Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

question for matrix games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> question for matrix games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
question for matrix games - 1/12/2012 10:50:44 AM   
phoenix

If anyone working for matrix is reading, then can we get an idea of when (1) patch 3 will be released, for BFTB, please? (2) When the HTTR add-on will be released.

Are we dealing with weeks, or next week?

Patch 3 would be more urgent for me, as some scenarios are now unplayable because a hot fix won't work unless patch 3 is installed.

Thanks so much.
Post #: 1
RE: question for matrix games - 1/12/2012 11:01:41 AM   
wodin

Where back to this again, and as far as I can see the pre holiday release schedule is over which was the reason for the previous patch delays.

I still feel strongly that BftB being at one time one of the most expensive wargames on here should be a No1 priority over games like Distant Worlds for instance (which seems to get lots of updates and add ons all the time, maybe because it's a bigger seller...who knows).

Hopefully it's out next week as it's the coming towards mid Jan now and they holiday season is well over.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 2
RE: question for matrix games - 1/12/2012 11:12:15 AM   
oldspec4

quote:

ORIGINAL: phoenix

If anyone working for matrix is reading, then can we get an idea of when (1) patch 3 will be released, for BFTB, please? (2) When the HTTR add-on will be released.

Are we dealing with weeks, or next week?

Patch 3 would be more urgent for me, as some scenarios are now unplayable because a hot fix won't work unless patch 3 is installed.

Thanks so much.

+1

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 3
RE: question for matrix games - 1/12/2012 11:43:56 AM   
GBS

And Matrix "don't say nothin".

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 4
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 8:38:32 AM   
phoenix

I guess they don't come here...

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 5
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 9:24:32 AM   
sweeteye

It has been said patience is a virtue... Hang in there....
Old bugs will be squished and new ones will take there place....
I'm half afraid to work on any new projects for fear they may be rendered inoperable by updates....Not just with this game but most of the military games and flight simulators I enjoy...Might as well vent a bit while I am at it....One thing that bothers me is the trend in PC gaming towards turning updates and addons into something that must be paid for to use....Also the trend towards internet activation for games,sometimes even the number of activations being limited.I am ready to go back in time ten years and just work with the PC games I have that are outdated and no longer are being updated or need internet activation......Also not being allowed to install the games on more than one computer even though the PCs are in my own home.I really do not see myself purchasing much in the way of new titles anymore...Now that I think about all this I believe I am going to just get away from the PC altogether and get out the the old table top wargames with cardboard counters, gameboards and dice... far fewer headaches..

< Message edited by sweeteye -- 1/13/2012 9:59:17 AM >

Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 6
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 12:35:21 PM   
Arjuna

Erik is back on deck today and advised me that the HTTR Ex Pack is scheduled for a Jan 26 release.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to sweeteye)
Post #: 7
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 1:59:49 PM   
phoenix

Thanks Dave. Patch 3 coming with that, or before?

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 8
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 2:54:29 PM   
GBS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Erik is back on deck today and advised me that the HTTR Ex Pack is scheduled for a Jan 26 release.

Two weeks.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 9
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 3:17:01 PM   
wodin

sweeteye...you will be a loss to the little community here. Please think about it before making any decisions. Once this expansion is out I feel that the work will be more or less complete as far as BftB goes and I doubt more than one other patch will be released just to tidy up abit. RDOA,HTTR and CotA all came to an end with regards to patches so the same will happen here. I think Dave more than most developers out there wants his software to run perfectly and probably hates the thought of leaving it with known bugs. Check out Tigers Unleashed for an unfinished,rushed bug ridden mess that at the moment has ruined an amazing concept that could have been wargame gold the more patches with that the better. I'm certain if it had been a Panther game it wouldn't have been released for another year and it would have been all the better for it, oh Dave please do a squad level game while were at it!

I expect the patch will be released with the Expansion though again it should be released now as the scenarios have errors and we need the patch to fix them..

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 10
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 4:23:50 PM   
pcelt

Re HTTR Pack-------glad a date has now been promised --but has a cost now been decided ?
Thanks
PS --Been waiting a while for this date and and of course- sods law--it has to coincide with a very nasty dental appointment.
I have discovered over the years that life is very good at providing unpleasant antidotes to much anticipated pleasures........

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 11
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 4:42:34 PM   
simovitch

The patch #3 has to be released by Matrix before or concurrent with the HTTR Ex Pack, otherwise the HTTR scenarios won't run. Matrix knows this.

And Don't worry, Patch #3 will be free and you should get it whether you purchase HTTR pack or not.

simovitch

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 12
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 5:58:58 PM   
sweeteye

sorry about my post above....it is a bit off topic...I am just frustrated because some other games I have need to be updated and I can see a hundred dollars slipping away to update. Also in response to wodin ... would not completely give up this game.... it is too good!!!

< Message edited by sweeteye -- 1/13/2012 6:04:55 PM >

Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 13
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 9:38:00 PM   
phoenix

Thanks Simovitch. But why can't I have patch 3 now - so we can get on with playing what we have got already in its best state? Can Matrix say when they will release patch 3?

(in reply to sweeteye)
Post #: 14
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 10:42:20 PM   
Deathtreader

Thanks Dave and Richard for the info above...........

Another question or 2:

Did all the late-breaking items make it into patch 3?? Things like the scenario changes Richard was alluding to and the supply bug that was recently discovered etc. etc.

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 15
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 11:03:11 PM   
Arjuna

Matrix have just finished building the installer for patch #3. This does include the modified scenarios. We will test this now and sign off asap. Then Matrix will make it available for public download.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Deathtreader)
Post #: 16
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 11:18:09 PM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: pcelt

Re HTTR Pack-------glad a date has now been promised --but has a cost now been decided ?
Thanks
PS --Been waiting a while for this date and and of course- sods law--it has to coincide with a very nasty dental appointment.
I have discovered over the years that life is very good at providing unpleasant antidotes to much anticipated pleasures........

I am equally interested in the cost of this expansion...keeping fingers crossed it is reasonable. It would seem like the price should be known now if we are two weeks away...hopefully that is not a sign they don't think we will handle the price very well:(

(in reply to pcelt)
Post #: 17
RE: question for matrix games - 1/13/2012 11:22:04 PM   
phoenix

Thanks Dave.

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 18
RE: question for matrix games - 1/14/2012 3:34:36 AM   
wodin

Just curious how much are people willing to pay for the HTTR pack?

I know they've been redone for this game but I myself wouldn't pay as much as I would if they had covered another battle than one that hasn't already been covered to two previous games'

If they had been totally new battles not seen before I'd pay £20 as they have been seen before ( yes I know they have been redone etc etc) I'd pay £10. This price is bearing in mind there are new actual new features in the pack just new scenarios. Obviously if new features had been included I'd have paid more.

My guess is the pack will be around $25 which is what around £15.99.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 19
RE: question for matrix games - 1/14/2012 9:33:37 AM   
phoenix

£30 would be fine for me. Though I think, given it's a reiteraton (with some new scenarios - or, at least, one new scenario) that around £20 would be fair. £10? That's too low. I want it though, so I'll no doubt pay what they ask, even if it's £50. Can't see them going that high though. I reckon it will be about £20, or $30.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 20
RE: question for matrix games - 1/14/2012 11:24:26 AM   
JiminyJickers

Sweet, thanks Dave.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 21
RE: question for matrix games - 1/14/2012 1:02:59 PM   
Grim.Reaper

Price is an interesting topic. I know you can't always compare prices against other games, but if you look at Matrix's other games that does expansions like Distant Worlds and Field of Glory, aren't those no more than $24.99 and Distant World expansions offer a ton of new game play features. I believe Field of Glory expansions add additional units and battles and around $19.99. Therefore, even regardless of those prices, I would think the price of this expansion would have to be $19.99 or less. Any more than that, I will have to think hard before buying it and likely wouldn't. A lot of us paid premium price when the base game came out so hopefully we don't have to pay a premium price for expansions too.

(in reply to JiminyJickers)
Post #: 22
RE: question for matrix games - 1/14/2012 3:17:32 PM   
wodin

phoenix £30! For some new scenarios, with no new gameplay features? Thats nearly the price of a full game! If FoG are selling a similar thing for $19.99 than that should be the price which is around £13, which sounds fine to me.

If the price is £30 expect an outcry similar to when the game was released, also expect very few copies sold I'm afraid. Though I'm sure it will be around £19.99 which is £13, even I will buy for that and I wasn't going to bother.

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/14/2012 3:18:09 PM >

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> question for matrix games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI