Patch: When?

Combat Command is Boku Strategy Games World War II operational game. strategy games played warfare on a hex playing field with turn-based game play utilizing company-sized units. Game design aspects include turn phases, combat resolution, unit design, scenarios and artificial intelligence.

Moderator: Obsolete

Magpius

Patch: When?

Post by Magpius »

Okay, so now the response has been achieved, it's time for our motley band to keep up our post numbers, by asking...

....when?

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
Magpius

RE: Patch: When?

Post by Magpius »

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Yep, we need to keep the forum alive.

BTW, seems to me that with this game being fairly simple for modding and what not, that a campaign of some kind could be implemented in some form or fashion. Not being a programmer, I'm WAY over my head.

In some of my games it seems like I can see way to much of the enemy movement even with FOW in the high setting. What does Company Forgotten Few think? [;)]
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Agent S, thanks, I'm still laughing.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: sabre1

.......that a campaign of some kind could be implemented in some form or fashion.

In the scenario editor, use the largest possible map size. One side needs to advance from left to right all the way across the map.

sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Funny Joe, real funny. Kind of like what you are doing to me at Palermo. Of course it don't feel like a campaign to me, but you know the old saying, "Perception is reality."[;)]
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

So I humbly ask that all of us keep this forum alive and well. I don't care what we post as long as we keep it up, until we get a patch. Thanks!

The more I play this game, the more I like it for it's simplicity of play and learning.

Remember that star count, but a lot of these guys if you read the Combat Command in the general forum did beta testing for their stars. <G>

We are doing it the hard way. [:D]
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

My wish list is a manual that explains it all in a way that I can come to grips with what all is going on. I don't have the experience with board games or counters that you guys do. Combine that with things that turned out to be bugs and no wonder I was baffled.

I do like that this is company level. Sending a division to battle a division is just too abstract for me.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

My wish list is a manual that explains it all in a way that I can come to grips with what all is going on.

I feel the tutorial is very good.

Play as Allies against the AI controlled Axis

Fog of War "ON"

Where there are options set all to Automatic

PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

As has been mentioned elsewhere, if Michael is unable to work on the game and there are no plans to develop it further why not open the code for others to work on it?

Cheers
PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

My wish list is a manual that explains it all in a way that I can come to grips with what all is going on. I don't have the experience with board games or counters that you guys do. Combine that with things that turned out to be bugs and no wonder I was baffled.

I do like that this is company level. Sending a division to battle a division is just too abstract for me.

Coupled with not much useful feedback to explain what just happened [&:]

Cheers
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

My wish list is a manual that explains it all in a way that I can come to grips with what all is going on.

I feel the tutorial is very good.

Play as Allies against the AI controlled Axis

Fog of War "ON"

Where there are options set all to Automatic

Tutorial is much better than a lot of wargames I have "attempted" to learn. I was up and playing in no time. It is funny how some of us pick up games and they just click, while another stares helplessly at the screen wondering what the heck to do next. For me DW, WITP, COTA, are games I just can't wrap my pea brain around.

I still haven't learned PZCO, which I know you did a lot of work on J2D. I plan on learning it, just haven't spent the time. CCME, took me 20 minutes to grasp the mechanics. I suck at it, but it's not difficult to learn in my opinion, and 42 scenarios if I remember correctly of varying sizes. Sorry, I like the game so I just can't resist talking about it's elegance of play. It could be in my mind made stellar without a whole lot more work, but sadly I don't think that is going to happen. We will be lucky to get a patch fixing the withdrawal bug. Just to see if Slaakman is lurking, I think it's better than CCCOI. [;)]
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

ORIGINAL: PirateJock

As has been mentioned elsewhere, if Michael is unable to work on the game and there are no plans to develop it further why not open the code for others to work on it?

Cheers

A major +1 on that
No problem Chief!
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Yep, Max, game is to good to let die. I can't think of any games with this detail at Company level.

One would think we should hear something from Tim by the end of the week, or am I being unreasonable. How long should we wait before sending in support tickets again?
budd

Post by budd »

personally after how long it took I expected a little status note already, but maybe i'm being impatient..............Is that crickets i hear again?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

when?

Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

From the Info Update thread dated 19/1

I spoke with the programmer and he will be reviewing things this weekend. I will post a progress report next week when I am back from training.

Mike and I no longer have forum access from work.

Priority will be the withdraw bug.

Tim

So we'll see what happens over the next few days.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Yep!
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: Wolfe
Mike and I no longer have forum access from work.

Priority will be the withdraw bug.

Michael has been in touch with me. He confirmd no forum access from work.

I sent him the details of the withdrawl bug.

If anybody has other comments about withdrawl I'll send those too.

Joe
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Joe 98 thanks for the update on your contact with Michael - the next bit is in no way directed at you.

I assume no forum access from work doesn't mean no forum access at all.

We have been commenting on the Withdrawal bug for 6 month plus so if Michael isn't aware of the details of the problem, being both the games developer and from the lengthy prior posts on the issue, I would start to doubt the developers ability to fix the problem and continue to wonder why the problem wasn't spotted prior to it being released as an update of an existing game via Matrix.

Again Joe 98 the above is not aimed at you.

We wait to see what we hear direct from the developers this week.

P.S. If the developers haven't got forum access I'm sure the forum's moderator Obselete (who as moderator is bound to be viewing the forum on a regular basis) could keep us updated [:(]
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Return to “Combat Command Series”