Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AAR with Advisors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: AAR with Advisors Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/16/2012 8:57:53 AM   
Tomatoes

******Incoming Transmission******

Codename: Tomatoes
Current Status: Classified
Mission: Classified

I apoligise for my lateness in submitting my report...

I have been busy trying to recuit some intellegence agents for our empire.

I have aprised myself with the current situation to the best of my means.

I will be able to review anything I may have missed when I return. This is expected to be within the next 8 hours.

I would like you to talk with the Diplomatic advisors.

We need to seek a peaceful agreement with the teekans. At this time this seems like a strong move as I have been to meet the Teekan Guilds and being fellow "rodents" they are quite friendly if not a little stupid. This can be worked to our advantage as we can be the major of the 2 powers in an alliance.

I have also had the joy of meeting the Wekkaus.....

These people appear peaceful however my agents and contacts tell me they are not to be trusted.

The Wekkaus need to be approached with a little more cation. I would prefer if we didnt trade military techs with them for the time being. (unless its laser as with their wave tech this is useless)

As I said earlier I have not fully been aprised with the current situation on our homeworld as it has been a while since I have been there.

I would like to meet our current leader so I can judge his value to the empire.

I would also like to see which of the agents I have asked to report in have.

I do have some orders for my agents when you see them.

I want our intelligence agents to go on a 1 year mission to steal the territory map of the Wekkaus

As I said before I do not trust their kind and want to know where they are.

after this we may want to look into an operational map to see what they are planning but this is dependant on the agents abilites.

Any of these egg head sceintist reports in.

I suggest he gets transferred to the staion fit for his field.

However I ask you keep them close to the homeworld as they are easily killed on a fragile research base.

Upgrading the research potential at our homeworld starbase would provide a safe science enviroment but I leave that to your other planners.

Finnaly. I am still unsure on the latest of our personal in the fleet admiralty and the troop generals.

I would ask that if any have reported in.....and I hope they have. Our best admiral should be assigned to the 2nd fleet. For 2 ships to have that firepower they deserve the best commander we can afford.

I want the first fleet to have our 2nd best commander.

I can judge these charcters but in my communications I have received so far I have not seen this. (Might by my faulty transmitter.

Any troop general with defence or recuitment abilites must be at our homeworld. This is for both those reasons.

Any offensive general (im not talking in the way of old Lt Commander Crax who used to punch every alien he met) but ones that can command our troops in battle should be assigned to the first fleet with dedicated troop transports.

I should be back soon..

Tomatoes Out......

*****END TRANSMISSION*****

10,000,000 megabit encryption activated...

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 31
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/16/2012 3:29:43 PM   
J HG T

*Queus "Under a Red Sky" to get in the mood*

//RPGing on

To the leader of The Matrix Empire.

Interesting times; We've met three alien species. Well, two, as these so called "Ancient Guardians" seem to be some kind of highly advanced race of AIs, which puts them apart from other, more primitive races we met.
I've compiled a report on each of these races and how we should interact with them.

The Ancient Guardians:
This race of highly advanced and intelligent machines seem to match desciptions in historical archives; Apparently The Ancient Guardians have taken part in Galactic events in the past by various means. They are seemingly neutral and keepers of ancient technologies and information they deem too dangerous to be spreaded around. Still, they seem to have some liking for use due to our relatively peaceful nature and way of pursuing knowledge in the galaxy.
There are some hints to their origin but nothing solid. The most plausible theory is that they are constructs of some old precursor race. The precursors probably build Guardians to protect younger races they deemed worthy of surviving, and to guard their legacy of information and technology.
If the reports are true, The Ancients are extemely powerful due to their technology, immense knowledge and abudant resources. Attacking them would be futile and downright stupid.

Threat level: None to Extreme. If angered.
Recommended course of action: Stay neutral. Observe behavior. Don't offend in any way.

The Wekkarus:
Wekkarus are underwater creatures of solitude. They are skilled miners and traders. They also posses some kind of wave-beam cannons that show marks of underwater technology being used as a base for this mighty weapon.
They don't seem to care much about us and wan't to be left alone if possible. They aren't exactly distrustful or hostile, but they seem to be very reserved when dealing with other races.
They could be good allies, but gaining their trust would be very difficult. Also, The Teekans, which I will speak of soon, seem to be much more interested in cooperation with us, making Wekkarus a low-priority regarding diplomacy.

Threat level: None to average. They aren't notably more more advanced than us and they also prefer peaceful life.
Recommended course of action: Stay neutral. Observe behavior and expansion. Try to locate their empire. Do not change any information with them.

The Teekans:
I get the feeling from these guys that we are going come along just nicely; They are physically very similar to us, apart from the odd third eye and smaller size. Thet live mainly on desert planets, are tribal in nature and love bartering and trading. They are somewhat untidy due to their busy life that involves salvaging, repairing, using and/or trading anything possible.
They aren't militaristic in nature and are somewhat underveloped in regards of technology.
They are vey loyal to each other, side-effect of tribal life, and should make for excellent trading partners, or even allies, in the future.

Threat level: None to low.
Recommended course of action: Try to locate their empire. Form a free trade agreement when possible. Exchange territory maps so that trading can be done most efficiently. Sell them some outdated tech when we are clearly superior to them in regars of technology to boost relationships and gain some extra credits.

As a side note, those ancient ships we salvaged bear similarities to the Guardian technology. They may have something to do with the Guardians shady past, but I won't jump in to conclusions until we have more information. I'm sure we'll learn more when we delve deeper in the Galaxys history.

Leading diplomat of The Matrix Empire
J HG T

//RPGing off

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to Tomatoes)
Post #: 32
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/16/2012 9:19:40 PM   
Modest

>>>>> Research Planing Athorities <<<<<

Afther vieving our last report few times, I had come to a plan for our next steeps with technology progres. As a chief scientist I am quite happy about our research output, and number of labolatory stations. This is definietly sufficient amount... For now. But it would be very stupid to think that this will be sufficient in the future. Actually we are progressing extremly fast, and this is what I have to ask our Resource Minister to built another research station. This Energy Research Station should be located just above planet Dantuueni 22. It is important, because it will give us quite big bonus to Energy research, which is exacly 13%. Not to mention those additional laboratories which are present on every station - wheter with scientifical bonuses or not.

Also the report about potencial scientifically tempting planet Roon which is in the east from our homesystem is very interesting, but also a bit disturbing. Let me explain Your Majesty... This planet, at the begining or Your report was giving a potencial bonus up to 24%! This is just enormus bonus, which is not ofthen seen on a planets! Unfortunatly, when You presented again possible scientifically interesting locations, this planet was no longer there. Insted there was another planet, about which I already spokened earlier. The question is, what happened to planet Roon? Is it possible that somebody built there research station before us? That would be unacceptable! Or maybe just one of our constructing officers just forgot to report that he is building there Labolatory Base? Well, whichever outcome is true, I would like to investigate this matter. Especially when it is possible that other civilisation is expanding under our noses.

Moreover, I know that I am repeting myself, but I would like to reccomend to sacrafice few of those new ships which we were fortunat to find in ancient testing zones. An I am not talking about the big ones, but about those smalest and weakest... Just frigates. They are nothing compared to bigger one, but it's technology is still worth very much. I hope that our Chief of Military will agree on my behalf.

Now... About the research plan for our glorious empire... Because we made recently contact with to other, alien civilisations I will start with planning our weapons development.

Naturaly, our first objective is to finish our Enhenced Armor research. This is top priority now, as we may be not sure what will happen, and despite our Foreign Minister's assurances that none of them is a threat I still would like to be prepared for worst. Not that I do not put my trust in our Diplomatic Wings... Oh, no! I trust them completly. But I also want to trust our army to be able stop any invaders and take fight to their land... But, to the poind. We have absolutly superior shields, but our armor is the worst of possible. It is quite primitive I would say... Normaly I would not bother about that, but our scientists from Weapon Testing Facility are saying that they comfirmd my worst nightmare - they were able to create first theoretical model of weapon which is able to penetrate any type of shielding. But fortunatly simple armor is capable to withstand few projectile. This is why I find complining armor research so important.
Once we invent Enhenced Armor, we should go to Light Torpedo Bombers. They will increase firepower of our current bombers, and may give us upper hand in destroying potencially dangerous space ports, starbases and even weapons platforms orbiting aroud planet. It is typically offensive weapon.
Afther upgrading our bombers our interest should not move far evey - as we may upgrade our fighters us well, by succesfully inventing and constructing Light Interceptors. This would help a lot if potencial enemy (I don't want to show by finger) will decide to use his bombers against our invrastructure and military ships. Hopfully they are our best bet in shooting down other fighters and bombers.
But all those new bombers and fighters actually are not giving us nothing if we will be unable to build a ship capable of transporting them over large distance. Of course we can put one fighter bay on destroyer, which by the way is not a bad idea. But still it will give us only two fighters and two bombers per destroyer. That is not eoung in my opinion. I would like to give our Military Minister something more. That is why our next research goal will be Tactical Interceptors. Important note is that afther achiving such advanced level, I think that we will be able to build a ship which will be dedicated to transport smaller crafts right into a battle. They hopefully will be able to bring far more interceptors and bombers than few destroyers would. This tactic is called in our history a "Trolololo" and it proven to be quite succesfull. At least on our planet with use of aircraft carriers and fighters and bombers it was succesfull. We estimate that at space it will also be the same.
Afther we will master the use of Dedicated Carriers, it will come time to improve our normal weaponary. Our current torpedos are really good weapons, with high damage and decend range. But still I think that we may improve them to be either faster with better range, or slower and with shorter range, but with far more damage. If our Military Minister will not agree with my recomendation on this matter, then let him change my decision - afther all he is expert of warfare, not me, but I personally think that better choise in this situation will be to increase damage of our torpedos. That is why I am puting High Energy Cohesion next on our list. And this is everything what I have to say about our weapons research.

Now let's move to Energy Research.

Well, here our situation is quite backward, comparring to weapons and hi-tech branches. It is time to start changing it I say! Of course our first goal is to finish Component Prefabricators Thank to this simple improvment we will be able to build much bigger ships in our Space Ports. Their maximum size will be changed from 230 Zenoxons to 300 Zenoxons. And that really make a difrence!
Afther that we should change our reactors to a better ones. And heare is difficult choise. On one hand we can develop reactors that are using hydrogen insted of calson, but are not giving us to much energy (still more that our current ones). But on the other hand we can invent reactors which will give us much more energy, but will be still using old "good" calson. Because we are planing using torpedos, which are "eating" a lot of energy we will need those that can produce it more. And that means that we will research Quantium Exploitation.
Our next objectiwe when comes to Energy Research is to make our ships better at tactical maneuvering. Right now they are quite slow when they are going out of hyperspace. We can make them a bit faster by ading more engines and by upgrating them. Why not make both? All that is needed is to research Enhanced Engines. Also we have to make them turning a bit faster if we are going to built bigger ships. For this reason I will put next on our scientific list very simmilar invention - Enhenced Maneuvering
There is also possibility to disterb enemy ships movments by jamming theirs hyperdrives - that will make sure that enemys will not run away when damaged or loosing battle. But it is not something that we really need right now. So I will ask our Military Minister about his opinion on this matter. Would you prefer to have first better hyperspace jumping technology? Or would You like to have the ability to stop enemy from running away? This one is absolutly Your decision.
And with this I will end my Energy Research report.

Now it is time for our most advancet branch - Hi-Tech.

Well, of course our best bet is to firstly finish Enhanced Research. Afther that our space labolatories will be giving us a bit more scientific output. But it isn't the best part of it. The best is the fact that we will be able to built huge Hi-Tech research labolatory on one of our planet. This project will double or empire-wide Hi-Tech research potential, and hopefully inkres colony development. I strongly suggest to built it on our home planet ASAP.We may not let anyone be before us. Not with this one!
Our second point will be inventing two very similar, but completly opposit systems, that will help us in any potential space combat. First is Target Tracking which help us... Well, it help us hit our target and not miss. Second is Contermeasures that does opposite - make enemy to not hit us. Simple, right?
Ofcourse war isn't only about ships, weapons and fighting. Far more important side of war can be seen on everybody backyard. There must be someone that will pay for big and strong war machine and it's maitandance. And we, in Research Ministery are trying to master more efficient way of governing each ship. Our calculations are saying that a better constructed, more efficient command station can cut the maitandance cost by few percent. It is not much, but as our fleets starts growing, then also benefits of this smal percents also start to be visible. That is why we must invent Coordinated Control.
Secondly to that, it would be good to help our traders to buy and sell resources in more efficient way. I pressume that simple informational terminal that would be connected to every other one in our territory could help a lot. Imagine - You do not need to ask planet athorities and other traders about supply and demand... You just have simple terminal right on planetary Space Port and even Your own ship and there You can chek every planet just in few second and calculate possible income. Of course our great empire would get a small percent from every transaction formed with help of this device. That is why I think our next goal will be Enhenced Commerce.
And again, at the very end of our technology planing we stay in front of other dilema. This one is addresed to our Resource Minister Theluin. I estimated that it would be good to finally research Continental Colonisation, and afther this Desert Colonisation. BUT! But there is another, very tempting possibility... We may before taking care of our colonisation technology, take care of our income. If we would manage to make plans for Open Trade Network and then build it on our capital planet... Well, we would be able to even duble our income. So I would ask You for Your opinion in this one - to put it before colonisation technology and risk that somebody will colonise some good desert planets before us, or do you prefer to colonise desert planet faster and risk that somebody will built Open Trade Network before we do it?

That is all I wanted to report. I hope also that this new system of sending messages with highlighted named of technology will be better than the one which I was using last time. Thank you for listening. Tommorow evening our Military Research Staff will provide You with proposision of our new military ships and will wait for Military Ministry's approval, or disapproval - or corrections.

With Regards
Research Expert and Chief Scientist
Modest

< Message edited by Modest -- 1/17/2012 12:48:50 AM >

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 33
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/16/2012 10:27:30 PM   
idjester

//RPGing On

I have just received our monthly guide to the galaxy from The Galactic Council and I find this report most disturbing. How can we be last in every single category? This is totally unacceptable. How can this report even be accurate? How do these boneheaded nitwits decided to position our great empire below that of the squidmen? This is totally unacceptable and I tell you someone is going to pay for this.

(Yells Out)Ö. Miss Everlast come into my office immediately, I have an urgent memo that you need to send to all of our office throughout the empire. This needs to be transmitted and retransmitted to make sure they get it. I don't want them to have any excuses.

Dear Head of State;

You have been most diligent in your duties in your respective office in helping to advise in all aspects of our empire, but there are some within your divisions that are not helping and infact have hurt our precious empire achieve our goals. Root out those individuals and fire them immediately because they are giving your office a bad name. I need, no scratch that, I require and expect perfection for all offices within our empire and although our chief advisors are doing their jobs very well some of their subordinates are seeking to undermine their authority.

I would advise you to look at your supervisors and management positions to find those within your departments that are causing your downfall because if they fail you then they fail all of us. I want those individuals found and removed from their posts immediately. Assume that everyone is against you until such time as they prove their loyalty to the empire, and even when they prove their loyalty challenge them again, and again to make sure they can be trusted.

This is a warning for you, and I will make it as simple as I can. There are many within our ranks that can't be trusted, they are giving you bad information that you are passing on to our office. I am not sure if the enemy has infiltrated all offices but our empire is on the verge of collapse.

I have included the Intergalactic Intelligence report for you to view and you will see that our great empire is shown last among all of the known races. Even the squidmen have a greater civilization then us, and you know that is unacceptable. I have checked and re-checked this report and infact the outcome is the same.

As you know gentlemen, this is intolerable. We will not be beaten but some fishy smelling monsters, and a race of inferior rodents that have been genetically altered by radiation. I would advise you to find those within your divisions that go against us and remove them from their positions. Even our new characters that have risen up the ranks are showing inferior skills and abilities. We have a fleet admiral in charge of one of the most important fleets in the known galaxy who couldnít keep a toy battleship afloat in my bathtub.

Gentlemen, being in charge of your own division, I have given you great responsibility, and with great responsibility comes a great obligation to your duties. Make sure that your obligation to our empire is above reproach and those below you are doing the same.

All decisions that come to my office in the short term will be taken with great apprehension until the trust within your office has been restored, and in the advent of further demise within our galactic empire heads will roll. I would advise you to make sure that head is not your own.

With Great Respect;

Your Galactic Leader

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by idjester -- 1/17/2012 1:05:21 AM >

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 34
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/17/2012 7:41:30 AM   
J HG T

//RPIng on

*Fiddless with sturdy looking energy pistol while sipping unknown, black, steaming drink*

Perfection is an illusion my Lord, but your point is still fully understood.
I'll leave the specifics to our commander-in-chief, but if needs must, the Wekkarus could be... decimated in some point of the future if they prove to be possible danger to our empire.
Though our empire has always valued peace and cooperation, I can understand the need to suppress some other races that have possibility to become major threat to our empires prosperity and existence.

Teekans economic superiority should not come as a surprise; Their society is that of a Merchantile Guild, which means that even their younglings are capable in the ways of trade and business. Their whole empire is pretty much just one big enterprise.

My latest reports and suggestions still apply. I leave preparations for possible war to our C-I-C, though I'd vote heavily against such actions at this point; We need to build our strength some more if we are to go the path of war.

One last thing: I'd keep Ancient Guardians in mind if we are to considering the possibility of wars; They seem to be observing everybody very closely, and showing tendencies to aggressive expansion and milititaristic conquest could have unknown effects to their attitude towards us.

Leading diplomat of The Matrix Empire.
J HG T

//RPGing off.

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 35
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/17/2012 12:31:20 PM   
Kalthaniell

>>>>>>>>> Matrix Empire High Command<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>Commander-in-Chief of the HMR J.T.F.<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>> To the Matrix Empire Leader<<<<<<<<<<

In the light of recent events the military High Command of our Empire decided some actions are to be taken immediately.

I. Due to the expansion of our empireís borders and acquisition of new mining outpost in resource rich systems far from the core world of Daloria Trakea, our Fast response ships are to be upgraded and increased in number. This is to be done immediately and with the highest priority. As we feared, pirates exist in space, and (not to tell you ĖI told you so..) they in fact ARE huge dinosaurs with lasers. We need tougher escorts to quickly take them down.

What needs to be done:
Our escort are to be re-designed.
Use our old escort as a base (copy the design as new);
Upgrade to current technology;
Remove all weapons;
Add one most advanced beam weapon we have;
Add one most advanced torpedo we have;
Add one additional shield generator;
Done; Suggested design name: ĎGuardian Ií
Build 25 new escorts. Yes, that much. Leave the old ones as they are.

II. The Pirate thereat is to be eliminated immediately and their world taken over. We know the location of the first pirate base we donít know where the dinosaurs are hiding. Yet.

What needs to be done:
First fleet is to be refueled and sent to destroy the pirate base.
Build a gas mining station in itís place. Play victory song. Give promotions. Our fleet admiral should be promoted for this glorious victory to command the second fleet. Or push some paperwork. Somewhere far. Very far. And possibly dangerous.

As soon as the second base is located it is to be destroyed in the same manner.

III. Our ship capitans noticed something interesting while fighting the pirate ships. They use the same weapons we know Wekkarus use. This is to be investigated by our inteligence agent. But considering the Lead Diplomatís notes on that race we will be preparing for war or an preemptive strike.

What needs to be done:
Destroyers designs are to be upgraded to the latest technology.
10 destroyers are to be built and joined to Fleet Two;
Make that Fleet One if the latter is commanded by our glorius Fleet admiral;
The Fleet is to be refueled and positioned in our system that is the closest
to the Wekkarus system (as soon as we know which one is it);
The Fleet is to sit there and be ready to respond to any and all acts of aggression;

IV. Following the Lead Scientistís recommendation the smallest ships which we found should be sent to the nearest shipyard and researched for tech. We are not too happy about that but we recognize the need for sacrificing some big guns to get many uber big guns of death.

What needs to be done:
The frigates from the 1st and 2nd Fleets are to be retired at the nearest shipyards;

That is all for now regarding the military modernization and movements. Also Iíd like to ask our Lead Scientist to invest in construction technology so we can have bigger ships that can sport the new fighter bays or some heavy weaponry. We also saw the rail gun commercial on the rodentnet, and we like them a lot. Is it true that we can get two in price of one if we buy now?

Commander-in Chief of HMR Joint Task Force
Kalthaniell

< Message edited by Kalthaniell -- 1/17/2012 12:35:13 PM >

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 36
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/17/2012 9:30:37 PM   
idjester

Video 5 and 6 uploading tonight so watch for the link. Video 5 is mostly overview and changes you guys implemented. Video 6 is more gameplay and some situational overview for you to analyize.

When finished uploading then they will be posted below or goto my youtube account and look for them there.

Lots of exciting and interesting things happening in these videos... (Sorry Modest, played out these videos before I got your post, hopefully we can update in next video).

Just wait until you see what our galaxy looks like at the end of episode 5, all I can say is interesting, interesting, interesting....

Enjoy them.....

Your esteem leader

Matrix Empire Part5

Matrix Empire Part 6

< Message edited by idjester -- 1/18/2012 3:23:06 AM >

(in reply to Kalthaniell)
Post #: 37
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/17/2012 10:37:57 PM   
Modest

/\/\/\/\/\ Ministery of Military Research /\/\/\/\/\

As promised yesterday by our Research Planing Athorities, today we are presenting You totaly new design for frigates and destroyers. We had a plan to present also new escort design, but we see that our Military Minister already gave his own proposition. But first of all, I propose to turn of ship design automatitio. From now on Science Minister will try to prowide You better design for our army. Of course, Military Minister has more athority about that and that is why every new design will need his approval or corection.
Also I would like to point fact that my research in military branch was putting attention mostly, if not absolutly on those kind of weapons which are both high damage and long range. This is the reason why in our design proposision ships have as a weapons only torpedos and fighters.

Following desing are also ment to be build afther we will invent Component Prefabricators - that is 300 Zenoxons.

1. Frigate

One Command Center
One Thrust Vector
One Energy Collector
One Greax Hyper Drive
One Fission Reactor
Three Megatron Z4 (shields)
Three Habitation Modules
Three Life Support Systems
Four Enhanced Armor (or any other type of armor)
Four Fuel Cells
Five Epsilion Torpedo
Eight Proton Thrusters

2. Destroyer
One Command Center
One Thrust Vector
One Energy Collector
One Greax Hyper Drive
One Fission Reactor
One Standard Fighter Bay
Three Megatron Z4 (shields)
Three Habitation Modules
Four Fuel Cells
Five Epsilion Torpedo
Eight Proton Thrusters
If any space left, add few shields and armors.

To be more precise, I will point out that only diference betwen Frigate and Destroyer (beside eventual additional shields and/or armors plating) is that the Destroyer is equiped with Fighter Bays, so it can preform Trolololo tactics. The reason of doing that is simple - frigate is usually use for defending important places. It must be mobile but unlike escort - it also must be strong. Destroyers on the other hand are mainly offencive ships. It is good if they are mobile, but most important is to have the possibility of striking enemy with as little looses on our side as possible. Fighters and bombers give us this ability. It is also best weapons in regards to it's range.

Military Research Ministry would like also to give some changes to the current research plan, as our respond for latest report from Military Ministry. Unfortunatly those changes must wait to the moment that I will take a look on latest report from our glorious leader.

I am writing to personaly thank our Commander-in-Chief of the HMR J.T.F. for Your permision to dismount all the frigates that we found. I am hoping that our researchers will find them interesting. Also I would like to assure You, that afther some changes in our current research program, You will for sure get not only bigger ships than 300 Zenoxons, but also a new shiny set of rail guns. Moreover we are thinking about some ships which could be able to ressuply Your entire fleets even far away from our gas mining station. But this is only theoretical thinking for now.

As for our great leader's report about bed shape of our empire, I can only tell that numbers will not say us everything. For example Wekkarus have stronger fleet than we do. But we must remember that actualy up to this moment we actually didn't have any fleet at all. Those escorts? It is more like militia - to keep order and fend of smaller threats. Now that real threat has showed up, our Military Officers and Generals, and even Commander-in Chief of HMR Joint Task Force have requested building far more potent ships, and in greater numbers. The only disturbing part actually is the fact that they have more planets than we do. But even with this - they are colonising ocean planet, that are far more common than Marsh Swamp and Continental putten together - but also far infirior in it's quality. I am pretty sure that soon this report will showe us in better light. As for potential traitors among my scientist... Well, actually I need some new guinea pigs, and they could take their place.

With Regards
Modest

< Message edited by Modest -- 1/17/2012 10:42:05 PM >

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 38
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/18/2012 12:11:30 PM   
Kalthaniell

>>>>>Regarding Designs<<<<<<<

I really like the Frigate and the Destroyer designs. Torpedoes are big enough guns to grind us some toads and prawns if the need be. The shielding could be improved though. Only 3 shield generators seems a bit weak for a destroyer. They are meant to soak some damage in a bigger fight.

I like the Escort Elite as well. Some might say they are a bit over equipped for their class, but I certainly don't mind investing more in the military :P

>>>>Regarding Political Developments<<<<

The toads must die. No argument there. The light green prawns can be moved down the menu to the second dish section. We will deal with them latter. I must say I was really happy with our Empire Leader's situational analysis regarding the alliance with the little brown rats and the blue guys attacking the pink guys and the pink guys attacking the blue guys xD Not sure what to make out about the new races that just appeared on our radar. Iíll wait for the Lead Diplomatís report. One thing I can see already though- they are pushing hard for our territory. If we wonít act quickly they will probably steal our colonies.

>>>>>Regarding Colonization<<<<<

I noticed there are a few potential colonies around. We need to get them all ASAP. Other Empires cannot be there first. Make no mistake, they are probably already on their way. Sadly our colony ships canít be built faster. But I know a way to speed up the process.

What needs to be done:
Load the first fleet with troops;
Locate the marshy swamp planet in the sector A4;
The one with the potatoeheads natives;
INVADE AND ENSLAVE;
Easy as pie, two colonies in time of one.
And potatoes are cheaper on our home planet for a month or two..

>>>>>Reminder<<<<<<

Please donít forget about the destroyers Fast Response fleet. Also due to the rapid expansion of our empire I suggest implementing the second tier of the internal defense system Ė building destroyers and sending 3-4 to each colony system and leaving them on auto. This is important. Escorts wonít be able to travel from one border system to another without refueling. It will be pricy, I know, but if it will not be done, there is going to be a heavy price to pay. I donít think we can afford rebuilding our mining stations over and over after pirate attacks.

C-i-C of HMR J.T.F.
Kalthaniell

< Message edited by Kalthaniell -- 1/18/2012 12:14:12 PM >

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 39
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/18/2012 2:49:23 PM   
J HG T

//RPGing on

To the Leader of The Matrix Empire

Seems like The Galaxy ain't so empty place afterall. We've met Humans, Kiadians, Quamenos and... if I'm looking at the right texts... Atuuks.
We're lucky to be located away from the majority of other races in The Galaxy. That should give us clear advantage in the inevitable race for colonizable worlds and resources.

Reports on new races:

Humans:
Humans are your jack-of-all-trades humanoids. They are able to adapt to all kinds of conditions and are relatively good in science, military and economy. Their natural curiosity makes them quite skilled researchers and spies.
Humans seem to have reputation of being generally trustworthy, but can also be surprisingly ruthless to their enemies.

Threat level: None to low. We don't know much about them yet.
Recommended course of action: Stay neutral. Do some trading if seems fit; We are not fighting over same space so trading should be beneficial in more ways than one. Try to get territory maps when possible, to figure out power balance of known races.

Kiadians:
Firstly, it's so very nice to meet relatives. It's been odd to live as minority amongst Zenox, and working as a Diplomatic Advisor for a race that is so different from yours has been... mildly disturbing.
Anyways, Kiadians are another humanoid race, somewhat similar to humans. They are very intelligent, natural researchers and thinkers.
Kiadians are also very honorable and trustworthy; Treachery, backstabbing and things like that are highly frowned upon amongst Kiadians.
Due to this, Kiadians ALWAYS honor the agreements they have made; If we are to achieve a mutual defence pact with them, we'd have an ally for the rest of our time in this Universe.

Threat level: None to average. If we are to go war with them, which I would personally resent.
Recommended course of action: Stay neutral. Possibly try to form a free trade agreement with them. Do trading as seems fit. We should not have anything to fear from The Kiadians as long as we show willingness to cooperate.

Quanemos:
Quanemos are technologically advanced, aquatic race of creatures representing ordinary toads. They are surprisingly skilled researchers and linquists; They had learned our common language even before I had contacted them personally.
Quamenos are isolotanists to extreme. They don't want to have anything to do with the rest of the races in The Galaxy. I bet this may have had something to do with the tensions between Kiadians and Quanemos. A bit surprising still, as both races appreciate science and research.

Threat level: Low. Their war with Kiadians can have serious consequences. Especially if Kiadians allies, Humans, are to join the war.
Recommended course of action: Ignore for the moment. See how their war against humanoids will fare.

Atuuks:
Atuuks are very primitive race of furry "monkeys". It's actually very surprising they are spacefaring at all, 'cause texts from the archives tell that they hate progress and technology, and prefer simple live in their forest cities. They still use simple spears as preferred weapon for their weapons. Yeah, that's quite baffling.
What Atuuks lack in technology and general strength, they make up with their huge population. Quantity over quality would describe The Atuuks well.
Also, Atuuks seem to be very friendly, even towards seemingly superior and more aggressive races that could possible spell doom for Atuuks.
Getting along with them wouldn't probably be hard if needs must.

Threat level: None to low.
Recommended course of action: Stay neutral or form a free trade agreement; We should not have to worry about backstabbing form a simple race like Atuuks. Try to get territory map.

General advices:
Giving monetary gifts is agreeable, as long as it doesn't harm our own economy.
Selling slightly outdated tech to trusted allies like Teekans could get us more credits and nicely boost our relationship with them.

Leadind diplomat of The Matrix Empire.
J HG T

//RPGing off

< Message edited by J HG T -- 1/18/2012 2:51:05 PM >

Post #: 40
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/18/2012 3:54:06 PM   
idjester

Great comments so far guys, I will try to take all of your advice and implement it into the videos. Just as a side note, sometimes with so much happening and so much to do, I just don't have time or forget to get some of your advice implemented. This is nothing personal and just happens. So please keep doing what your doing and if I forget to do something or your advice isn't followed all the way its just becuase there is so much to do and so little time to do it.

I do at least try to give an overview of each division during a video so each advisor can be updated to what is going on. Sometimes more information is given to one/two of the different divisions but that is because of what is happening during the game and that division needs more information. I am trying to get everyone ideas/thoughts involved in the video each time and if things don't seam that way I'm sorry. I do try to follow what you are saying and what your advice is but sometimes what happens in the game can make me have to make a decision (on the spot) and sometimes I just use my "best guess". If this doesn't follow what you have planned then I apolizies for this but understand what you say to me is very important and I do try my best to use your advice whenever possible.

Things that could help me is to underline or post important informatin in bold like Modest did. That way I can quickly overview it and pick out the important information at a glance. So making things in bold that are very important would be helpful and underlining things that are critical advice would help me greatly.... Thanks

Hope the videos are better qauality and sound now and you can actually see what is going on as opposed to the first 3 videos. Believe it or not I do the videos in one take without pausing or editing so I have to review/get things planned before hand and try to have a game plan during the session. I do review the game on pause before starting so I can see what is going and and where things are/what they are doing, but when I start recording is's all LIVE and in full action. I don't have time to review then, and I have to just rely on what I remember from your posts. So another reason that underlining and bolding can help me.

Hopefully all is well with my advisors and if you have any questions/comments/suggestions ect... that are out of the game then please do let me know.

I am going to try and get right back at it tonight so if you would please check everyday and post (even if its just a short post) that would be helpful. I don't want you to get to backlogged and have your suggestions/comments to get lost in the shuffle. So every day or two I will get back to playing so I need the advice to come every day or two as well. Hopefully this will keep the game flowing quickly and keep things fresh and interesting....

Your galactic emperor.....

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 41
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/18/2012 8:29:58 PM   
idjester

For those of you that are keeping track here is the updated galactic report.

New video will be uploaded tonight.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by idjester -- 1/18/2012 8:30:58 PM >

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 42
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/18/2012 9:29:32 PM   
Modest

I am very glad to hear that making important thing in bold is something that helps You. Also I do understand how easy is to forget about something, even critical at the moment, only because some <lots of censored worlds> pirate escort is spamming monitor with "You have been attacked" information. And things will definietly go even more complex and even more will start happening at the same time - war with another empire is for example more ofthen than not a logistic nightmare and a lot of stuff will be forgotten during that. And all this is easyli understandable by me. If You forget about something certianly I will not take it as a personal offence nor anything like that. It simply happens. I am also sure that others advisors take it the same as I. So I will add another sight to my messages - red colored text is especially important and it is something that above all should be not forgotten and done ASAP. I will use it only to those things that may be unable to be done in the future, such as building a wonder - because if other civilisation will do this, we may not anymore. Well, but I thing it is time to put my proper raport, is it not? :)

First of all I want to thank You for building up our research net. It is most usefull, and as You seen, new technology is showing one afther an other. That is something really great. Well... I didn't even think that at one day I will have to say that, but now I see how greatly mistaken I was. I declare that our empire should stop for now building another research stations. As counter productive as it looks, it is for our better future. The point is that we can not expand our research futher by building additional research stations - I am afraid that we have hit the limit. So why we should waste good money for maintandancing unnecesery Research Stations? We must wait for more planets to be colonised, more citizents to be borned on them and generaly to incrising our strategik value. For the time being, I am closing construction of a new Research Stations, with one exeption! When the bonus will be higher or equal than 20%. Those locations are good to be claimed for future. But it is my responsibility to point them and request new stations. For now we are done. I would like also to thank You for Your report regarding Riksul Research Station - it was most helpfull. Thank You very much.

***** Diplomacy Advisor *****

In Your last report You pointend out that maybe trading some technology with our rodent friends would be a good idea. Actualy I support this idea. Also I have taken liberty to mark some our research as "For Sale". The point is that, I consider those technologies being a safe one, and I would mind if they would be sold on left and right. But this is also a reason why my list is very short - I am pointing only this which I am not afraid to trade even with the worst foe. Rest it is riski and should come by debate betwen me and Military Minister. So do whatever You want with those:

Technology For Sale List:
1. Enhenced Hyper Drives
2. Enhenced Storages
3. Enhenced Engines
4. Enhenced Maneuvering (this is still under research)

Why I mark them "For Sale" to every one that You wish? It is simple - they are easy to obtain by everyone and can't cause much damage if used against us. Soon everybody will invent those so why not earn some money on them? But rest are a top secret until decided otherwise.

At last somebody with whom I do agree! SMASH THE TOADS! SMASH THE TOADS! SMASH THE TOADS! Well... Sorry for that, I just needet to say that. But person like You propably understand this feeling, this need to criple inferior amphibian... Those lesser TOADS! Ok, but maybe we should get to the point. In Your last report You pointed out that our destroyers are missing some additional Shields. Unfortunatly it would be really hard to make some minior changes and get an additional shield. That is a reason why I would like to propose a BIG change to destroyer desing. Let's take off this fighter deck - soon we will have some carriers for those. I can promise that! Flight Deck takes whole 50 units of space. So in it's place we can easily have three additional shields and one torpedo. And there should be additional space just in case. Also we must remember that we have now better reactor types. That means those last desings are now obsole. So first I will present our new destroyer design.

New Destroyer Design
One Command Center
One Thrust Vector
One Energy Collector
One Greax Hyper Drive
One Quantium Reactor
Three Habitation Modules
Four Fuel Cells
Six Epsilion Torpedo
Six Megatron Z4 (shields)
Eight Proton Thrusters
If any space left, add few shields and armors.

Also as for every other design in our empire bluprint bank I would suggest to check all of them and select "Upgrade All" (because we turned off finnaly this automation of design, didn't we?).

Also I would like to present our new research plan, which must owerride curent one. Of course as usually we will start with weapons. I will try to make is shorter one, than that before...

Firstly, we should finish Light Interceptor, without any changes. Afther that, also according to our previous plan lets invent Tactical Interceptors (so we can build a carriers). But now, we will make a change. Insted of upgrading torpedos, we will focus ourself on Rail Gun Weaponry. Because this technology is quite primitive and easy to grasp, I would like to speed it up by making a crash program on it. Afther that we will move deeper in rail guns by inventing Accelerated Projectiles. Only then we will come back to torpedos by inventing High Energy Cohesion. Our next objective will be to get some point defence weaponry. Unfortunatly we may not do this directly, because... Eh, that is too complicated to explain it. I will make long version short - we need to first create some Missile Weapons, which are also quite primitive and easy to invent. So we will crash also them to not waste our time on such thinks. And then we can start working over Point Defence.

Now, it is time for Energy Research...

So, here are also little changes from our previous plan. Let's start with finishing Enhenced Maneuvering. Next one, as was pointed by our Military Minister, we should find a way to make our ships bigger. And so we do, by inventing LargeScale Construction. Our possision in the galaxy has proven to be a blessing, but if our allies would be attacked by the... hmm... Who is so ugly that could be attacking our friends? Oh! For example by THE TOADS! LITTLE, UGLY TOADS! So, if the Toads would attack our rodent friends, then our posision would be just a curse... Logistical nightmare... And that is why we need this Accelerated Construction being invented. Thanks to this we will be able to send a Ressuply Ship and our fleet will become independent from local calson deposits and gas mines. But war is not only about fighting in space. What good is a war in space if we are unable to take enemy colonies? Simple waste of resources! So, I have decidet that we will create an army of robots and... NO! Wait a moment... We can't. They will be to easy to destroy, and we would lose to many troops, and would not fufill our first racial victory condition. As a Research Minister, I will not allow that. We will have to fight using Elite Troops in the future, and Cloned Troops. So for now we will have to research a Damage Control for our ships.

As for Hi-Tech...

We start with finishing Enhanced Commerce. I have decidet to invent Open Trade Network before other colonising metods. Since there were no communication lately with our Resource and Finance Advisor, I had to decide by myself on that. If he disagree with my decision, he is free to change this as he pleases. But for now it is like that:
2. Open Trade Network
3. Continental Colonisation
4. Desert Colonisation
Resource and Finance Advisor have free hand in changing posision 2, 3, and 4 as he see it fit. But afther those three technology will be succesfully researched, than I would like to give our fleets some "eyes" by inventing Proximity Sensors, and later Long Range Scanners which will be mounted on every space port and on every exploration ship.

There is also one last thing about which I have to remind our great Leader. We must build on our homeworld Hi-Tech Labolatories. Not the research station... I mean Planetary Hi-Tech Labolatories. This is very important. If we do not have money to do that I suggest to raise taxes about some 10% until we will have necessery money, or even selling some our technology. But building this Galaxy Wonder is our top priority for our Research Division. So I will put it again now...

Let's start building Hi-Tech Labolatories on our homeworld (to do that, simply click on our planet, than under the picture of it in lower left corner there are few icons. Click the hammer on purple background. And there should be only one to build so click it). I must add that it will not only improve our Hi-Tech research (regardles of any other limitations) but also will improove our colony development level and will cause higher taxes revenue. It is really important.

With Regards
Modest

< Message edited by Modest -- 1/18/2012 10:35:31 PM >

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 43
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/19/2012 1:15:40 AM   
idjester

Part 7 and 8 uploading now.... Coming quick now. More and more to do and less and less time to do it.

Matrix Empire Part 7

Matrix Empire Part 8

< Message edited by idjester -- 1/19/2012 4:42:43 AM >

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 44
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/19/2012 10:58:55 AM   
J HG T

Funny side note: Every time I start watching the videos I get frightened by the purple colors of The Matrix Empire. In my own games purple/dark purple usually means Slukens or Boskaras who tend to be my number uno enemies most of the time. It's just reflex for me. 

//RPGing on

Our new ambassador, Jundo Gachuz, should be sent to negotiate with Teekans to even further strenghten our relations. In the long run his work could even lead to MDP with Teekans.
Alternatively we could also send him to work with Kiadians or Humans (when we find their homeworld) to keep them on our good side.
It seems very likely that Quamenos and/or Wekkarus are going to be our main competitiors in the future, so diplomacy with them is relatively pointless.
Ketarovs and Haakonish could be possible trade partners too. We could work with them, but they are quite different from us, which could cause some problems in the future.

Advice regarding our rare Korabbian Spice resource: We should trade it with at least our friends, Teekans. Kiadians and Humans being other potential empires we could trade this highly beneficial and valued resource. The Ancient Guardians probably don't benefit from this resource a lot, but they would definetly appreciate our willingness to trade it with them.

Report on new empires:

Haakonish:
Haakonish are a reptilian race living mainly on marshy swamp planets. They are quite aggressive and competitive race, have strong sense of their superiority and are highly xenophopic towards other races. They are skilled spies and also love showing off their highly customized technological apparatuses.
They may a bit hard race to deal with, but they could possibly be good trading partners at least. I'll leave this decision to our leader.

Threat level: Low to Average. Their natural aggressivines and sense of superiority may cause problems if they are to spread widely in The Galaxy; They have no problems with going to war with races they don't like.
Recommended course of action: Stay neutral. Try to get territory map. Keep in mind that they may be possible future competitiors like Wekkarus and Quamenos.

Ketarovs:
Natural spies and experts in espionage of all kind; They are very paranoid race that don't really trust anybody. Working with them may be problematic in more ways than one. They seem to have some similarities with Atuuks so they MAY potentially end up working together, especially as their empire seem to be located near each other. A bit surprising to see them having a FTA with humans.
They are quite average in every way apart from their natural talent for espionage and sabotage.

As a side note, these Ketarovs remind me of a race I remember dealing when I was still a youngling in my races age. Their name was... Pelengs, if memory serves. Strange...

Threat level: Low to average. We may be targets for serious sabotage and espionage if we are to anger them.
Recommended course of action: Stay neutral. Try to get territory map. Keep an eye for their expansion, as they may be surprisingly aggressive if they feel their security is endangered. They COULD be considered for a FTA.

Finding the ancient archives with documents describing the "Way Of The Ancients" is very good news. Apparently, The Way Of The Ancients is an old but highly advanced and respected type of goverment, that was used by the "Freedom Alliance" while it still ruled over most of The Galaxy.
It seems that The Ancient Guardians and/or Precursors may have had major role in creating it. This way of living heavily emphasizes the personal responsibility and honor of an individual in working towards the greater good and intergalactic balance and peace.
It also seems to put a lot of weight on helping the weaker races/beings and leading by an example rather than authority and fear.
It's a very noble form of a goverment, and many other races would most likely show great respect for us if we are to abandon our way of technoracy and follow the Way Of The Ancients.
I'm quite sure most of our population would be most happy (and even honored) with this change too, as technoracy has limited their lives in several ways compared to relative freedom of life WOTA provides.

I personally recommend converting to the Way Of The Ancients ASAP.

I'll let our lead scientist to decide if we are to do tech trading with other empires, and what techs we are to trade.

Leading diplomat of The Matrix Empire
J HG T

//RPGing off

Regarding fleets messing around on their own: Use the buttons on the lower left corner to set the fleet to "Defend *homebase name* only" and set the engagement range from the options screen --> empire settings to "engage system targets" or "engage when attacked". Should help keeping the manually controlled ships in order.
Had this same problem too when I started playing Legends. Those settings keep the fleets from blasting all around your empire in hunt for some puny pirate escort.

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 45
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/19/2012 2:32:05 PM   
idjester

2 questions for my advisors to think about and give me advice.. Will get on tonight and proceed so keep checking back in each day. thanks for all your help along the way so far, its been wondering having you alone for the ride.... Great job.

1) Switching to the Way of the Ancients ancient form of goverment.

2) What to do with the colony ship that has millions of dhayuts, that aggressive and fearsom race.

and then of course anything you have to share about your duties and advice about your civilization expertize.

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 46
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/19/2012 7:35:08 PM   
Theluin

//I'm sorry or not posting for quite a while now. I've had some RL issues I had to take care of, but now I'm back and up to date on the affairs of the Matrix Empire . //

Statement on the WOTA form of government

After many sessions of consulting with various experts and lobbyists I have come to the conclusion that the Way of the Ancients shall be more beneficial to our empire than our current form of government. It will increase the GDP of our empire and reduce the maintenance costs of our ships and bases. Also our population will grow faster and our citizens will be happier which means higher tax income. 

Speech for the next Council meeting

Despite my prolonged absence my subordinates have made a great job of building the resource base of our empire. That fact alone should clear them of any charges of treason, nevertheless I have ordered several investigations to commence inside my department.
As we have that cleared I'd like to move on to the current affairs of my ministry:

First on my list is the Small Space Port we have acquired in an asteroid field around a star so insignificant it doesn't even have a proper name. It seems it became a trade hub for our empire, however maintaining a space port so far away from any population centres or valuable resources is pointless. It is my opinion that it should be scrapped as soon as we colonize the nearby habitable planet. It shall increase our budget surplus considerably as maintenance costs of a space port are rather high.

Another matter that has to be brought forth is the Signal Intercept Station our exploration teams commandeered on he other edge of the galaxy. It is so far away from our borders that dozens i not hundreds of years will pass before we might have any use of it at all. Meanwhile it is using up valuable resources that could be used to, for example, protect our mining expeditions from pirates. My advice is to scrap this base also.

The third issue I would like to discuss is our construction ship. In my opinion we should build 2 more as our empire now spans an area of almost 9 sectors and transporting resources from one end of it to the other is an inconvenience to say the least. Also we should retrofit the construction ships we already have as this will allow them to move faster and generally improve their capabilities.

And last but not least are the ultra rare resources. Our empire was quite lucky in that field as we already control 2 sources of these valuable commodities. Our priority right now should be to defend them as we already almost lost one of them. My suggestion would be to build one defensive base at each of the planets so that we won't have to keep a constant fleet presence far away from any resupply locations.

Thank you for your attention.

With respect
Minister of Resources and Economy
Theluin

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 47
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/19/2012 7:50:51 PM   
Modest

I am glad to say that it will be propably my first report from some time that will be shorter. First of all let me thank You for building those brand new, shining beacons of science on our homeworld. With them our income has been greatly increased. Also our Hi-Tech research speed has been doubled. Splendit development, just splendid.

I see that You have some questions for us. Ok, so I will try to answer on both of them in the best way I can. So the first question is about changing our goverment type from Technocracy to The Way Of The Ancient. Well, teoretically as a science advisor I should san that it is a bad idea because our research bonus will drop from 60% to 50%. That is a 10% drop, which is definietly not good. But here is where teory end practise starts. Way Of The Ancients will prowide us with better income, higher approval and many others. All that gathered togeter means that we will be in a lot better posision than under Technocracy. So I put my vote for Way Of The Ancients. This way not only we will buildup our economy but also our political standings. Who knows, maybe even we will be able to smash those pesky TOADS... Emm... FROGS I ment... That would be really good!

As for second question. For me there is only one good thing to do with those Dhayuts. Send them on our Zentabia planet and colonise it! That way we will have a legitimate claim on it and nobody will take it from us via colonisation. I know that it is a poor quality planet, and will provide us with small economy losses at the begining, but later when Zentabia will flow like a Spice, we will develop our planets much better and recive even higher tax revenue. That is my advice and I hope that other advisors will second this.

As for trading our technology with our allies... Now I see what error I have done. I marked only those technologies that may be traded absolutly freely, and forgot to point out which should not be traded no matter what. But fortunatly You had some idea what to trade and what to not, and as far as I remember You did not traded anything that should not be traded. Well, so here I add short list what we should never ever trade to others, no matter what and with whom:

1. Our Zenox Shields
2. Colonisation Technology

All others may be traded with our allies, but I would be very carefull in trading it with someone else. With other only those which I marked, because they are cleary safe ones. By the way - nice technologies we bought from our friends. Good decisions.

As for adding better shields to the list... That was first posision on my next technology list so this will not have any bad impact on my planing, and we will have stronger shields. Actually I am glad to see that our great Leader is starting to take some thing in his own hands.

With Regards
Modest

There are many new improovments in our military research, and I am more than happy to say that now it is aviliable to us to build Ressuply Ships and Dedicated Carriers. Also now we have Rail Guns, and our size limitation have been lifted much more. I would like to know how big ships we could built now. Afther I will recive this information I can start to create new designs for our new ships and better for some old ones.

But I would like to discuss some things with our Military Advisor first.

Actually I would like to ask You, will it be acceptable if our Resuply Ship will be unarmed at all, or only lighty armed? Normally I would arm him well to defend himself, but in our current unsure economitial situation this may be not to good. Plus, it is not fighting ship, only resuply.
Also I would like to ask if You are willing to give up one fighter bay on carriers for incresed speed and manuverability, or is it out of question?
Another thing is that now we have a Rail Gut technology, which is better than blasters. I think that it would be good idea to use them insted of those old blasters. Will You accept this?

And I would ask You if You are willing to second my proposition that any new mining and gas mining station should recive three torpedos for self defence. Or at least two. This could help us with those pirates, and other small attack.

Thank You from advance
Military Research Staff.

< Message edited by Modest -- 1/19/2012 7:54:07 PM >

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 48
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/19/2012 8:47:18 PM   
Theluin

My good colleague has reminded me I forgot to deliver my statement about the Dhayuuts to our esteemed leader, for which I'm in debt to him.
As a side note I would like to remind that the Dhayuuts are a desert race and probably won't be able to live in the unfriendly environment of a volcanic planet. They may be able however to live on the planet that has the deposits of Korabbian Spice. Although I'm unsure whether we should allow such an untrustworthy race to control such an important location.
It is my opinion that the ship should be retired for it's technology.

< Message edited by Theluin -- 1/19/2012 8:49:38 PM >

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 49
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/19/2012 11:32:17 PM   
Modest

If the Dhayuuts are uncapable to live in volcanic enviroment, then I must say that we do not need them in my opinion. Desert planets soon will be colonisable for us, so we do not need to use Dhayuuts for that. If that is the situation than I would likie to suggest two options. We may just colonise one of those planets to speed this process a little, transport some troops into this colony, and when first Zenoxians will arrive via passanger ships, we simply exterminate Dhayuuts population - easy and safe. Second option that is also good in my opinion is like our Resource Advisor suggested us - retire the ship rof technology. Maybe it will help us to understand Desert Colonisation? Who knows...

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 50
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/20/2012 1:05:42 AM   
idjester

Part 9 and 10 uploading now... Part 9 is overview and catch up from your guys advice and just some small gameplay. Part 10 is massive almost 2 big hours long, so many things such little time. It will be awhile before it is uploaded it so massive....

Episode 10 is almost 1 GIG of data, probably 3-4 hours to upload. Almost 2 hours of actual gameplay!!!

Matrix Empire Part9

The Massive Matrix Empire Part10

< Message edited by idjester -- 1/20/2012 1:40:22 PM >

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 51
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/20/2012 8:10:26 AM   
Tomatoes

quote:

ORIGINAL: idjester

2 questions for my advisors to think about and give me advice.. Will get on tonight and proceed so keep checking back in each day. thanks for all your help along the way so far, its been wondering having you alone for the ride.... Great job.

1) Switching to the Way of the Ancients ancient form of goverment.

2) What to do with the colony ship that has millions of dhayuts, that aggressive and fearsom race.

and then of course anything you have to share about your duties and advice about your civilization expertize.

We should 100% switch to The Way of the Ancients. It is the most effective system for our Empire. It gets rid of all red tape bureaucracy and replaces it with a system of efficient excellence.

As for the Dhayuts.....

I would recommend we settle them on a planet that it of a lower quality. 30-40%

This way it is not impacting on our empires expansion of zenox living space but this way we could turn the colony into a "work camp"

Have you seen how much a Dhayut can lift?

I cant see us gaining any tech from scrapping the ship.

The dhayut hyperdrive is a wet dream to our engineers but without pulling about 10-15 of them apart they still wont understand its secerts.

I leave the decesion in your hands

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 52
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/20/2012 1:21:53 PM   
Kalthaniell

Use the bug ship to colonize the bug planet! We could build a military academy and use this ugly spiders as elite troops! They would be so much more powerful than our own hamster strom troops! With our technology and thier natural resilience they would be an unmatched force! Hope I'm not giving this advice too late....

Anyways: all my previous suggestions stand.
The destroyer patrols however are unnecessary because our new escorts are just as powerful as our destroyers. Great idea with arming our mining bases on planets with very important resources.

One thing that comes to mind is building a network of small recon bases along the outer borders of our empire. A small base with long range scanners, some shielding and some basic weaponry. The point is to make it cheap so we could have between 5-8 of those. They would be our early warning system against pirates, which would allow our nearby ships to react more quickly.

(in reply to Tomatoes)
Post #: 53
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/20/2012 1:32:44 PM   
J HG T

//RPGing on

We are building consensus. Please, try again later.

//RPGing off

Meaning I'll post my next advices tomorrow evening. Real-life and so on...

Post #: 54
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/20/2012 2:20:34 PM   
idjester

Sensors overloaded, COM system is down, need to reboot the system.....

Meaning Saturday will be the next video, any information or advice can still be processed until that time...

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 55
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/20/2012 3:31:42 PM   
Kalthaniell

I still have to watch the 10th video. I'll advice afterwards.

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 56
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/20/2012 4:50:37 PM   
Modest

<Two hour You say? It seem that I will have a looooong watching then. I wonder how You were managing technology afther my list has ended. Well, will se ;)>

Post #: 57
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/20/2012 5:09:31 PM   
idjester

You had given me enough technology that there were some still in the cue to do, so I didn't need to address any new technologies..... but I did pick up alot of new technologies for us by trading with the Teekans and the Humans.... But don't think I had to imput any of my own technology decisions. From your last list it was 4 or 5 on each section which was enought to hold me over during the videos.....

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 58
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/20/2012 8:05:01 PM   
Modest

<Wow... It was really long. And I see that there are few things that I will want to explain to You. But there is one thing I would like You to do at the end (or near the end) of all Your vids - I would like You to open research and show me all four pages of research - from top to bottom so I can easyli pause and see what is actually happening and so... It would make my planing a lot better, especially when You buy tech from others (which is nearly always a good idea in my book with few exeptions which I will also explain soon). For this reason I will add new marker in my messages. The blue text (like this) means that it is not so important from my planing point of view but may be important for You for the future. You will definietly not find in blue text any plans for future research, only explanations and so.>

Your Majesty, I have a honor to present our new technology direction. I have seen that, as our Leader You have special intrest in our rating standing. Also You have mentioned few times building some short of Archival Wonder, which is esspecialy important to us - the Zenox! This day I have an honor to say that we will aim directly our eyes on that matter. Unfortunatly it is a very long way and it will be also hard to not interrupt it. But I think that it is worth the try.

So for Hi-Tech I would recomend:
1. Advanced Fuel Storage - it is the last Hi-Tech invention before we will go on our way for Archival Wonder
2. Advanced Cargo Stroage
3. Optimised Cargo Stroage
4. Archival Facilities - afther we will research this, we should begin construction on our best planet beside our Capital. The reason is simple - our capital planet is extremly developed, and it will be even more to this time. We will want to help develop other one.

As for our Energy I think that we should improve speed of our ships in hyperspace, and likewise improve our energy reactors so they can give all of themselws.
1. Fast Jump HyperDrivers - I must inform You that this HyperDrive is actually not faster than our old one. It is slower in term of moving speed. Howewer it can preform jump afther 7 second from rectiving order. Previous one neded for that 13 second. In most cases those additionaly 6 second will give him upper hand.
2. Quantium MicroUtilization
3. Accelerated Hyper Jump - Afther THIS upgrade our new HyperDrive will be actually faster than old one was, and will preform jump afther only 5 second from reciving order.
4. Fusion Physis
5. Advanced Fusion Physis

Also I have some plans for our weapons systems. Right now we have very good torpedos and quite good fighters. But our Rail Gun weaponry is embarrasingly primitive. It is time to end this!
1. Rapid Fire Projectile
2. Projectile Arrays
3. Long Range Projectiles
4. Hyper Accelerated Projectiles
5. Massive Projectile Arrays

Apart from technology planing I must also request that on our homeworld will be build our Trade Nexus Wonder (or something like this). It will not only improve development of our homeworld, but also will improve tax revenue for 100%. It is a "must have" for us in current situation.

As for our new form of goverment - The Way Of Darkness, I think that we should vote about that, because it is to important to only one person decide. My vote is NO. I will stick myself with The Way Of Ancients.

Now, let's go to difrent topic. First of all I would like to explain what exacly is Crash Program in research tree. You were expecting that this way the technology will be simple bought like some product in the shop. Of course it didn't happend. Then You started thinking that it was like single investment in that tech. But this is also not the case. When You decide to Crash tech, You simply speed up greatly it's research speed. I do not know how much, but it is really big bonus. But not the only one. Additional bonus is that if a certian tech is on Crash Project then it is impossible to lose some of it's data because of random events. Howewer I am not sure in 100% about this. The bad side of Crash Program, apart from it's cost is fact that once You decide to invest Your money in some tech You may not research anything else until that one is finished (of course we are talking about only one branch of science - so if You would crash torpedos from weapons, You still are researching shields from energies. But You are unable to cancel torpedos and change to something else).
Another thing is importance of fuel. I seen that during this two hour long vid, once You decided to send fleet to destroy pirat base. Problem was that this fleet had merely power to come to the system with pirates, and You knew that very well. But what You propably didn't realise is that fuel is needed even to fire weapons and regenerate shields. Without fuel ship reactor can not produce energy. When there is no energy weapons will not shoot at all, shields will not recharge at all, and ship speed will be reduced greatly both - in hyperspace and during normal travel. Also carriers will not built new fighters. So I hope that this shows why it is so important to refuel fleets before sending them in to a battle. Not always possible of course - sometimes it is more important to strike faster and take enemy by surprise.
Also I think that You did not knew that mining base over the planet or moon does not influence possibility of colonising it. If such planet is colonised than mining station simply disappear. There is absolutly no confeqences from this - no relation going down, no war, no loses of reputation. That is why choosing colonisation target You should not take care if there is mining station or not on that planet (other mining station on other planets and in the same star system are diffrent things - those can cause tennsions and ultimatly may leed to war). This works in two ways - the fact that You have mining station over some planet does not meen that this planet belong to You. Not unles the system is in Your borders (influence zone).

I hope that this was helpful for You. I also hope that You don't feel bad about the fact that I decidet to give You some explanations when You really didn't asked for them. If I for example offended You in some way than I am really sorry, but this wan not what I wanted achive. I wanted simply help You to understand some things.

With Regards
Modest

< Message edited by Modest -- 1/20/2012 11:47:51 PM >

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 59
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/21/2012 2:19:13 AM   
Kalthaniell

>>>>>>New Military Strategy<<<<<<<<<

Due to the recent development in the political and the geographical (or astronomical???) areas, the High Command has decided it will soon be the time to take our military to a new level.

Although, we have a good military strength when compared to other empires now, this situation can change rapidly in the near future. We have two more or less capable fleets and two other, less capable ones. Our current strike forces are good for taking down pirates and fighting inferior toads flying space ponds which they might call ships (which we might do if we were at war with them). However, it has become apparent that our borders will soon be really close to the other empires territories. Some of that empires might want to push them a bit closer to our homeworld. Against our will. Iím not saying it will happen, but it might. And the way I see it, we are not prepared for war at this time, and it doesnít look like we will be anytime soon. So, the High Command decided to give our leader some pointers as to what to do when we are attacked or when we are forced to attack.

Firstly: How to win a galactic war?
-Easy, crush your enemies with your superior fleet and outmaneuver them by destroying their resupply points. When their military is crippled itís time for the killing blow Ė take over their secondary colonies which are poorly defended. Then, use your massive troop invasion forces to overwhelm the well-defended colonies, leaving only the enemies homeworld, which usually canít be taken over until you have about fifty or so tough and experienced battalions. Thatís the standard approach.

Secondly: Why canít we win a galactic war?
-Simple, we donít have some of the things needed.
A: We donít have enough fleets to outmaneuver the enemy and defend our own colonies at the same time.
B: We donít have troops to defend our own colonies, let alone attack one.
C: Even if we did, we only have one fleet that can transport a lot of troops, but it is composed of trooptransports. That means it would get massacred in a straight up fight, and we would lose a lot of soldiers.
D: We lack proper logistical network to support our fleets movement outside our homeworld.

How to remedy that? Well we need to build a huge number of ships, organize them into fleets and task forces, manage them all properly and build a whole resupply points network for them. Then we need to build an army, and take care not to waste it or lose it in pointless battles etc etc

Yes, itís a lot to explain and comprehend. It has been decided that it should be explained with a neat chart. Hereís the chart:

I know, itís rather simple but it conveys the intended information. What we want to do, if (or when) we go to war is to make sure we have at least one casion fuel source ( be it a gas mining base or a resupply ship) and one monitoring station with long range scanners within each of the red marked zones. We should also have two strong fleets in each zone Ė one for defense (defensive stance) and one for bug smashing (offensive stance and loaded troops). We do not need to control each fleet manually, so they can be put on auto. The priority for attacks should be mining stations (set from empire policy window) and poorly defended colonies. We should not attack any colony without 3:1 advantage. All colonies in the red zones should not have less than 5 troops on it.

All that is off course a long term (not immediate) plan, which we should implement as soon as we get all the potential colonies colonized(?). The High Command prepared it, because the war outbreak can be sudden and we might not be able to give the proper advice in time. So itís good to know this sooner. And Seeing that our relations with the lobsters and the bugs are sliding quickly a very steep slope, it has been decided that itís high time for such contingency plan and tactical overview.
If there are any questions please feel free to ask. Sry for the long text.

>>>>>C-i-C HMR J.T.F.<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>Kalthaniell<<<<<<<

< Message edited by Kalthaniell -- 1/21/2012 2:44:52 AM >

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: AAR with Advisors Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI