1) AI processing speed, but not at the expense of ai "intelligence"
2) more "lines" in combat, front line, behind front line, rear, and staging, in a battle with rifles, mortars, artillery, and staff, the stuff "behind" the rifles can only be hit by longer range SFTs, the staging area would be totally safe unless theres a breakthrough of the other "lines". Trucks and trains and such would stay in the "staging area"
3) another rating for SFTs, "strength" to go with readiness, morale, and experience. Strength and readiness wont be tied together anymore.
4) supply capture
5) tech tree broken down ala Hearts of Iron, research Tank Engines, Tank Guns, or Tank Armor to improve specific areas of SFTs. Upgrade your strategic bombers defense, but not their range, research a ships fuel consumption but not its guns, etc
6) multiple buildings/loctypes/terrains per hex, a city, factory, airbase, fortress, and hills should all be able to occupy the same hex
Those are my wishes!