Soviet air HQs

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

zebo23

Soviet air HQs

Post by zebo23 »

Hi,

The Soviet side has a huge number of spare air HQs that you normally do not need. Do you disband the spare ones? I think it is sufficient to have one air HQ for every Front HQ and then have 6 airgroups per air HQ. What use could you possibly make out of all the other spare air HQs?

Thanks!

Zebo

randallw

RE: Soviet air HQs

Post by randallw »

Nope, I don't see much of any use them, in some other way, either.
Don77

Post by Don77 »

Hey,

I agree with disbanding the spare northern AC, Baltic and Black sea fleet Air Commands (HQ). I have tried to allocate them to Stavka and to use to support my stand-alone Stavka Armies (ie before you get sufficient fronts and AC HQ from mid 42). But I didn;t see them generate much result from those loose spare AB in the same area.

Hopefully this thread also healps - tm.asp?m=3008459

Don
zebo23

Post by zebo23 »

Thanks!
von Beanie

Post by von Beanie »

Information on the link and in this thread suggests that disbanding Soviet air HQ may be a reasonable thing to do. Certainly, in 1941 you have plenty (i.e., excess) of air HQ, and a limited number of air bases. But by 1943 you start to get overwhelmed by free air bases, but you will lack the air HQ to use them effectively. I'm more than 105 turns into the game and now have piles of unused air bases, and all of my air HQ are now loaded with 7 or more air bases. I regret disbanding some air HQ earlier in the game. In 1943 I don't lack air bases or airplanes, just air HQ. So don't disband any of them, just send them away and put them in storage for a year or two.
"Military operations are drastically affected by many considerations, one of the most important of which is the geography of the area" Dwight D. Eisenhower
zebo23

Post by zebo23 »

Thanks! Helpful!
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

It's probably a good idea to limit every Airbase to 6 airgroups after the VVS air regts expand to 40 planes. That way, the system won't keep generating excess Airbases, which is just a waste of men and trucks.

I disband the excess Air HQs myself, and do so in 1941, to get those Rifles to the front before Blizzard

Return to “The War Room”