Tracers and gunfire

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

Hollywood7

Tracers and gunfire

Post by Hollywood7 »

Is there a setting to turn tracer fire and illustrations of gun fire off? If so, it seems to be set on my system because I cannot see any outgoing or incoming fire other than tank main gun rounds and I'm finding it very hard to determine where units are getting hit from during a replay.

I had one instance last night where a saw the illustration of a German bombing run taking out a tank and simultaneously losing a tank half a map away with no indication as to where/how it happened.

Any input on how to config my system to see incoming would be helpful.

Thanks.
rickier65

RE: Tracers and gunfire

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Hollywood

Is there a setting to turn tracer fire and illustrations of gun fire off? If so, it seems to be set on my system because I cannot see any outgoing or incoming fire other than tank main gun rounds and I'm finding it very hard to determine where units are getting hit from during a replay.

I had one instance last night where a saw the illustration of a German bombing run taking out a tank and simultaneously losing a tank half a map away with no indication as to where/how it happened.

Any input on how to config my system to see incoming would be helpful.

Thanks.

It's not unusual to not be able to see where fire is coming from. If you have LOS to the unit firing, you may be able to sight it. You may also be able to see a round coming in. But quite often especially with AT guns you can be fired on without being able to see who fired. Once a unit fires, it is easier to spot, but if the first shot causes you to button up, then it's still hard to spot.

Sighting isn't symetrical in PCO. There are many instances where enemy units will be able to sight and target you, and you will not be able to spot them.

Also, are you playing with the latest beta patch, or with the Release version. I seem to recall a problem with the release version there was a problem with Off map Aritllery animations, perhaps this included Air missions. this was fixed in the 2nd Beta Patch I think.

Thanks
Rick

Hollywood7

Post by Hollywood7 »

Thanks Rick. I'll keep a closer look on what I see and what I can't. I should be able to see ALL outgoing fire from my own units right?
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Hollywood

Thanks Rick. I'll keep a closer look on what I see and what I can't. I should be able to see ALL outgoing fire from my own units right?

Yes, I think you should. I just rechecked to make sure. I'm able to see the tracers from small arms fire.

Thanks
rick
Hollywood7

Post by Hollywood7 »

Thanks.
Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown »

Quick Q. I think red tracer is German, green tracer is Sov. What is white tracer?

Thanks,

Andy

Return to “Tech Support”