beg or med for campaign game CLOSED

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

geofflambert

beg or med for campaign game CLOSED

Post by geofflambert »

I'm not a complete newbie but as I've only played against JAI, if you make me play as the Japanese that might be a bit of a handicap in your favor (I'd like to play a beginner so it's competitive, or someone a bit more experienced if I play the Allied side). As to rules, the only one I'm inclined to change from the default is the PP's. The normal setting seems a might too restrictive to the Allied side and I think a larger starting figure and perhaps a greater accrual rate may be called for. I'm willing to play with the default settings if you want to play the IJN. I have not formed an opinion on the PP issue in regards to the Japanese, but the default settings make it difficult to make strategic decisions and at the same time restrict your ability to make minute adjustments like who the commander is in a unit. I have not yet come up with a rationalization for this "political point" stuff. For instance, if the attack on Pearl Harbor did not give you enough PP's to make significant decisions (as the allied player), what in the heck would? Why would you be rewarded with PP's for making the decisions of an ignoramous subsequently? Anyways lots of people are smarter than me and I'm willing to go with what the designers thought was appropriate.
I'd like to play a campaign game (though I would just a soon skip December 7) but I'm looking for a learning experience and am OK with termination once the outcome is obvious or sooner if you've made more mistakes than you can live with. Also, if you're a beginner and have questions in the course of the game, ask me, if I know the answer I will tell you. Beware, maybe half the time I know what I'm doing, the other half I think I know what I'm doing. (do not read A Priori I think you're a sucker, I just want to have some fun).

Return to “Opponents Wanted”