Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Try again

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Try again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Try again - 1/22/2012 4:22:59 PM   
Dan Nichols

I started a game last year and ended up not continuing due to illness. I have spend 2 months+ recovering and feel that I am ready to play. My earlier opponent and I have exchanged passwords and he has gone on to another game.

I am interesting in a campaign game and I am willing to play either side, most any scenario, and any house rules. I am also willing to play with no house rules since it appears that the house rule sets I have seen benefit either one side or the other with the end result tending to be nil.

My preference would be to play the Allies in DBB scenario 28B game with no house rules.

[edit] I am using the latest beta version from michaelm and intend to use it.

< Message edited by Dan Nichols -- 1/22/2012 6:02:40 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Try again - 1/24/2012 3:32:18 AM   
XENXEN

I will fight you, I send you a PM with a email if you are interested

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 2
RE: Try again - 1/24/2012 3:44:52 AM   
Dan Nichols

PM sent back to you.

(in reply to XENXEN)
Post #: 3
RE: Try again - 1/26/2012 2:05:23 AM   
Dan Nichols

I have decided to not play a game. It seems there may be serious problems with large scale air combat and it seems that the developers are not going to fix it.

edited in bold, I am unsure if there are problems or not and I am awaiting some resolution.

< Message edited by Dan Nichols -- 1/26/2012 3:17:05 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: Try again - 1/28/2012 2:31:48 AM   
sdhundt

I don't know of the problems you speak of...Could you advise me of the problem areas....I haven't done much close research of the Beta fixes but if you have noticed major problems I also would like to be made aware of them, Thanks.

Post #: 5
RE: Try again - 1/28/2012 3:47:31 PM   
Dan Nichols

Look at the Beta thread, GreyJoys and Raders AARs, and here. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3019739

(in reply to sdhundt)
Post #: 6
RE: Try again - 1/30/2012 12:39:52 AM   
zuluhour

Just my 2 cents but it just looks like the turkey shoot in reverse. The allies are certainly capable of putting up a thousand bomber raid, it is a simulation, why not allow the Japanese the possibility?

Post #: 7
RE: Try again - 1/30/2012 1:01:45 AM   
Dan Nichols

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

Just my 2 cents but it just looks like the turkey shoot in reverse. The allies are certainly capable of putting up a thousand bomber raid, it is a simulation, why not allow the Japanese the possibility?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I have no problem with large raids by either side, but if the CAP is not working right, it's not working right. Note, I am not sure there is a problem but there reports of some and the developers did say they were not going to fix it. I am still waiting to see if there is more information that arises.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 8
RE: Try again - 1/30/2012 5:23:14 AM   
LoBaron

Dan, FWIIW, what Michael tries to do is get a good estimate where the upper limit of combat rounds should lie
to ensure realistic CAP even if 1000+ planes are engaged.
This salready seems to be the case as long as experienced players set it up, setting up CAP depending on opposition
is a sciences on its own.

There might be an issue with a very high number of planes, but its nothing already confirmed as bug or even in consent
whether its realistic as is. It should not prevent you from starting a game.

Do not forget that such a game behaviour affects both sides, and even if it turns out as a bug you´ll have a long way down the
road until it starts to impact your play, and this only if you do not plan accordingly.

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

Post #: 9
RE: Try again - 1/30/2012 1:35:12 PM   
zuluhour

Agree with LoBaron. +1

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 10
RE: Try again - 1/30/2012 2:16:37 PM   
Dan Nichols

So, is anyone up to playing me? I am set on using DBB scenario 28B with extended map and stacking limits. As far as I can tell, only DBB and RA4.0 have the CP guns upgrade for more realistic AA results. I want to use the latest unofficial beta from michaelm. I suppose a few house rules can be used, but I don't want very many of them. I would like to play as teh Allies, but will play as Japan.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 11
RE: Try again - 1/30/2012 4:32:57 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

I have decided to not play a game. It seems there may be serious problems with large scale air combat and it seems that the developers are not going to fix it.

edited in bold, I am unsure if there are problems or not and I am awaiting some resolution.

you could still enjoy the game until late 44/mid 45 though. Not that I want to defend the air routines too much but they are better than WITP's so if you have played WITP, you should really enjoy AE.

Post #: 12
RE: Try again - 1/30/2012 4:35:31 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Dan, FWIIW, what Michael tries to do is get a good estimate where the upper limit of combat rounds should lie
This salready seems to be the case as long as experienced players set it up, setting up CAP depending on opposition

There might be an issue with a very high number of planes, but its nothing already confirmed as bug or even in consent

Do not forget that such a game behaviour affects both sides, and even if it turns out as a bug you´ll have a long way down the
road until it starts to impact your play, and this only if you do not plan accordingly.

sorry, but this is not the reason why 1500+ fighters on Cap aren't able to deal with 300 incoming aircraft and I am sure if you go and take a deep look into yourselve you know it too. If you don't, I may well dig up one of my late war turns with my 1500+ Hellcat/Corsair Cap and let you - the only expert - take the whatever setting and have the results posted. But yeah, it's not a bug and should not prevent ppl from starting a game as 90% of the PBEM never reach 45 anyway.

< Message edited by castor troy -- 1/30/2012 4:37:49 PM >

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 13
RE: Try again - 1/30/2012 6:07:37 PM   
LoBaron

Its ok CT, I was just trying to squash doubts about later war playability of WitP AE, as obviousely
some newer players got second thoughts on this topic induced by some recent posts from the usual drama
queens around here.

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 14
RE: Try again - 1/30/2012 10:14:08 PM   
zuluhour

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

sorry, but this is not the reason why 1500+ fighters on Cap aren't able to deal with 300 incoming aircraft and I am sure if you go and take a deep look into yourselve you know it too. If you don't, I may well dig up one of my late war turns with my 1500+ Hellcat/Corsair Cap and let you - the only expert - take the whatever setting and have the results posted. But yeah, it's not a bug and should not prevent ppl from starting a game as 90% of the PBEM never reach 45 anyway.

quote:

I may be sending you a PM in two years for advice.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 15
RE: Try again - 1/31/2012 1:05:43 PM   
Dan Nichols

Still looking for an opponent.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Try again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI