Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be downloadable?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be downloadable? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be downl... - 1/10/2012 4:31:28 AM   
sandgamer

Nowadays,almost download shop,such as Steam,GamersGate,GOG,allow user to download purchased items at any number of times.
But Matrix games restrict items to be downloadable even though after registering.

Does they have problem of cost of internet traffic?
1 serial key allow to register one account.
Normal user don't download same item many times.
Many download shop have been testifying it.

I'm so annoyed in my trouble that purchased and registered item don't appear in my account orders.
How do you think this?
Post #: 1
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 4:46:42 AM   
bairdlander

Same here,I have several registered games purchased through DR that I cant re download,even though I paid extra for unlimited downloads.

(in reply to sandgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 4:47:39 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandgamer

Nowadays,almost download shop,such as Steam,GamersGate,GOG,allow user to download purchased items at any number of times.
But Matrix games restrict items to be downloadable even though after registering.

Does they have problem of cost of internet traffic?
1 serial key allow to register one account.
Normal user don't download same item many times.
Many download shop have been testifying it.

I'm so annoyed in my trouble that purchased and registered item don't appear in my account orders.
How do you think this?

Sandgamer,

I haven't had any problems downloading my purchased items more than once from the Matrix site.

rick

(in reply to sandgamer)
Post #: 3
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 7:43:20 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

How do you think this?

Have you heard about this new invention called "backup" ? - it's a totally novel concept whereby you actually make a copy of files that are important to you, like pictures of your loved ones, tax documents and even game installation files so that when your harddisk crashes you still have those files.

It's an amazing invention really - check it out.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to sandgamer)
Post #: 4
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 8:03:10 AM   
sandgamer

Are you living previous century?
Use Steam,or any other download shop.

Greetz

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 5
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 9:29:49 AM   
jomni

quote:

Greetz

Several people here are Anti-Steam. With Steam, you never really own your game.

Back to topic. When you purchase your game, you must be logged in in the Members Page. Then you will see a download link which will send you end email with download details if you click it. If you do not log in the Members Page before your purchase, this link won't appear even if you manually register your game.

I am also a bit annoyed that they cannot do it retrospectively if you forget this step. For games not listed in your Member's Page download list, you must email support and they will send you a new download link.

< Message edited by jomni -- 1/10/2012 9:31:39 AM >

My Blog
Random Wargame Name Generator

(in reply to sandgamer)
Post #: 6
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 9:31:57 AM   
Orm

Deleted.

< Message edited by Orm -- 1/10/2012 9:34:57 AM >

"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he said.
"Have you thought of going into teaching?"

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 7
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 9:35:43 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

Unfortunately not because in this century I have to deal with people who think their holiday pictures, important documents and files will magically reappear when (not if) their harddisk crashes.

Backup or be sorry - your call

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to sandgamer)
Post #: 8
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 6:07:01 PM   
Iain McNeil

We are working on a system to allow this but until it is complete you just have to request a download and we always issue a new one. There is no time limit on your download.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 9
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 6:21:24 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

Unfortunately not because in this century I have to deal with people who think their holiday pictures, important documents and files will magically reappear when (not if) their harddisk crashes.

Backup or be sorry - your call

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Several years ago I bought two external hard drives on sale, one is a 250mb and the other is a terabyte. Every time I download anything that is saveable, I put it on a list, and when that list gets kind of long, that's when I plug in the external drives and backup everything on that list. After that I unplug the drives for there's no use running them needlessly. Then I start over with a fresh list and do it all over again when it's long. Works great! Better than using CD's and DVD's like I used to do.

I have hundreds of games and tons of other software, and so far I've never needed to re-download anything. I also use Steam and Gamersgate a lot. I like both concepts. An external terabyte HD can be found for around $80 on sale.

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 10
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 7:29:54 PM   
J P Falcon

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

quote:

Greetz

Back to topic. When you purchase your game, you must be logged in in the Members Page. Then you will see a download link which will send you end email with download details if you click it. If you do not log in the Members Page before your purchase, this link won't appear even if you manually register your game.

I am also a bit annoyed that they cannot do it retrospectively if you forget this step. For games not listed in your Member's Page download list, you must email support and they will send you a new download link.

Of all the games I have bought from Matrix, I never even considered logging into the Members site before purchasing a game....shame on me for not being on top of that, but I have to be honest and say this is the first time I have been made aware of this step in order to maintain the integrity of future downloads......my bad I guess...........

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 11
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 9:01:54 PM   
demjansk

There should not be any problems of once you purchase a game that you can download it again.  If I have this problem in the future, I wouldn't buy a game from that company again and I would make sure I tell 10 others about it.  Hopefully, I dont run into this problem.

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 12
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/10/2012 9:08:05 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

quote:

Greetz

yes indeed some of us are

I'm thoroughly steamed that I had to open a steam account and play my off the shelf purchased hard copy of Skyrim through an online account so that everything I do in the game is monitored by a big brother.......

I'm done with the Elder Scrolls series now and will NEVER by another one of thier games if they stick with this insidious requirement.

Hans

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 13
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/11/2012 7:44:27 AM   
sandgamer

18 Dec 2011,I bought some games,and didn't touch Plimus offered download links because of I'm so busy in last year,and believed Matrix automatically show links in my account. After new year's day,I checked links to play games.

(1) - Gary Grigsbys War Between The States - - Download
Your download link: http://www.plimus.com/jsp/dlapp.jsp?ref=64192448C2888754C26330406
(1) - Highway to the Reich Strategy Guide - - Download
Your download link: http://www.plimus.com/jsp/dlapp.jsp?ref=64192448C2888774C26330408
(1) - Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge - - Download
Your download link: http://www.plimus.com/jsp/dlapp.jsp?ref=64192448C2888518C26330396
(1) - Highway to the Reich - - Download
Your download link: http://www.plimus.com/jsp/dlapp.jsp?ref=64192448C2888768C26330410
(1) - Close Combat: Modern Tactics - - Download
Your download link: http://www.plimus.com/jsp/dlapp.jsp?ref=64192448C2888494C26330402

All of them show only below message.
'
Cannot download
This product is no longer available for download, this may be due to the maximum number of allowed attempts exceeded or the allotted time.
Please contact the manufacturer of the product for support.
'

"maximum number of allowed attempts exceeded" despite I clicked each of them first time?
Iain McNeil said "There is no time limit on your download."It's not problem of expired date.

I e-mailed to storesupport@matrixgames.com at 2 January 2012AD,and so far I got nothing,so I submitted support ticket yesterday.

Probably,I am Anti-Steam than several people.
I hate DRM,I hate delay to start game,I hate subscription model that will levy usage fee when their company pile up deficit, I hate their security vulnerability and safety mind they don't alert user with e-mail even though they hacked credit card data,I hate Steam client don't allow game install anywhere,I hate they make difficult apply mod by messing up files,.....

But now I'm Anti-Matrix more than Steam.
At least,Steam allow purchased user to download and play game,Matrix don't it.

If Matrix set a primary target at this year that must be to complete "We are working on a system to allow this" as soon as you can.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 14
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/11/2012 7:58:58 AM   
JudgeDredd

Sandgamer, if you register the games in the Members Area, there is a link (admittedly I forget where it is because I looked everywhere and eventually found it) to request a new download link.

It's true the link has a time limit on it - but what Iain says is true - your download will never expire - just click the link and an email will be sent within a day (or two - I got mine in 2 days, but it was a weekend when I reported it and still got the link on Sunday I believe) - then you can use that new link...but don't leave it again - download and backup the file. Then you won't have to request another new link

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to sandgamer)
Post #: 15
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/11/2012 12:48:49 PM   
parusski

I recently suffered a catastrophic loss of my pc and ALL backup copies of my games. It took very little effort to start a support ticket and the support team jumped through hoops to allow me my to re-download every game I have purchased since 2004.

However, when I attempt to install five of my games I get an "invalid serial number" message. But the help desk is working on resolving this issue.

Thanks Matrix.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 16
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/11/2012 1:08:00 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

"maximum number of allowed attempts exceeded" despite I clicked each of them first time?
Iain McNeil said "There is no time limit on your download."It's not problem of expired date.

I'm pretty sure Iain meant that you will ALWAYS be allowed to download a copy of your purchase...there is no limit there - but there most definitely IS a limit to the link you receive when you purchase a game. I have no idea what it is, but it does eventually not work and you therefore have to use the process above (Members Area - Registered games - request download link" (<_my memory on the exact location and wording is vague - but it's in the members area somewhere)

Actually - it may have been changed - because I've just attempted to download one of the games I purchased last year and the link is still working - so maybe it's all changed...I don't know - between here and wargamer I'm starting to wonder about the efficiency of the web

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to sandgamer)
Post #: 17
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/12/2012 10:58:27 AM   
Iain McNeil

Yes the links are only temporary but we'll issue them as often as you need. Hopefully we'll soon be abel to let you generate the links yourself if you bought direct from us and have the games registered. Note that initially this will probably apply to games bought since we moved to Plimus (Nov 2010) and it may require that you were logged in when purchaing but details TBD, but we hope that it can be expanded to cover the older games later. For these we need to set up a completely different system though, as Plimus cant provide downloads of games bought from Digital River. This is all still in development so we;re not entirely sure how it will all piece together when its done but it will definitely make things easier :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 18
RE: Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be d... - 1/12/2012 5:10:45 PM   
J P Falcon

Well, here is my problem...I cannot find my back up disc for Forge of Freedom (my bad) so I would like to redownload it....I have the game registered but when I go to Digital River support, they want my email address and CC number...unfortunately I used a CC that I no longer have and I do not recall the CC#, so I'm at a roadblock....

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Why Matrix don't permit all registerd items to be downloadable? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI