54:48 AM   
Nikolaj

This is great news! And I'm excited to hear that another expansion is in the works, too. Thanks guys.

(in reply to Bazza042)
Post #: 15
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 9:02:04 AM   
DerGrenadier

OMG I need Oxygen. Great news. I will surely buy the expansion. The price is great.

< Message edited by DerGrenadier -- 1/24/2012 9:03:22 AM >

(in reply to Bazza042)
Post #: 16
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 9:09:39 AM   
PirateJock

Happy days ... and only a week left in the month - wonder if I need to clear my weekend?

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

(in reply to DerGrenadier)
Post #: 17
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 10:03:12 AM   
JiminyJickers

Excellent, can't wait for this to be released.

(in reply to PirateJock)
Post #: 18
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 1:40:34 PM   
Wiggum

Great to see a new release !
Will there ever be a "Deluxe" edition with both the base game and the addon for a slightly discount in the near future ?

< Message edited by Wiggum -- 1/24/2012 1:41:01 PM >

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 19
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 3:06:22 PM   
wodin

I also have the box, and the lovely manual that came with it...both in mint condition.

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X

quote:

quote:

Funny thing is I kept this box as proof of purchase from Go Gamer, and after all these years it is still is great shape...

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 20
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 3:15:42 PM   
GBS

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I also have the box, and the lovely manual that came with it...both in mint condition.

Me too.

< Message edited by GBS -- 1/24/2012 3:16:10 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 21
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 4:42:50 PM   
simovitch

I will be very interested to hear from you HTTR vets how the new release compares with the original.

simovitch

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 22
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 4:47:00 PM   
wodin

simovitch,

it's been awhile since I played it due to the fact the new UI since then has spoiled me and I find HTTR now difficult as I miss the new features since then.

However I'm sure you will get plenty of feedback, I'm also certain it will be positive.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 23
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 4:54:00 PM   
Major SNAFU

Woot!

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." - T. Bartlet Rile, Prof. Irish History in Frank Delany's "Ireland: A Novel."

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 24
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 9:16:40 PM   
freeboy

this is very exciting!!
oh goody oh goody!!!

(in reply to Major SNAFU)
Post #: 25
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/24/2012 9:35:38 PM   
RangerX3X

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

I will be very interested to hear from you HTTR vets how the new release compares with the original.

I still actively play HTTR and COTA, along with BFTB...although the engine has evolved to what it is today, each game is IMHO is still enjoyable as a stand-alone product in its own right.

It will be nice however to play some of those classic scenarios with the new functionality and AAR.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 26
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/25/2012 12:55:26 AM   
Tzar007

It's really great to see HTTR to be revived this way. Let's face it, the added functionalities of COTA and BFTB made me neglect HTTR for quite some time. It will be with great pleasure I'll reconnect with this revamped HTTR. Price is absolutely fair and fine.

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 27
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/25/2012 1:13:44 AM   
Joe D.

quote:

I'm waiting to compare it myself; I assume the new supply system will leave units stranded in Arnhem in more desperate straights than in the current game.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 28
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/25/2012 4:08:24 AM   
Arjuna

Yep, sure will. Enjoy!

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 29
RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced - 1/25/2012 8:47:30 AM   
DerGrenadier

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X

quote:

I still actively play HTTR and COTA, along with BFTB...although the engine has evolved to what it is today, each game is IMHO is still enjoyable as a stand-alone product in its own right.

It will be nice however to play some of those classic scenarios with the new functionality and AAR.

Same here. I still play it from time to time. Market Garden has always been one of my "favourite battles" of WWII.
I still use the excellent Strategy Guide as I find it usefull for both COTA and BftB.

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI