Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

V1-Rockets-turned into scuds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> V1-Rockets-turned into scuds Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
V1-Rockets-turned into scuds - 1/23/2012 5:33:18 AM   
lion_of_judah

how does one use these during the course of the game. I'am using them in a scud type role but for the life of me cannot figure out how these things work. The description says " rain terror from above" we'll not much terror is raining from above at this moment and trying to find anything in the manual is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.....

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 1/24/2012 8:47:41 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: V1-Rockets-turned into scuds - 1/27/2012 9:38:46 AM   
lion_of_judah

i seem to have gotten this to work once, by bombing an airfield but have not been able to do this again. So i ask again, does anyone have a clue on these V-1 Rockets and has anyone had any luck in using them, thanks

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 2
RE: V1-Rockets-turned into scuds - 1/27/2012 7:40:47 PM   
Jeffrey H.

No and No.

Bombur first came up with these in his mod, then they were ported into ATG so you might try sending him a PM.

The boards are dead right now, seems as though everyone is tied up in one thing or another. I suspect we'll see a new release of Decisive Campaigns soon.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

Post #: 3
RE: V1-Rockets-turned into scuds - 1/28/2012 12:05:59 AM   
ernieschwitz

Yeah, the boards seem pretty dead atm. Unfortunately.

On the V1 rockets and how they function, you should really ask Bombur.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 4
RE: V1-Rockets-turned into scuds - 1/29/2012 9:34:22 AM   
Josh

You put some of the rockets into a newly created unit, say 10 rockets in a counter, then strategically bomb a city... and nothing can stop it, no Flak or Fighters can stop it. Strangely enough I found that Rockets with Exp 10 do less damage than Rockets with Exp 40 (wich is the most Exp you can gain without battlefieldexp.). So I pour the newly created Rockets into a say HQ rocket unit, let it gain Exp for some time, then put say 10 or so in a attack unit and bomb a city/factory. You'll notice that bigger cities with more hitpoints may need more Rockets to knock it to zero production points.
Doesn't work well against the AI though as the AI has vast amounts of PP power and supplies.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 5
RE: V1-Rockets-turned into scuds - 1/29/2012 11:28:20 AM   
ernieschwitz

I can only imagine it not working against the AI... which has 33% autorepair of his cities in stock ATG.

I don´t find it strange that better experienced rockets do more damage, tho, as the ground personel probably is better with each day of experience...

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 6
RE: V1-Rockets-turned into scuds - 2/2/2012 8:25:56 AM   
lion_of_judah

sent him a pm so hopefuly he'll have some answers for me, because I'm still having issues with it.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 7
RE: V1-Rockets-turned into scuds - 3/7/2012 9:22:07 AM   
lion_of_judah

haven't figured out what i'm doing wrong but i still cannot get these things to work all the time................

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 3/7/2012 9:41:58 AM >

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> V1-Rockets-turned into scuds Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI