Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 9/9/2012 6:29:04 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192

Advanced Tactics and Decisive Campaign in one game? It will be good to have a detailed WW2 game plus the option of a what-if scenario and Advanced Tactics random map generator

Well yeah I agree, but it would be nice to see more of the actual equipment they used in the time instead of the generic Medium Tank III etc. Maybe not *every* piece of equipment the used at the time, only the ones that match lvl I to lvl IV. So Flak I would be something like the German 37mm gun, or the 20mm Oerlikon. Flak IV could be something like the "Flakvierling". Hmm that would be "light mobile Flak' ofcourse.

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 31
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 9/10/2012 3:40:47 AM   
LazyBoy

I would like to see an option to have the combat simlator available through out the game

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 32
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 10/9/2012 12:48:20 AM   
danlongman

I would love to see lots of resource management. Farming, Lumber, Mining, Fuels, Iron and Steel, etc. A solid rational economic/resource based
economy on which to build the armed forces. Some real guns/butter problems with road/rail nets having true importance. Wars could have real
economic reasons and strategy with real economic aims. The same things with human factors like education and technical expertise so we could have
rational countries that exist and act for understandable reasons like "I want your food or wood or oil" instead of "I hate French people" although
even that works, come to think of it.

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to LazyBoy)
Post #: 33
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 10/16/2012 12:32:20 AM   
barerabbit

I think you should be able to move more stuff using strategic transfer than regular (tactical) transfer. Could we have a rulvar that sets the land/sea cap cost of a strategic transfer to some percentage of the cost for the same weight/distance transferred tactically. If, for instance, this rulvar was set to .5, a strategic transfer would cost half than the equivalent tactical transfer. This would solve the problem of not being able to move large units across continental distances without decreasing the cost of trains, or the weight of units, or the landcap of trains/trucks or something else that changes the balance of tactical (new units form the HQ to the front) transfer at the front.

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 34
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 10/17/2012 8:21:35 PM   
Jafele

Trains should consume Raw when used for transfers. In this moment trucks have a clear disadvantage (consuming oil) with regard to trains. Horses should be able to transfer (of course with a limited landcap).

< Message edited by Jafele -- 10/17/2012 8:31:57 PM >

(in reply to barerabbit)
Post #: 35
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 10/17/2012 9:27:44 PM   
Webizen

Hmmm, not sure I would agree with this. Perhaps some adjustments might be needed but not by causing trains to expend raw to move stuff. Trains use "coal" which is considered to be available in unlimited quantities.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele

Trains should consume Raw when used for transfers. In this moment trucks have a clear disadvantage (consuming oil) with regard to trains. Horses should be able to transfer (of course with a limited landcap).

Tac2i

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 36
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 10/17/2012 9:38:36 PM   
Jafele

Without a limit to transfers by trains a HQ is able to have loads of trains and make almost unlimited transfers/strategic transfers. It´s really tricky IMO.

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 37
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 10/17/2012 10:39:21 PM   
mgaffn1

That said, building trains is expensive (costs lots of raw) compared to other SFTypes, especially early in the game when your raw materials are limited. And considering you can only move a certain weight per turn based on how many trains, it really isn't unlimited transport.

You could build thousands of trains, but you would likely be neglecting some other forces, and the AI or human opponent would take advantage of that.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 38
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 10/18/2012 4:03:15 AM   
Meanfcker

quote:

Trucks consume less raw and production. Trucks also let you distribute men directly into frontline units when the frontline units are all smashed up. Trucks and trains are fine the way they are. Horses should have more tranport capacity for supplies and men, of coarse with severe weight restricions. Horses did drag most of the German army supplies to the men, miles from railheads, in the mud and winter for much of the war.

< Message edited by Meanfcker -- 10/18/2012 4:04:59 AM >

(in reply to mgaffn1)
Post #: 39
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 10/18/2012 3:46:30 PM   
Josh

I have to agree with Meanfcker here on both points, trucks and trains are fine the way they are now, and horses should indeed have some transport capacity for supplies and men, reflecting their historic role.

(in reply to Meanfcker)
Post #: 40
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 11/1/2012 2:23:51 PM   
cbardswell

A lot of people seem reluctant to pay for a new game so I think Vic would need to justify the pricing point with some good improvements - there is a big sense in the forums that the game needs a large overhaul rather than just incremental patches.

For what it is worth, I love playing this game and do not feel another £20 is unreasonable given how much pleasure I get from the game - I for one will purchase ATP the day it is released. Also, big improvements take time and I do not think it is unreasonable that these should generate revenue (Matrix games is a commercial operation after all). It is a matter of determining what should have been done in the original release and what is genuinely new content.

Taking a step back - I think many people are looking to customise their game experience - some want more detailed supply, different graphics - overall I think the next version needs above all to recognise that and incorporate that optionality into the game, rather than require fiddling about in the file structure.

Finally - completely agree re the formations and auto reinforce as below - would massively improve the game experience (actually I'd buy it for that alone)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TPM

Webizen's 6, 8, 9 and 10

Shadehawk's ability to duplicate formations (I'm big on this, wrote a lot about it under "Templates" heading or something like that)

Lazy Boy's create and transfer suggestion.

I've got two lists:

Probably difficult and most players don't care anyway:
1. The ability to create units from a pre-defined template. Either through the production screen, or through the card system, doesn't matter.
2. The ability to reinforce your units to a predefined template with one click (either a bunch of them, or one at a time). This would work wonders for those HUGE East Front scenarios...if I have a infantry units that I always want to have at least 30 Rifle, 3 MG and 3 Mortar, 5 horses, I want to be able to reinforce depleted infantry units to that standard with one click.

Should be easy:
1. The ability to rename units from the OOB screen. I'm a total OCD freak when it comes to organization and unit naming, etc. I'd love to be able to get all my freakish naming ducks in a row from the OOB screen, instead of wandering around the map.

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 41
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 11/4/2012 10:20:05 PM   
Jafele

I would love to see engineers building paths or tracks . Obviously trains cannot cross it or distribute supply. Paths are cheaper to build than roads (no raw required). Supply can only be brought through paths by trucks or horses (if this option is accepted). Travelling by trucks (or bringing supply by trucks) must be problematic when mud or rain is in effect. Tracks must be more common than roads in any map.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 11/4/2012 10:33:12 PM >

(in reply to cbardswell)
Post #: 42
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 11/5/2012 9:07:10 PM   
Madlok

More realistic fog of war:
- Ships can't recon land hexes and land units have limited (1 hex?) recon range for sea hexes.
- Fog of Battles as option - player can see only friendly causalities, enemy causalities only approximately (based on approximate values from recon). No detail screen for combat.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 43
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 11/6/2012 8:51:17 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Madlok

- Ships can't recon land hexes and land units have limited (1 hex?) recon range for sea hexes.
- Fog of Battles as option - player can see only friendly causalities, enemy causalities only approximately (based on approximate values from recon). No detail screen for combat.

quote:

This is defenitely something that is on my long-term to do list as well. :)

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Madlok)
Post #: 44
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 11/11/2012 1:23:27 PM   
kombrig

Just some ideas concerning intelligence.

Signals (radio) intelligence - SIGINT SFT which in every turn "illuminate" every enemy hex in their range. The range might be around 8-10 hexes. The level of "illumination" is random for every hex (0-100% accuracy). The more SIGINT SFT's in a unit, the more there is a chance that the "illumination" level is higher.

Operational level human intelligence and counter intelligence - HUMINT and Counter Intelligence SFTs. The concept is similar to air reconnaissance:
- a hex for HUMINT operation is selected
- unit or units containing HUMINT SFTs are selected for participating in the operation
- counter-intelligence SFTs may intercept the operation if it's in their range. The more counter-intelligence SFTs, the higher the chance that the operation will be intercepted and HUMINT SFTs either killed or returned without fulfilling their task.

If the operation is succesful, then the target hex and an area around it is illuminated. The more HUMINT SFTs participating in the operation, the higher the chance for better illumination. The HUMINT SFTs may have range around 6-8 hexes; the counter-intelligence SFTs about the same.

Strategic level human intelligence - a special SFT, which has very long range (basicaly the whole map). The SFT is costly, its operation is costly and it has low rate of success. However if successful, it may illuminate large parts of the map with high accuracy or give more or less accurate report about opponents production power, OOB etc (this represents the recruitment of very valuable agent, who has high level of access to secrets).

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 45
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 11/11/2012 4:38:35 PM   
kombrig

Some more thoughts...

Humint and sigint can be used also against regimes which are in peace with you.

Radar SFT - gives bonus to intercepting fighters in the range of radar (or increases the chance of interception).

It would be great if there are besides parachute infantry also paradrop machine guns, mortars and bazookas, maybe also AT guns and jeeps.

< Message edited by kombrig -- 11/11/2012 6:07:03 PM >

(in reply to kombrig)
Post #: 46
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 11/23/2012 5:22:11 AM   
rich12545

Yeah there was an AI mod floating around somewhere, its been ages since ive played it, but I know it kicked my butt a few times.

[/quote]

If the Empire Deluxe you're referring to is the Enhanced version, I wrote the only AI mod available. Anybody who wants it can go to the Empire Deluxe Yahoo Group and download.

(in reply to Kraftwerk)
Post #: 47
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 11/24/2012 4:01:07 PM   
Jafele

I wish Coastal guns can be available someday. Land artillery is extremely strong against ships.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 48
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 11/25/2012 1:14:34 AM   
Webizen

+1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele

I wish Coastal guns can be available someday. Land artillery is extremely strong against ships.

Tac2i

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 49
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 11/28/2012 6:19:46 PM   
Jafele

I wish no more auto-repair at free cost. A semidestroyed (50% damaged) gun factory should need half of its cost to be repaired (15 raw/160 supply/40 PP). Furthermore it must be player´s option to do it or not (using engineers). In this way there´s a place for sabotage and players must build carefully. It is not against any player, the same rule applies to all participants. However cities can be auto-repaired by the population cos they need to live there.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 11/28/2012 6:23:21 PM >

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 50
RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions - 11/30/2012 12:13:14 AM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kombrig

Just some ideas concerning intelligence.

Signals (radio) intelligence - SIGINT SFT which in every turn "illuminate" every enemy hex in their range. The range might be around 8-10 hexes. The level of "illumination" is random for every hex (0-100% accuracy). The more SIGINT SFT's in a unit, the more there is a chance that the "illumination" level is higher.

Operational level human intelligence and counter intelligence - HUMINT and Counter Intelligence SFTs. The concept is similar to air reconnaissance:
- a hex for HUMINT operation is selected
- unit or units containing HUMINT SFTs are selected for participating in the operation
- counter-intelligence SFTs may intercept the operation if it's in their range. The more counter-intelligence SFTs, the higher the chance that the operation will be intercepted and HUMINT SFTs either killed or returned without fulfilling their task.

If the operation is succesful, then the target hex and an area around it is illuminated. The more HUMINT SFTs participating in the operation, the higher the chance for better illumination. The HUMINT SFTs may have range around 6-8 hexes; the counter-intelligence SFTs about the same.

Strategic level human intelligence - a special SFT, which has very long range (basicaly the whole map). The SFT is costly, its operation is costly and it has low rate of success. However if successful, it may illuminate large parts of the map with high accuracy or give more or less accurate report about opponents production power, OOB etc (this represents the recruitment of very valuable agent, who has high level of access to secrets).

Excellent ideas.

(in reply to kombrig)
Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: AT Platinum - Suggestions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI