Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ai Germany got 3 strat bomber??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> The War Room >> Ai Germany got 3 strat bomber?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ai Germany got 3 strat bomber?? - 1/21/2012 5:25:46 AM   
Swedewolf

I started a long campaign as US only and on turn 2 map was focused on berlin and was showing 3 strat bomber. Ive been playing Germany in long campaign 2 times already and I got no srta air.

I found it odd also when playing last session as Germany and was doing the battle of brittain thingy in summer -40. I picked England as human player to check how good I faired. They got -9 in production and got nothing in production cue. So I put it back on AI again. Next time it was my German player turn my bomber got intercepted. Do I did a recon attemt. 4 failed recon later I finaly succeeded and found 4 lvl 2 fighters.

How did this happen? Do ai cheat? Both the german strat bombers and britt fighters cost more pp than was in play and take more time to finnish.

Good to know what opposition u fight against to calculate who is lead as the report engine dont compare build and losses.

I like the game so far but it got many blank spots knowlege wise. For me anyway.
Post #: 1
RE: Ai Germany got 3 strat bomber?? - 1/27/2012 6:46:13 AM   
JLPOWELL

AI gets units instantly and may be allowed some deficit spending (hard to tell) I have also seen AI repair then attack (repair did not expend AP) Unfortunately the AI lacks much 'I' so it needs all the help it can get...

< Message edited by JLPOWELL -- 4/10/2012 2:17:06 AM >

"Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 2
RE: Ai Germany got 3 strat bomber?? - 1/27/2012 11:43:45 AM   
Swedewolf

So I have aproached this game to seriously then ? 

(in reply to JLPOWELL)
Post #: 3
RE: Ai Germany got 3 strat bomber?? - 1/27/2012 9:32:27 PM   
gwgardner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swedewolf

So I have aproached this game to seriously then ? 

Not necessarily. I really don't think the AI normally gets units instantly. I have been testing the Barbarossa scenario, German AI. Occasionally I will set Germany to player controlled, and I see units in the production/deploy queue.

Sometimes the AI or human player gets instant units by event.

The issue of the 3 strat bombers should be addressed by Wastelands - is it by event? Does this event only happen for the AI?

Also, very little is set in stone, in this game. Production/build strategies, events, etc., all can be modded. I'm hoping more and more people will do 'realism' modes, like Slatanic's new STORM mod.

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 4
RE: Ai Germany got 3 strat bomber?? - 1/27/2012 11:55:07 PM   
freeboy

ai gets cheats

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 5
RE: Ai Germany got 3 strat bomber?? - 1/31/2012 12:47:02 PM   
Swedewolf

So I shouldnt bother with any deep thinking when doing "Battle of Brittain" then? As new air units coming even if I ruin their industry and kill all air. And sink all their transports. It also seams that they (the britts ai) can do recon much easier than the human player as they almost always bomb my corps and airunits. I as human player germany must use most of my air to do successfull recon. Im worried my nearly 500 skr game will be to dull against the computer. Im hoping im wrong. Havent played it since for a week now waiting for a proper barbarossa trigger for the campaign. Sorry guys if I sound harsh. U still working on improvements, its more I can say about other games I own. Keep up the good work, I´l be patient 

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Ai Germany got 3 strat bomber?? - 1/31/2012 12:55:09 PM   
doomtrader

We just found the issue of early Germany DOW by Soviets, so it will be corrected in the official patch.

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 7
RE: Ai Germany got 3 strat bomber?? - 1/31/2012 3:36:10 PM   
Swedewolf

Great, I saw it was date on trigger related. I was guessing that. 
How about the unbeatable english air then ? Kill all and new poping up. Even if our of pp.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> The War Room >> Ai Germany got 3 strat bomber?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI