Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AAR with Advisors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> After Action Reports >> AAR with Advisors Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AAR with Advisors - 1/10/2012 8:19:54 PM   
idjester

Hello Everyone.

New player to this game and love it so far. Most everything I have learned about this game is from watching Das123 video replays and the excellent job he does of explaining things and more importantly why he is doing things. While I learned alot while watchign his videos, I also learned that playing the game is much easier if you have someone there to advise you an what to do.

This got me to thinking that maybe there are other new players to this game that might learn some things if I was to do a video reply from a newbie perspective, where we had advisors there to help us along in the game.

My idea is to do a replay in which I would play the game based upon the suggestions that are given by my advisors. I would setup the game and post about our civilizations situation, then other (more experienced players) would then give advice as to the best course of action for our civilization based on our current situation. I would then go back and play out those actions as best I could.

Maybe the best course of action would be to get people that are interested in participating and assign them a role. Each person would be in charge of their area of expertize in the game and advise me in how to persue their outcome. Of course you would need to work with the other advisors so that we were able to all accomplish our goals. For example the military office would need to work with the research office to make sure he is researching the proper ship weapons. I would think this could make for an interesting collaberate AAR in which multiply people are working together to try and not only achive their own goals but for the goals of the whole team.

We would need:

Military Advisor:
Diplomat:
Intelligence Office + Characters:
Research Expert:
Resource Advisor:
(any others that I might be missing)

If you are interested in joining in the alliance then post what position you would like and your resume.....

The setup for the game will be determined by my advisors and we would probably only be playing the beginning part of the game to give new players (including me) and opportunity to get some advice from more experienced players but if things progress well......

Video 1-3 is lower quality, starting with part 4 the sound and quality get much better. It took me awhile to get the video setting just right. Also note, that video 10 is a massive 2 hours of gameplay long.

Videos in the Series

Matrix Empire Intro

Matrix Empire Part2

Matrix Empire Part3

Matrix Empire Part4

Matrix Empire Part5

Matrix Empire Part6

Matrix Empire Part7

Matrix Empire Part8

Matrix Empire Part9

The Massive Part10

Matrix Empire Part11

Matrix Empire Part12

Matrix Empire Part13

Matrix Empire Part14

Matrix Empire Part15

Matrix Empire Part16

< Message edited by idjester -- 1/26/2012 7:25:01 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/11/2012 10:39:32 PM   
idjester

At this point no advisors have come forward so I decided to do the introductory video and see if maybe that inspires some people to come forward and become empire advisors for The Matrix Empire.

To find out more about our empire goto:

The Matrix Empire Introduction

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 2
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/12/2012 7:22:48 PM   
Modest

Ok :) This sound like something which may be interesting :) So... I would gladly join You... But so far there are no others advisors, so for now maybe I will not choose specifik branch (later I would like to take research or military)...

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 3
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/12/2012 9:25:57 PM   
Kalthaniell

I'm in.

Military position open?

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 4
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/13/2012 12:43:21 AM   
Modest

If You want to be on military posision than I will be left to research posision, which is good for me :) So I take research. But I think that the last word in this have idjester himself ;)

(in reply to Kalthaniell)
Post #: 5
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/13/2012 10:19:02 AM   
Tomatoes

I would like to join in. I dont mind where im "assigned" I will help where possible.

Really enjoyed Das's colabrative AAR

These forums are relatively quiet sometimes if you ask me

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 6
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/13/2012 11:51:02 AM   
Kalthaniell

So we have military advisor and reaserch advisor. What's really left are diplomat and intelligence supervisor. IMAO, the resource advisor wouldn't have anything to say really, as the other positions already include thier own resource priorities. So one more guy and we are set? I'll ask Data if he's interested. He probably knows any and all War Room post out there.

(in reply to Tomatoes)
Post #: 7
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/13/2012 1:36:49 PM   
Tomatoes

Put me down as intelligence advisor....or agents will rival that of the shakuri!!

Post #: 8
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/13/2012 7:44:13 PM   
idjester

Alright gents, fianally got some action here.... yeah!

Here are the assigned positions so far:

Military Advisor: Kalthaniell
Diplomat: ??????
Intelligence Office + Characters: Tomatoes
Research Expert: Modest
Resource Advisor: ?????
(if no other advisors come forth then we will double up duties with what we have but I want to get the second video done for this series this weekend).

We are currently still looking for a diplomat and a resource advisor. The diplomat would be in charge of relationships with all of the enemies (treadies, trades, and relationships) while our resource advisor would be in charge of getting all of our resources for our empire. The resource advisor is in charge of deciding where will build our mines and bases and what kind of things to build for our empire and where.

Welcome aboard Generals.....

I'm counting on your to use your expertize to lead our empire to become the greatest ever. Each of you are responsible to direct me in however you best see fit and I will try and carry out your orders as best I can. Now get to your post and get to work --- dismissed...

(Try to be as specific as you can in your posts about what you want me to do but here is an outline of your duties)

Military officers duties - decides what kind of ships we need for our empire. Decides when our fleets needs upgraged and what kind of upgrades. Decides where our ships/fleets go and what posture they should be run in.

Intelligence office and characters - decides on the missions and types of missions that our intelligence officers goes on. Also decides on where to position all of our characters and determines where/when someone is removed.

Research Office - decides on what kinds of research our empire undertakes, when/if we undergo and crash research, and also where to build our research bases and what kind of research bases to build.

Gentlemen, when posting your info keep in mind to heavly plan on the present time but also look into the future. Have short term and long term goals. Make sure you post specifics about your intents, and what you want me to do. I plan on having about a 30-45 minute session each time so plan to have enough details for at least that ammount of time if not slightly longer...

Glad to have everyone along for the ride......

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 9
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/13/2012 8:45:34 PM   
J HG T

Sounds quite interesting. After thinking it for a bit, I'm interested being a diplomatic advisor for this, yet unknown empire.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 10
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/13/2012 11:46:07 PM   
idjester

Welcome aboard J HG T, you are the new diplomatic advisor.

One position still open as the resource office.

Gentlemen, when you get a chance review the video posted on the bottom of the second post to see our current situation. Once reviewed then file in your reports.

All hail the great Matrix Empire....

So say we all.....

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 11
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/14/2012 1:33:26 AM   
Modest

Ok, so afther reviewing video which showed me our begining possision, my first decision will be as follow:

1. Weapons

It is in my opinion very important to let our researchers finish what they started - fighters and bombers. This is rather long term goal, because in our current technology state we propably will not use them - but it is not my decision so I may be hear surprised. Howewer, they may really come in handy when it come to taking out enemy hard points, such as large space ports or defencive bases. Moreover star fighters will prowide our bigger units some relief from enemy fire - puting it simple, enemy units as well as our tend to spread firepower to more than one target, and I can not think of better target than fighter. Their life is irrelevant for us, while enemy must waste decent firepower to shoot even one of them (they have great countermeassure level due to their agility and little size). Moreover their operational range is also very impressive. As a reaserch minister I simply may not take away those possibilities.
My second decision, afther we will finish reaserching star fighters is to move towards EMP weapons. Again, in this situation we do not have really short term goals - they propably will be simple to expensive in used space. However in case of any emergensy situation, such as Silver Mist attack or war with stronger opponent those may become very usefull. Let's say that it is better to be prepared for such occasions than quickly change all research queue and pray to god that it will come just in time.
And last thing which I may order without consulting first with our military minister is better armor for our ships. Most propably quite quickly we will find enemy wchih will use railguns as a weapons. It is in our buisnes to make sure that we will not be defenceless in such situation. Moreover, armor is quite good at defending ships from other weapons as well - with phasers as an only exeption.

2. Energy

First of all I want to dissmist all those scientists which decidet to follow deeper into shield research - as a Zentox (or something like that) we have the best shields in know universe, so for now upgrading them will be just big waste of our capabilities. Insted of wasting them I would like to start upgrading our reactor. My reason is simple. On our current reactor we need sometimes two of them for ships to be able to travel with full speed - they simply do not give us enough energy. Of course we can simply put more of them, but it would be more expensive.
Afther our reactors will be upgradet by one level (not new type of reactor, byt simple upgrade to the existing one) I would like to do the same with our hyperdrive - here my reason is simple - it is good to have fast moving frighters and colony ships, especially at the begining when sometimes being first at some planets may give as an upper hand in development (paticulary when it come to independent colonies). Faster military ships also will not harm... At least they will not harm us ;)
Afther those two simple upgrades I think that we should move to upgrading our construction yards - this will allow us to build bigger space ships, and expand our military without expanding numbers of our vessels. But true plan is to bring us closer to such thinks as repair bot, ressuply ship and dockyard galaxy wonder (don't remember the name unfortunatly).

3. Hi-Tech

Again, unfortunatly our scientists didn't show how big their brains are... Researching better resurce scaner is really not most important since we already have simple one. We do not need now the better one. Insted of it, I would strongly suggest to research Marsh Swamp ASAP. Since Continental planets are our natural habitats we can colonise them already. With ability to colonise Marsh Swamp and Continental planets we will be able to colonise the two most precious type of planet in know universe. It will also bring us closer to researching in the future Terraforming Facility which is very usefull structure if you have bed luck and Your homeworld is hit by some disaster. WARNING!!! Terraforming facility will NOT terraform planet to better condition than it is - it "only" helps planet to recover from disasters that affect its quality. One more thing. Colonisation technology always cost twice as much as other technologies of the same level - and because of that it also take twice as long time to complete research. That is why I would like to recommend it to crash project when it will hit 50%, or if we will have really big surplus of money (like 200000 credits more than it is needed to crash it).
As a second project I would put an upgrade to our fuel stroages - this will expand our fleets range without the need to put more storages.

+-----+ Ministery of Research and Tehnological Development +-----+

Inspection of our current reserch capabilities are showing that our old policy regarding pursuing Hi-Tec was very succesfull. Right now our Hi-Tec research output is far bigger than Energy and Weapon. This leads to simple conclusion - we should expand this policy to both of them. For this reason I suggest to carefully chek everything inside our influence zone in search for places which provide us with sciencific bonuses. If we will find such places, we should claim them ASAP by building proper science station - that is in places prowiding weapons bonuses we should build weapon research station and so. If we will be unable to find such places in our influance zone, than it is suggested to build one energy and one weapons research station in our home system in orbit over any planet, or even over main star.

/\/\/\/\/\ Ministery of Military Research /\/\/\/\/\

First of all I would like to congratulate You for Your recent promotion. I am sure that as our Military Minister You will put great effort to keep our splendit civilisation safe and powerfull. But the true nature of this letter is of course not to congratulate You, but to ask about Your opinion and preferences, when it comes to building military force. I would like to know what kind of weapons You would like to obtain the most, and what do You prefer when it come to logistic and mobility? Do You feel more comfortable with big range wepons? Or maybe do You prefer close, devastating weapons? Do You prefer Your ships to have stronger shields? Or maybe those with higher regeneration?

I am looking foward for Your reply.
Research Expert and Chief Scientist
Modest

< Message edited by Modest -- 1/14/2012 10:10:45 AM >

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 12
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/14/2012 2:13:04 AM   
Modest

I am sorry, this message should be deleted (double post).

< Message edited by Modest -- 1/14/2012 2:18:42 AM >

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 13
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/14/2012 5:04:43 AM   
idjester

Report has been filed, copied, and put into the databank.... Uplink with other officers has been created, establishing communication, awaiting reply.

(Nice post Modest, great job)

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 14
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/14/2012 7:15:19 AM   
Theluin

I'm interested in the resource (and perhaps economic?) advisor position

Edit: Modest, Zenoxs' native planet type is continental not swamp.

< Message edited by Theluin -- 1/14/2012 7:09:27 PM >

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 15
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/14/2012 10:09:27 AM   
Modest

Thank You Theluin for that :) Stupid mistake from my side ;) I will change it at once :)

>>>>> Research Planing Athorities <<<<<

I am regret to inform You that in our latest report I had made a mistake which can have great gravity on our begining development. In short - it can stop it for ages. When I was planing our research program I forgot that our native planetary habitat is Continental one, not the Marsh Swamp. This mistake led me to plan Continental Colonisation as our first Hi-Tec invention, when actually it should be Marsh Swamp. I will change original report right now, but I would like to say it here second time, just in case. In Hi-Tec branch, we should begin research from Marsh Swamp Colonisation.
I would like to send my thanks to our Minister of Resource and Economy, as no other but He was the One who found my mistake and reported it to me. Thank You very much - You just saved us a lot of time. I look foward to be working in future with You.

Modest

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 16
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/14/2012 10:42:34 AM   
J HG T

To the leader of The Matrix Empire

Seems like our empire is located nicely on the edge of known galaxy. This should give us some advantages if we are going to run into aggressive, war-like alien species and the worst is to come pass.

I've been running through our archives of galactic history and seems like there's certainly other alien races in our galaxy; Many relatively accurate descriptions about other species and their history and galactic events have been found. I'll inform the esteemed leader immedietly if we meet any of the forementioned alien species and make needed corrections to our archives.
Many pieces of history also seem to point that some races had some similarities to ours. If these rumors are to be proven true, we should definetly try to form some sort of alliences with these "relative" races.

Older history even speaks about great galactic alliances and galaxy-wide wars against some mysterious and extremely powerful species. Details are very hazy and parts of this history are restricted or encoded by old and unknown yet very powerful technologies. Decoding and unlocking this data will take some time. Still, we have managed to extract information about couple locations of seemingly great value in the galaxy. They seem to be fairly away from our empire but they have been marked in the starmap for your convenience.

For the possible first encounter, I'd recommend staying neutral and seeing what kind of race we are talking about physiologically, philosopically and culturally. I doubt other alien species want to hurry too much with the first contact either, no matter how aggressive they may be.

Leading diplomat of the Matrix Empire.
J HG T

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 17
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/14/2012 5:40:17 PM   
Kalthaniell

To the leader of our glorious Matrix Empire

The Zenox Empire High Command has just finished debating on our new policies.

Having just recently mastered a FTL travel, our military is now facing a completely new set of challenges. First, we will have to shift our focus from planetary armies to space navy. We have concluded, that even if we will control a planet’s surface we would still get our furry asses whooped by orbital bombardment. Not a pleasant perspective. Hence, we all agree here, that building and maintaining a strong and versatile fleet is the only way to secure safety for our taxpayers. And make no mistake – their safety has always been our highest priority. Especially now, after our requisition officers more or less explained to us how much a single ship costs…. Well, anyway, we agreed that building a strong fleet of advanced ships is our main long term goal.

The second thing we plan to change is our troops. Although we initially thought our brave soldiers will be enough to counter any invasion attempt, ancient writings sent by our Leading Diplomat JHGT, have changed our minds. Apparently there are races out there that eat rodents. For breakfast…. And they are huge and have a lot of oversized teeth. In addition to their advanced weapons and vehicles, that is. At first we thought our good diplomat is pulling our legs, but then someone mentioned that frozen giant shrimp our astronauts found a few years ago. And if there could be enormous crustaceans floating through space, there could also be dinosaurs with lasers. Hence, our second long term goal is to upgrade and multiply our troops. We do understand that being the mouse of the galactic zoo is not a very good starting position for the ground forces supremacy, but that’s where our advanced technology comes in. Our army experts have already made an outline of what we want to achieve and sent it to our Lead Scientist. Here’s a copy:

That were our long term goals. As for now we have concluded that with current budget and resources we can forget about death stars and uber capital ships swarms. At least for a year.. or ten. So, for now we would recommend building 10 escorts, so our newly appointed ship captains can at least have a chance to shot a brand new shiny laser in the vacuum of space every now and then. We also believe, that it would provide our mining bases with some basic level of protection. Later on, when we have secured enough resources, we were hoping for a small fleet or two. Not even a whole fleet, a task force would do. A new shiny destroyer and a couple of frigates, just to keep that shrimps at bay. If we would manage to claim any more systems for mining or colonization, we should add another 3-5 escorts just to be able to patrol it all.

One last thing. We have prepared a contingency plan for a potential hostile presence nearby. We don’t know if there is something like Somalia in space, like our scientists seem to conclude, but it’s better to be safe than sorry (space shrimps theory again). So in a case of such potentially hostile contact we should be ready to build at least five destroyers and go on the offensive.

The Commander-in-Chief of the HMR (hamster, mouse, rat) Joint Task Force

Kalthaniell

./\/\/\ Minister of Reaserch/\/\/\.

In reply to 'what technology u want?':

1. Bigger guns. Any guns, no matter what kind. Just make'em bigger.
2. Bigger ship. So we can ram the enemy when the big guns will overload.
3. Fighters. Fighter+many=Trololololo which means - space supremacy.
4. We acctually are quite happy with how big our shields currently are.

That's all I can say for now. We will be able to make any specific requests as the situation changes. We don't have much ships to upgrade anyway. But I think our main advancement policy has been outlined.

With Regards
Com-in-Ch HMR Task Force
Kalthaniell

< Message edited by Kalthaniell -- 1/14/2012 5:52:59 PM >

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 18
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/14/2012 7:10:19 PM   
Theluin

To the leader of the Matrix Empire

I, the Minister of Resources and Economy have finished working on basic, long term guidelines for our empire. After consulting with various mining and trade lobbies I present to you:

The RaT (Resource and Trade) Strategy:

1.We should build a gas mining station over every planet with caslon and hydrogen inside our sphere of influence - This will ensure that our navy and more importantly our merchant fleet does not run out of fuel.
2.We should secure sources of at least 10 different luxury resources - This will allow us to fully develop our worlds.
3.We should build a small space port at every new colony we establish - This will give our empire's freighters places to offload their cargo and generally boost trade income.

After reviewing current star maps I must strongly suggest queueing a construction ship to build a gas mining station over Daloria 10 and ordering one of the other construction ships to build a mining station over a barren rock with steel in our home system. When finished the constructors should return to their normal duties. (Be left on auto )

With respect,
Minister of Resources and Economy
Theluin

Post #: 19
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/14/2012 7:25:58 PM   
Kalthaniell

The Commander-in-Chief of the HMR Joint Task Force would just like to voice his full support of the 'RaT Strategy' (). From military point of view, fuel is very important.

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 20
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/14/2012 9:36:35 PM   
Modest

Scientific community of Matrix Empire also support "RaT Strategy" - acces to luxury resources will allow our colonies develop better and than means more tax income. And money is just what will be needed to achive technology superiority in every aspect.

Modest

Post #: 21
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/15/2012 2:58:06 AM   
idjester

Positions complete (as Theluin has climbed the ranks to assume the position of Resource Advisor), all advisors updated, link established, vectoring in course, all systems a go.... Contact, bearing 0435, all systems online, uplink achieved. Course potted, iniatiate sequence in 5.... 4..... 3..... 2.... 1.....

< Message edited by idjester -- 1/15/2012 6:30:23 AM >

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 22
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/15/2012 7:12:35 AM   
idjester

And away we go.....

Hopefully the video turned out OK, I adjusted some settings to get better quality of 720 but it was acking wanky....

Check it out at and update as needed, some things I just wasn't 100% sure of so if you can advise on those issues that would be most helpful. I would like to get another video out in a day or two.

Great job advisors, you have earned your pay for the day.

Part 2 below

Matrix Empire Part 2

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 23
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/15/2012 8:43:49 AM   
Kalthaniell

Good vid Idjester.

You might want to use a different zooming technique to reduce the lag. I had a similar problem but now I use the icons in the lower right corner of the screen. On the left from the minimap you have a magnifier and a planet (for looking at planets and ships), magnifier and a starsystem (to inspect starsystems for planets and resources for example), and the one below is what I use to look at my empire most of the time. I found that using them instead of scrolling down and up reduces lag greatly, especially later on when there's a lot of ships flying around. To best use this system, select a ship or a planet or a system, and then press the desired zoom level. It should center around the item you wish to inspect.
Also bare in mind that giving orders to ships manually, cancels thier automation. Not sure if you know this. I didn't figure it out myself for some time when I started playing. When I'm not sure if all my ships are automated I simply go to the sector zoom level and select everything with a selection box. Then right click and chose 'automate all ships'. As you'll soon learn, there will be too many ships for manual control anyways, so you will want to leave only the most important ones not automated.

Just wanted to give you some general advice. I'll post my military situation assesment later on.

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 24
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/15/2012 10:12:23 AM   
J HG T

I'd like to remind the council of the locations I talked about last time. They are located in sectors C4 and C5. My recommendation would be to send exploration ships to these locations when possible; Their importance was highly stressed in the historical texts.
I leave the final decision to other, relevant advisors and the esteemed leader, but my recommandation still stands.

I concur with other advisors about strenghtening our empire both militarily and economically. It's best to be prepared and as self-sufficient as possible before we meet other species; This should give us secure position in the coming diplomatic negotiations.

No other issues I'd like to talk about at this time.

Leading diplomat of the Matrix Empire.
J HG T

/RPGing off

The lagging is known issue to all and is worst when zooming in and out of nebulaes. Just have to live with it. Turning off background nebuales in systems from the options helps in some degree.

Post #: 25
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/15/2012 4:14:03 PM   
Modest

There are few things to report right ather our leader's report. First of all I feel obliget to conferm that Ion Weapons are what I ment by saying EMP eapons. I must appology for this lack of scientifical accuracy. So again, I am confirming that EMP weapons are in fact Ion Weapons.
Moreover I must say that I am more than glad to see that my advices has ben understand and accepted by our goverment.
Addicionaly I would like to support J HG T idea of sending some exploration ships to our know, ancient locations (those in C4 and C5 sectors). They may be important for our reshearch progres, as we may find something interesting there.
Another thing is also that I and my fellow scientists have special interest in exploring that black hole which is on north - weast of our planet. At least our sensors are teling me that there is so strong gravitation anomally that it should be a black hole... But please, be careful - we do not want exploler ship to go on the other side of Event Horizon...

Modest

+-----+ Ministery of Research and Tehnological Development +-----+

I am writing to our resoure ministery in hope that our need of building another reshearch center (paticulary Military Reshearch Station) will be well understand. It could speed process of inventing new weapons and better armor which in turn would improve our possibility for protecting mining bases from any hostile activity. Maybe even such incidents as this last one with sandworm eating our new, still under construction mining station and damaging one of our escort will simply not happen again. The decision is of course Your, as You are in decision where to built what station, but I have strong hope that You will agree on this matter, and our ministery will soon have a new, weapon dedicated labolatory in proper location, which has been found by our explolers. I would like also to ask The Commander-in-Chief of the HMR Joint Task Force to second my request on this matter.

Thank You from advance.
Ministery of Research and Tehnological Development

<one important thing for You to take into accound - I usualy edit my messages few time because nearly always I make some mistakes or I forgot about something, so I strongly suggest You to wait some time and check it again if it was edited or not ;) Thank You in advance :) >

< Message edited by Modest -- 1/15/2012 4:33:09 PM >

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 26
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/15/2012 6:53:15 PM   
Theluin

To the Matrix Empire Council of Ministers

As the Minister of Resources and the Economy I would like to thank my colleagues for the vote of confidence in me and the RaT strategy and commend Idjester on the great job he is doing in ruling our mighty empire.
Also I would like to especially thank the HMR Task Force for it's valiant actions in defence of our construction ships and for securing the safety of our mining operations in the Uguth system. I express my deepest regrets for the lives lost on Venezuela 007.

Regarding the Weapons Research Facility Requested by the Science Department:

We have considered your request and we approve.
*Whispers to his aide* Perhaps this will put our ministry on the good side of the Com-in-Ch of the HMR TF and he in turn shall approve our request ()

To the Commander in Chief of the Navy:

Our Ministry humbly requests commissioning a 4th construction ship to support our growing economy. It will allow us to exploit the resources of the Kaamas system that much quicker. If the commander approves than I shall ask our great leader to order the beginning of the construction effort as soon as the budget allows.

Memo concerning the newly discovered systems:

The Kaamas system is undoubtedly a great boon to our developing empire. We should be quick to exploit it. I advise queuing one costrunction ship to first build a mining station on Kaamas 6 and then on the ocean moon of Acrus. A second construction ship should, after finishing with its current task, rebuild the mining station at Uguth 1 and then move on and establish mining operations on Elcaroy. The third constructor should finish it's current assignment and than build the WRS requested by the Ministry of Research. When finished it should establish a mining outpost on the same planet (Tebru 2) to harvest the deposits of otandium opal. If my request for a 4th construction ship gets approved the ship should build gas miming stations on the gas giants with caslon and/or hydrogen in the Kaamas system. If the Ministry is denied it's 4th ship however, the task should be spread among the other construction ships.

When the construction ships finish the aforementioned tasks, they should continue building mining stations on the other planets and moons in the Kaamas system. The experts in the Ministry think that the Kaamas star system shall become our main mining centre.

//Whew that was a long post BTW I saw that you made a little mistake - gas mining stations should be built on ice planets and not mining stations as ice planets only contain gases and luxury resources. Meaning that Daloria 10 needs a GMS not a MS

Edit: Turning down star density may help with lag when zooming in and out of systems

< Message edited by Theluin -- 1/15/2012 8:58:56 PM >

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 27
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/15/2012 8:15:38 PM   
idjester

Video 3 uploading.... Posted below when complete.

Guys, as you know it is going to be harder and harder to micromanage all of our ships as we move forward (exploration, construction, millitary) so what I am going to have to do is assign specific tasks for you to advise on. For example list what planets/resources/systems are best to expand into and I will do my best to follow your directions. I will probably have to just assign specific questions for you to advise on instead of specifics on every ships. But we are moving forward into the great unknown and your expertize will be needed to enhance our empire to the fullest.

Matrix Empire Part3

< Message edited by idjester -- 1/15/2012 9:23:46 PM >

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 28
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/15/2012 11:35:06 PM   
Modest

I am extremly glad of our progress. Two avilable colonies are definitly something that we may not neglect. I hope that thanks to our Mashy Swamp Colonization technology we will be able without any troble colonize them. Now I am even more glad that my mistake was pointed to me and I could change it.
I am also looking foward on puting my hands on this new ship. It seems very advancet! It posses technology about which we can not even drem at our current level! But this is also reason why Military Minister will want to keep it in service. Well, if that will be case than I will accept it, since right now there is absolutly nothing which we could put insted of this fine ship. If it would be a destroyer or frigate... But it is a capital ship with fighters bay on it... And besides... Who is telling we can't find another one? If we will than I want that dismemblent to the pices right under our carefull eyes.
I am also happy with exploration which I requested - this Black Hole... Unfortunatly it seems that this one does not have anything special. Of course it is still worth buildings Hi-Tec Station there, but no rush... It is only a 5%. But again, it is still worth it, just without unnecesary rush - do this when more important things will be built - this is about what I am asking our Resource Ministry Theluin. Too bad it is only 5%, because it seems so beautifull... I am sure that lots of Zenox would pay a lot to be able to see it... From safe distance of course. But that is of course non of my concern.

I would like to take closer look at our research program. Especially weapons, as there we had greatest succes - thanks to this new reaserch station. My original plan was inventing better armor afther Ion Weapons, but right now I have changed mind. Last incident with this sand worm, and curent danger from this Giand Klatour led me to change our weapons development to more offensive. Therefor I would like to recommend research basic torpedos, and improved one. Afther THAT we may take care about better armor. Also afther that I am rady to design a prototype of torpedo based ship, which may be tested and mass produced in the future, and changet if needed.

As for other technology categories... Without Energy Research Station this branch will be extremly neglected. And that is why I would like to ask our Resource and Financial Minister to help us in this matter. It is true that we do not have any special locations which energy bonuses, but it is not needed. I would like to build such station in our home system's main star. There it should be safe. Of course when proper location would be spoted than this base may be scraped to lover maintandance cost at any time.
There are still two energy research to be done, but just in case I will right now add a third to the queue. Afther we will do hyperspace upgrade, and construction yards upgrade, I would like our scientist to begin work on even bigger and better constructions so our Military Minister may build even more powerfull fleet.

When it come to our Hi-Tec research, I must say that we are quite fast in this one. Right now we are working at better fuel storages, and we have done Marsh Swamp Colonisation. Then afther this research will be complited I strongly suggest to improve our research labs. Yes - we will use our science to improve our... Science! This will allow us to build also Hi-Tec Planetary Facility which is one piece of art. I do not see possibility of building second such glorius structure. Not by us, and not by any other race in the universe. So researching better research labs is our next priority. That will be second think to do (afther those fuel storage). Afther that it will be time for finally improving our antiweapon systems, and targeting systems. So our third and fourth possision are Contermeasures and Targeting Systems. No matter which one first - but one afther another.

With Respect
Modest

<Ok :) Starting to get more and more interesting right now :) To other colonies, Ancient Guardians... Maybe some pirates will come also :) You are doing great job with Your video and it is nice to be part of it :)>

< Message edited by Modest -- 1/16/2012 12:24:28 AM >

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 29
RE: AAR with Advisors - 1/16/2012 2:47:36 AM   
idjester

Video 4 is uploading now...

I made several changes to my video settings and I wanted to get out a new video to see how well those new settings worked. The video should be almost full screen now and much clearer/better. I also made a sound setting change so the sound should be louder as well. So hopefully after these changes video 4 is now much better quality then in the past videos. I did progress into the game slightly more then I wanted to but I did want to check my settings, try zooming in/out ect.... and see how well everything plays out... Overall it did play much smother and I think it is much better then before.... Hopefully you will see that as well and the outcome will be easier/better for you to enjoy.

When the video finishes downloading it will be posted below....

Matrix Empire Part4

< Message edited by idjester -- 1/16/2012 4:31:16 AM >

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> After Action Reports >> AAR with Advisors Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI