Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Conlict of heroes...Matrix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Conlict of heroes...Matrix? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/18/2012 10:51:06 PM   
wodin

Just noticed the date of a thread to do with the game in the Lock n load forum...dated...26\2\2011...

The first call for BETA testers was in March of last year...

Thats one month away from a year ago since it was announced and 10 months since beta testers started working on it...and still we hear nothing...

Surely it must be near enough now for you to release a forum\website\info....

Or is Academy games a super secret coy?

things can be presumed from the silence that things aren't going as planned or the game isn't up to scratch...or it could be so much is being added that it keeps getting put off...heres hoping it's the last comment.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 12:02:17 AM   
Arctic Blast

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Just noticed the date of a thread to do with the game in the Lock n load forum...dated...26\2\2011...

The first call for BETA testers was in March of last year...

Thats one month away from a year ago since it was announced and 10 months since beta testers started working on it...and still we hear nothing...

Surely it must be near enough now for you to release a forum\website\info....

Or is Academy games a super secret coy?

things can be presumed from the silence that things aren't going as planned or the game isn't up to scratch...or it could be so much is being added that it keeps getting put off...heres hoping it's the last comment.

I would imagine the reasoning is simple : the avoid a forum filled with posts like this, and a bunch of speculation.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 1:42:47 AM   
wodin

Which makes no sense at all..it's very rare you don't get a forum going for a game thats into beta testing..also there wouldn't be any speculation as we would be getting some info...it's the overall lack of any info whatsoever that seems odd..

yet we have forums for Lock n Load and Combined Arms..??

It's the silence for whats nearly a year after announcing a call for beta testers that will cause speculation...your reply goes against what most publishers and developer sod these dyas if you've noticed..thats get a forum and website up and give out info as they move along...or am I hallucinating all those game websites I've been to and checked out when a game is being developed...to much acid in the late eighties early ninties has taken it's toll if thats the case.

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/19/2012 1:46:44 AM >

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 3
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 4:52:00 AM   
Arctic Blast

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Which makes no sense at all..it's very rare you don't get a forum going for a game thats into beta testing..also there wouldn't be any speculation as we would be getting some info...it's the overall lack of any info whatsoever that seems odd..

yet we have forums for Lock n Load and Combined Arms..??

It's the silence for whats nearly a year after announcing a call for beta testers that will cause speculation...your reply goes against what most publishers and developer sod these dyas if you've noticed..thats get a forum and website up and give out info as they move along...or am I hallucinating all those game websites I've been to and checked out when a game is being developed...to much acid in the late eighties early ninties has taken it's toll if thats the case.

First off, you're assuming that a game being in Beta testing means it's coming out right away. Just because a game is in Beta testing doesn't mean a thing when it comes to possible release dates. What if it's still early going? Maybe there simple isn't a lot to show at the moment. So you'd open the new sub forum, and...crickets. And then you'd have, what, a month before the constant creation of threads asking what's going on, and is it vaporware, and this must mean that something is wrong, and so on.

Seriously, when did every gamer lose their grip on patience? When did we start demanding constant updates about every detail of every project? Did I miss that memo?

Relax. Load up a game and play it for awhile.

< Message edited by Arctic Blast -- 1/19/2012 4:54:49 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 7:57:10 AM   
JudgeDredd

^ Exactly. The game is in beta and still going - and going strong.

I had asked for a forum and an AAR just before Christmas - for exactly the reasons Wodin said - getting interest built, explaining things - but the idea was not taken forward and rightly so - there were(are) still little bits there that would show in an AAR and people would question.

When the call for beta testers went out, it was presumably just out of alpha...alot of the graphics were just place holders - so it was very early beta. And you should know about the art of patience Wodin - how long did you wait on a PATCH for Command Ops?

The game is being tested, it gets better and better and it will be out - I don't know when - but it will be out. And sometime before it's coming out, a forum will be up and when the forum is up, there will be AARs - those are 3 things you can bank some money on

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 5
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 9:46:09 AM   
undercovergeek

Q1 2012 was Eriks last announcement - has it slipped?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 6
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 12:52:58 PM   
JudgeDredd

No idea

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 7
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 3:54:18 PM   
undercovergeek

"you twist and turn, like a..... like a....... twisty turny thingy!"

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 8
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 4:38:01 PM   
Slick Wilhelm

To be fair to JD, beta testers are under a strict confidentiality clause. I'm very careful not to say too much about the games I'm beta testing, because

A) I don't want to get kicked off the test team.
B) I don't want to get sued.
C) I don't want to hype something too much and have your expectations unfulfilled when the game is released.

I'm currently testing two games now, and in both cases the developers don't tell us much. We just take the builds, test them out and report potential bugs and give suggestions for improved game play. Sometimes they take our advice, sometimes not.

It is fun, though. I've actually gotten more satisfaction out of beta testing in the last two years than I have out of playing finished games.  

< Message edited by Slick Wilhelm -- 1/19/2012 4:39:41 PM >

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 9
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 5:37:55 PM   
wodin

Yes I understand all that...however we where aware it was being worked on nearly a year ago...we are aware it's been under testing for 10 months...yet nothing has been released on what the vision for the game is...nothing...is it a straight PC version (well we found out "not exactly", though no other details)...what art style 2d or 3d...what battles it covers (we don't all have the boardgame and it may not even cover the same battles)...will it have a scenario\map editor...will it have PBEM, AI and hotseat or even LAN, etc etc.

All these things must be known and could have been put out there to keep interest up without the need for AAR's or in depth blogs on how the testing is going or even screenshots. Just a straight forward run down and how the game will play when released, I'm not even bothered about a Forum.

I'm also not trying to start any trouble nor am I moaning per se...I just want some info as I'm very interested in this particular release, far more so than pretty much any game Matrix has been involved with yet.

Surely thats not being unreasonable or highly impatient? I would have thought it's bog standard procedure during game development. Just very basic product rundown. It just seems odd that this sort of thing hasn't happened before on here as far as I'm aware, most games either have in depth development coverage or at least an announcement of what the game will be like when finished.

Anyway maybe there is more info over at Consim World...I'm going to check. It looks like I'm the only one that seems very interested in the game and wonders why NO INFO has been released and wants abit. I expect if it was one of Matrix more popular games that loads would be clamouring for some info aswell.

As Panther games was mentioned...they don't have a forum for their EF title..yet I know what battles it will cover, what kind of new features they are thinking about including and roughly what work has been done so far..that will do me.

Also lets say the guess is right and it's the WW2 game the developer who is working on Brother vs Brother..if so we know it's coming out before Brother vs Brother which has a forum and info on what the game will be like already.

Oh and one last thing the IPAD vid of the game a man and his mate made of CoH...yes it has no AI..but they've knocked everything else up between the two of them and it looks amazing..all the rules must be in there...yet we have a developer and so far a team of testers working on it for nearly a year and it seems there is nothing really worth showing or even talking about.

Maybe they should hire the Ipad fella..add an AI to what he's done already and convert it to the PC. As to be honest it's that vidoe that has stoked up even more interest into what Matrix are doing with CoH.

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/19/2012 5:55:33 PM >

(in reply to Slick Wilhelm)
Post #: 10
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 7:56:18 PM   
JudgeDredd

Well I did say I wasn't going to answer you specifically - but I need to interject here...

It will not end there. You say it will - a basic run down of features - I say it won't. We'll agree to differ.

You've been round long enough (as I have) to understand that the most basic of information gets disected, thrown about, speculated on...before you know it the rumour mill has run riot.

If a forum goes up too early questions will be asked - alot of which will not be able to be answered - and that can do as much harm as good.

The forum will be made available when the game is of sufficient quality to put it on display and have questions asked and answered - and the developer will decide that along with Matrix/Slitherine.

And Wodin - you have already started/taken part in speculation on the cost of the HTTR conversion on the Command Ops forum - NO info about the cost has been made available. A description of the HTTR addon was posted by simovitch and you posted this
quote:

wodin
The description says to me "expect a hefty price tag lads" though I maybe being paranoid and reading to much into it....yet really we are only talking about new scenarios...maybe great ones but it's not really an expansion it's a scenario pack and I hope it's priced as one similar to FoG scenario packs.

You were all over that bad boy with "sounds to me like it's going to be expensive" - so a little bit of information can cause all the wrong impressions. Regardless of what you think you've said, that actually does no good but gets some people boiled up about a potential price hike. Again - we can agree to differ on this - I don't mind.

I also remember giving a little snippet of info out and immediately regretted it because you speculated on that also. I don't want to repeat it here and I would like it not to be repeated for fear of the same speculation flying around.

Best to wait until things are in place, the dev is happy and there is time to devote to answering questions. A forum now, with the beta team having no way of giving information would not be helpful.

I'm stoked you're stoked about the game - and I like seeing your posts about it - but they need to be more positive and less speculative if you want to get people involved and want to get people stoked about the release. The game is not vapourware. It's coming along and coming along nicely. There will be a forum in the future and in that forum will be AARs and questions can be asked and answered. That's all that can be said at the moment.

< Message edited by JudgeDredd -- 1/19/2012 9:07:49 PM >

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 11
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 8:50:57 PM   
Punk Reaper

Conflict of Heroes? look no further....i-pad app

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 12
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 8:57:19 PM   
vonRocko

Wow, so this games' going to be expensive!!!

(in reply to Punk Reaper)
Post #: 13
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 9:06:43 PM   
JudgeDredd

Nice to see you around Punk Reaper - it's been a while.

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 14
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 9:21:48 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Everyone,

We expect to make an announcement about Conflict of Heroes in the next couple of weeks and open a forum for discussion.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 15
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 9:40:26 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Well if it's who I think it is developing CoH, I am VERY excited. The company I am thinking of has released a couple of my favorite games. I await official word.

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 16
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 9:53:15 PM   
Punk Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Nice to see you around Punk Reaper - it's been a while.

Thanks... not been well but hopefully bit better now

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 17
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 10:02:02 PM   
JudgeDredd

good - hopefully so. Your absence has been noticed. Welcome back.

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to Punk Reaper)
Post #: 18
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 10:30:40 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Everyone,

We expect to make an announcement about Conflict of Heroes in the next couple of weeks and open a forum for discussion.

Regards,

- Erik

awesome - thankyou Erik

Post #: 19
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 10:37:29 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Everyone,

Regards,

- Erik

Excellent news..thats all I wanted. It was Eric and what a developer had said in another game forum where we put 2 and 2 together with regards to developer. I don't remember JD giving anything out any Info at all.

As for speculation...thanks for quoting me on a totally different game and forum by the way, would have been great if you then quoted my other posts on that forum thread which would put in context as to why I was worried. I can never understand the time and effort people take to quote people from other threads myself, probably to lazy.

I wasn't asking really for a forum but a description of the game. That was all. A description of the game leaves nothing then to speculate on. I just thought it was unusual for nothing to have been mentioned for so long. It's not like it was announced 6 months ago.

Also I see no harm in people speculating or talking about a game pre release...I mean what harm can it do really? Pretty much every game ever released has probably had some form of speculation before hand...I mean look at the latest speculation on the XCom turn based game...loads...also without speculation we'd have no websites like the excellent Rock Paper Shotgun...a website where you can speak your mind without fear of being jumped on from a great height. Plus they do alot of speculating and people seem to love it. If you've got people talking about the game than surely thats what you after...if no one is your probably in trouble.

Funny how some people can post a thread asking for some info on something and it go off without controversy yet someone else will and it then kind of feels as if they've asked for something unreasonable or trying to stir up a hornets nest.

Anyway again thanks Eric.

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/19/2012 11:04:52 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 10:58:06 PM   
Titanwarrior89

I must be missing something.  What is conflict of heroes?  Is that the Stalingrad?  If so, I thought that game was dead long ago.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 21
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 11:07:45 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Look here Titan and then get very excited because it is an adaption of the boardgame from what I understand. Man is there ever an opening for a squad based tactical system on computer. I am so stoked!

Check out the board game here;
Conflict of Heroes

Edit: Here are some pics of the board game version. I hope the counter art is done as well as the original.

mo reb

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 1/19/2012 11:13:26 PM >

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 22
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 11:08:04 PM   
wodin

Titan,

No it's the Academy games boardgame PC conversion that Matrix is publishing. They asked for testers last year. Funny you should mention that because the game you mentioned is the sort of thing that makes people speculate in a negative way I suppose. That and Combat Leader and Close Assault and Combined Arms, the track record for a squad level game by Matrix isn't shining bright..three so far either never will or very unlikely to see the light of day. Which is a shame as it's my favourite scale.

Post #: 23
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 11:22:32 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Too slow there wodin. Now take a look at I guess what is another module for the orig. board game. Let it sink in and then think of the possibilities.

mo reb

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 1/21/2012 7:41:38 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 24
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 11:40:28 PM   
JudgeDredd

Whatever wodin. I quoted you for one reason and one reason only - fact. I didn't want a little thing like "you said something like" to get in the way and have you jumping over me about my innacuracy - and it would hardly be appropriate to quote the entire bloody thread - would it?

I quoted to make the point - which was about speculation and your post (that particular post) in another forum was 100% relevant - I was pointing out how ANY post by a developer or tester can be taken and used in whatever manner the poster saw fit.

I guess it's back to business for us eh? Fine by me pal

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 25
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 11:41:09 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Thanks guys.  That is interesting.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

Post #: 26
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 11:47:51 PM   
Arctic Blast

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Look here Titan and then get very excited because it is an adaption of the boardgame from what I understand. Man is there ever an opening for a squad based tactical system on computer. I am so stoked!

Check out the board game here;
Conflict of Heroes

Edit: Here are some pics of the board game version. I hope the counter art is done as well as the original.

mo reb

I love the counter art in both games...they went for a different wargame minis look, rather than historical photos, and I think it really looks good and 'pops'.

Post #: 27
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/19/2012 11:48:46 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Judge and Wodin. Please take a few minutes to reflect on your own posts and try to be civil. Matrix games is one of the only forums I visit with any regularity because of its fine participants including both of you and not filled with flame wars. Let us keep it that way and concentrate our efforts supporting a hobby we ALL love.

PM's are perfect for settling disagreements.

mo reb

Post #: 28
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/20/2012 12:14:08 AM   
JudgeDredd

I wasn't aware of either of us were being uncivil

But don't worry yourself mo reb - I'm done here - had enough. The guy done exactly the same thing over at Wargamer - sniped - then we both get pulled when you try and clear things up. So I've had it. You can enjoy his company. I've had enough of his sniping and then having people tell me to calm tf down.

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

Post #: 29
RE: Conlict of heroes...Matrix? - 1/20/2012 8:58:49 AM   
wodin

I recieved a PM from Mo Reb aswell JD..

I suggest people read into our reactions and work out who has the issues...I sent mo reb a PM back saying fair enough though I didn't think I'd done anything wrong and was going to leave it at that...then we have the reaction above...which has a quick snipe in it with regards to me even though in one sentence he thought we where being civil and in the next more or less "sod him he sniped at me and now I get grief" which is a techinque thats been used alot yet I get accused of it. This is why i thought being quoted was a possible dig. Though I could have quoted him complaining about a distinct lack of customer contact and info from Matrix Games only the other day in the Matrix 2012 release thread. I more or less say the same and in fly the quotes. If you read my previous psost you wills ee I even stepped in to say it wasn't JD who did anything wrong with regards to NDA issues.

JD seems to have an inability to realise that just maybe he can come across as sniping (i.e the quote) whether that was his intention or not and instead of being civil and saying in a nice way sorry thats not how I meant it to be you you get a hostile reaction and a "I did nothing wrong it was him" sort of reaction.

I'd have kept my mouth shut (though I felt exactly the same way as JD says he does) and not said a word but JD had to come out with the post above oh and the one further up aswell, which is typical have a dig, get a reaction then step back and say I did nothing he started it..

Sorry Mo Reb..like I said I'd have left it at your PM...but as usual I end up getting drawn in as I feel I need to say my piece..though I should learn my lesson as normally it backfires.

For the very first time I can say I'm happy if JD refuses to acknowledge my presence as then this sort of thing doesn't happen..up until now I've always wanted to settle our differences and give it another go.

Again sorry to everyone..I also don't want a flame war. Just abit of info on CoH would have sufficed...which i got. SO I'm happy.

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/20/2012 9:22:14 AM >

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Conlict of heroes...Matrix? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI