Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shields and web sites?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Shields and web sites? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shields and web sites? - 1/20/2012 4:55:21 PM   
Morwaul

I was wondering what is better for shields. Recharge Rate or Strength, or in other words Talassos or Deucalios? Is it a bad idea to mix shields? 3 or 4 of each for instance.

Also, are there any fan websites for DW? Google doesn't give me anything but reviews and this forum. What I am most interested in is a component database and better descriptions of all the components, etc.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Shields and web sites? - 8/7/2012 2:44:21 AM   
Wild_Bill

Morwaul, I can't help you on a fan site or component databases since I only got here last week. I discovered last night that by adding a lower strength Talassos shield to my stronger Deucalios shield(s) I got a major increase in shield recharge rate as well as an increase in overall shield strength.

(in reply to Morwaul)
Post #: 2
RE: Shields and web sites? - 8/7/2012 1:42:10 PM   
onomastikon

There's no other place to go for information AFAIK. This is an indy game and until one of us compiles the information you are looking for, it won't be there, and when someone does it, you'll read about it here first. I think.

(in reply to Wild_Bill)
Post #: 3
RE: Shields and web sites? - 8/12/2012 9:48:51 AM   
endoric

if this game got more activity and faster updates i would throw together a ship designer in excell.

if it wasnt for the ship designing i would have regretted buying this game.

i would love to see roles play a greater part in ship actions and constraints. i hate when the AI has a cruiser of 500 in size as i reserve that for heavy dreadnaught battle ship types.

i onlyuse roles to help me catagorize and sort my ships.

only carriers and resupply ships roles really maean anything as it requires more space to fighter bays and cargo holds respectivly and allows for extra size beyond your limit for carriers

add a role called command ship would be great but i digress.

i never mix shields maybe i should try.

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 4
RE: Shields and web sites? - 8/12/2012 4:56:16 PM   
Arcatus

I might be wrong, but it feels like as many shield points as possible is better.

Recharge rates seems to be too slow to affect the outcome of a battle, as many encounters are over in a few seconds - so there is not much time to recharge.

(in reply to endoric)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Shields and web sites? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI